Denver Broncos on strike?

Matt39

3 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

I understand that you can’t force someone to get vaccinated. However the vaccinations protect from getting the virus. So if they are truly concerned about themselves and their families then they should get vaccinated.

So the players who choose not to get vaccinated do not care for themselves or their families?  We are getting off topic here but this is just insane thinking.

2 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

So the players who choose not to get vaccinated do not care for themselves or their families?  We are getting off topic here but this is just insane thinking.

No its not. Being concerned about covid and choosing not to be vaccinated is insane thinking. 

That's a bad look.

People can work at Walmart, health care never stopped, utility workers never stopped, garbage men never stopped.

25 year old professional athlete with access to constant testing and elite, paid for medical.  "I can't work"

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, QB1 said:

No its not. Being concerned about covid and choosing not to be vaccinated is insane thinking. 

I guess non vaccinated players are letting their kids play in traffic and feeding them paint chips too.

Im out on this though.  Getting stupid.

Lets be honest.  Players using Covid to get out of going to work.  It is what it is.

Just now, Gramsci said:

This is about utilising your labour rights and protecting your health. I think that's pretty fair. 

Yeah but there’s a vaccine that works. It’s not about health or safety. That’s not sellable when there’s a vaccine.  Just say you want to skip practice. 

Just now, Matt39 said:

Yeah but there’s a vaccine that works. It’s not about health or safety. That’s not sellable when there’s a vaccine.  Just say you want to skip practice. 

Not everyone can get the vaccine just because they want it.  You are very lucky if you have been able to get it already.  

3 minutes ago, chirorob said:

That's a bad look.

People can work at Walmart, health care never stopped, utility workers never stopped, garbage men never stopped.

25 year old professional athlete with access to constant testing and elite, paid for medical.  "I can't work"

I don't see many players saying they want to cancel the season.  They are avoiding VOLUNTARY workouts.  Not a lot of unnecessary gatherings going on in any industry.

13 minutes ago, Butterfield said:

Not everyone can get the vaccine just because they want it.  You are very lucky if you have been able to get it already.  

I get that you don’t want to say what state you live in but here in NY everyone 16 and older can get it.  There is no luck, everyone here can get it if they want.   

3 minutes ago, Joe Jets fan said:

I get that you don’t want to say what state you live in but here in NY everyone 16 and older can get it.  There is no luck, everyone here can get it if they want.   

Look at the link I provided previously.  9 states are still 30+, 8 states are 40+, 7 states are 50+, a few are still 65+.  Even if you are eligible doesn't mean you can get one right away.  Here, it is at least a 5 week wait.  Plus 3 weeks until vaccine #2, plus 2 weeks for it to be considered effective.  That is 10 weeks.  

3 minutes ago, Butterfield said:

Look at the link I provided previously.  9 states are still 30+, 8 states are 40+, 7 states are 50+, a few are still 65+.  Even if you are eligible doesn't mean you can get one right away.  Here, it is at least a 5 week wait.  Plus 3 weeks until vaccine #2, plus 2 weeks for it to be considered effective.  That is 10 weeks.  

I will type slower so you understand.   I listed what NY is.    

you can get one this week if you want it in NY.   

Just now, TeddEY said:

I'm dumbfounded as to why anyone cares.  How does this negatively impact you?

Like, you guys.  Sam Darnold is no longer our Quarterback.  Things are good.

Whether the Denver Broncos don't feel attending voluntary workouts in person, or they're just making an excuse to get out of it, who cares?

• Upvote 1