Zach Wilsons local paper begs Jets not to draft him and insults Joe Namath

I can't blame them for taking this position. The Jet's suck at developing QB's. We will continue to read stuff like this until we prove otherwise.

Utah is a state with unmatched physical beauty, love skiing there.

• Upvote 3
  • Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

100% correct. Nothing we don't know.  Get something to let San Fran move up to draft him and draft Fields. This team isn't ready for this kid, get Fields, dude is built to brawl. 

Kind of want him out of spite now   We’ll ruin your QB and you’ll like it!

Yes let’s worry about a columnist from the Deseret News. He’s at the pinnacle of his profession for sure. 

Posted Images

6 hours ago, New York Mick said:

Rinse and repeat. They’ve been doing this for 50 years. I’d rather them draft Justin Fields. 

I know you would, and so would many others. I do hope that if Wilson is selected that you and the Fields camp will still support him. Both players have talent. I get that maybe Fields fits the mold some would prefer for their QB. It bothers me a bit to hear Wilson’s religion knocked or his looks. Let these young dudes play football. Whoever we get, it’s exciting. New year ahead. If we’re lucky, back to something resembling normalcy! 

Other articles from this Rag:

- What to buy your third wife on that special day!

- How Jesus taught the Aztecs to farm Maize!

- Joseph Smith's tips on finding and then losing golden plates in Upstate New York!

- Steve Young's tips on how to party in a dry county when you play football!

Deseret News can go suck a c__k. Zach Wilson, if that is JD's choice, will play for the Jets. 

LL

• Haha 1
19 hours ago, Latinlawyer said:

Other articles from this Rag:

- What to buy your third wife on that special day!

- How Jesus taught the Aztecs to farm Maize!

- Joseph Smith's tips on finding and then losing golden plates in Upstate New York!

- Steve Young's tips on how to party in a dry county when you play football!

Deseret News can go suck a c__k. Zach Wilson, if that is JD's choice, will play for the Jets. 

LL

"PMS Survival Tips for when the Brood is Mad Flowing".  

• Upvote 2
On 4/14/2021 at 9:17 AM, DJF71 said:

The prettiest state in the country.

Zion is the most beautiful place I’ve been to in America. So while this post is tongue in cheek, it’s not far off.

san darnold will be a top ten qb for the panthers-there should be no fields no wilson discussions-they are no better than Sam was coming out of college.
joe made a mistake lying to him about getting him weapons then saddling him with gase and a terrible roster-what QB could do well with a terrible coach no running game, no tight ends and bad wrs
the smart move would have been keep sam-trade the pick for a haul then load up on weapons-could have had at least two studs on offense to pair with Sam. I dont want to hear the Joe fan boys cry that you cant judge Joe the next 2-3 years because he has a new coach