Denver Broncos on strike?

2 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

Like, you guys.  Sam Darnold is no longer our Quarterback.  Things are good.

Whether the Denver Broncos don't feel attending voluntary workouts in person, or they're just making an excuse to get out of it, who cares?

You know who wouldnt be putting up with this?

Joe Judge, that's who. 

• Haha 1
  • Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

CJ Mosley be like

I predict we're gonna need a bigger clean up thread after this one.

The Jets were elite at Covid protocol last season. 

Posted Images

1 minute ago, TeddEY said:

Like, you guys.  Sam Darnold is no longer our Quarterback.  Things are good.

Whether the Denver Broncos don't feel attending voluntary workouts in person, or they're just making an excuse to get out of it, who cares?

Who cares about anything?

Crappy look to use covid and safety as an excuse when there’s a vaccine that works and people should be encouraged to get it. This certainly doesn’t encourage people.

• Upvote 1
Just now, Matt39 said:

Who cares about anything?

Crappy look to use covid and safety as an excuse when there’s a vaccine that works and people should be encouraged to get it. This certainly doesn’t encourage people.

I'm not sure the messaging is "get the vaccine and immediately return to life as normal."

Also, if you were waiting on Von Miller's leadership here, I suspect you weren't getting the vaccine anyway.

Just now, TeddEY said:

I'm not sure the messaging is "get the vaccine and immediately return to life as normal."

Also, if you were waiting on Von Miller's leadership here, I suspect you weren't getting the vaccine anyway.

I mean normalcy is definitely back with the vaccine after the two weeks.  At least for most. 

I didn’t expect the players to be anti vaxxers tbh

2 hours ago, Butterfield said:

Are we sure they can get vaccinated?  Where I live, you aren’t eligible unless you are over 30 or are at high risk.  Even then, its a 5-8 week wait after you sign up.  

I can walk into the local Walgreens and get a shot without an appointment.  

3 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

I mean normalcy is definitely back with the vaccine after the two weeks.  At least for most. 

No it isn’t.  You have to get two shots a few weeks apart and then wait 2 weeks.  That is a minimum of 5 weeks.  And that is only if you are eligible and can get an appointment.  5 week wait here.  How do you expect players to get it who aren’t eligible yet?  

And this has nothing to do with being an anti vaxxer.  If anything, it is the opposite.  

1 minute ago, Butterfield said:

No it isn’t.  You have to get two shots a few weeks apart and then wait 2 weeks.  That is a minimum of 5 weeks.  And that is only if you are eligible and can get an appointment.  5 week wait here.  How do you expect players to get it who aren’t eligible yet?  

2 weeks after your last shot 

56 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Yeah but there’s a vaccine that works. It’s not about health or safety. That’s not sellable when there’s a vaccine.  Just say you want to skip practice. 

That's not sellable?

The virus is still spreading in the community and the players have the right to say no to voluntary offseason workouts. 

What's there to dispute here? 

2 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Normalcy isn't back until we reach a saturation point, which hasn't happened yet.

Certainly, I've adjusted my behavior since my vaccination in January, but as I can still carry and spread to others who haven't yet been vaccinated, so I've yet to return to my status as overlord of the club.

• Upvote 3
1 minute ago, TeddEY said:

Normalcy isn't back until we reach a saturation point, which hasn't happened yet.

Certainly, I've adjusted my behavior since my vaccination in January, but as I can still carry and spread to others who haven't yet been vaccinated, so I've yet to return to my status as overlord of the club.

You do you. 

3 minutes ago, Gramsci said:

That's not sellable?

The virus is still spreading in the community and the players have the right to say no to voluntary offseason workouts. 

What's there to dispute here? 

Get the vaccine . Not difficult.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Matt39 said:

Sure. But Allen can hide behind the fact there will be other players with more street cred who try and leverage covid/not getting the vaccine to sit out again. This is a total media clusterbluck. Defend the vaccine or the pampered professional athlete?

1 hour ago, dbatesman said:

I think it's the opposite. If Allen puts the Bills season at risk because he doesn't want to get the shot, ten thousand Zubazed sister****ers will be on his front lawn with pitchforks and torches inside of 24 hours.

I think the move is to let social pressure guide people’s hands here. If you mandate it, you get the howling cultural resistance, and it becomes an even bigger sh*tshow. Like @dbatesman is saying, let a dude not take the shot then miss a month midseason and see what the fallout is for that guy. If he’s a marginal player, cut him. If he’s Josh Allen, sit back and let him get clowned by almost every segment of society. My workplace is probably 80/20 vax vs anti-vax people, and my boss is dealing with the anti-vaxxers by passing them over for assignments that require facetime with actual clients. It’s punitive, but elides the “mandatory” tag. 

5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I think the move is to let social pressure guide people’s hands here. If you mandate it, you get the howling cultural resistance, and it becomes an even bigger sh*tshow. Like @dbatesman is saying, let a dude not take the shot then miss a month midseason and see what the fallout is for that guy. If he’s a marginal player, cut him. If he’s Josh Allen, sit back and let him get clowned by almost every segment of society. My workplace is probably 80/20 vax vs anti-vax people, and my boss is dealing with the anti-vaxxers by passing them over for assignments that require facetime with actual clients. It’s punitive, but elides the “mandatory” tag. 

Professional athlete media protection overrides public pressure.  This is going to go back and forth for a while. Especially if the goalposts continue to get moved.

• Upvote 1
3 hours ago, Matt39 said:

Isn’t the vaccine the precaution? What is the League going to do with this?

This is pathetic. What a joke. People, including me, work each and everyday with or without some experimental jab. The pussification of our society is at an all time high.

• Upvote 1
8 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Professional athlete media protection overrides public pressure.  This is going to go back and forth for a while. Especially if the goalposts continue to get moved.

No doubt, but I think it will be super interesting to see what happens with the first NFL guy who comes down with COVID in a few months. You’d think he’d get dragged hardcore by an appreciable amount of media types for it

17 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

No doubt, but I think it will be super interesting to see what happens with the first NFL guy who comes down with COVID in a few months. You’d think he’d get dragged hardcore by an appreciable amount of media types for it

I wouldn’t hold your breath.

"COVID-19 remains a serious threat to our families and to our communities, and it makes no sense to us as players to put ourselves at risk during this dead period."

Dead period? Great choice of words, lol.

6 hours ago, Bungaman said:

Actually, this is true - I think they were the only team without a player or staff infection last season.

No surprise there.  This is a team that, no matter which side of the ball, can't catch anything.  

• Haha 1
3 hours ago, C Mart said:

"Hey, those guys ain't going to work.... so we're not going to work either!"

Standing Ovation Applause GIF by The Maury Show

"Let's just go to the movies and see Godzilla vs. King Kong with our free time!"

lol

If you're a player who makes most of his money during the season then there's not a lot of reason to accept the marginal risk of a disease that can be lethal or have long term effects that could be harmful to your career for little or no money and no consequence if you don't show up. None of the vaccines are guaranteed effective against any known variant so even vaccinated there is a slight risk with little to no benefit to the players to show up. 

• Upvote 1

Jets players join NFLers seeking virtual offseason over COVID-19 concerns

April 16, 2021 | 5:43pm | Upd

Jets players joined a parade of teams around the NFL on Friday, announcing that “many” of them will not attend in-person voluntary workouts due to concerns over COVID-19. 

The offseason workout program is scheduled to begin on Monday for NFL teams. The beginning of the program consists of virtual meetings and weightlifting sessions but no on-field activities. Those are not scheduled to begin until the second phase on May 17. That will be followed by in-person OTAs and a mandatory minicamp between May 24-June 18. 

The offseason program was all virtual last year and the NFLPA would like it to be the same this year. Teams, most likely led by coaches, would like to get back to having some in-person practices. This has led to a standoff in negotiations and to players from several teams issuing statements this week that some or all of them would not attend in-person voluntary workouts.

The Jets statement, issued through the NFLPA read in part: “Football is a labor of love for our men, who work year-round to stay in shape and prepare ourselves to perform at the highest level. Given that we are still in a pandemic and based on the facts provided to our membership by our union about the health and safety benefits of a virtual offseason, many of us will exercise our CBA right and not attend in-person voluntary workouts.” 

–– ADVERTISEMENT ––

The offseason may be particularly critical to the Jets, who have a new coach in Robert Saleh and a number of new players as GM Joe Douglas overturns the roster through free agency and the draft

The offseason may be particularly critical to the Jets, who have a new coach in Robert Saleh and a number of new players as GM Joe Douglas overturns the roster through free agency and the draft

With all the new moving parts the Jets will have again this year, I guess it will go like last year.  The OL won't know each others names until week 8.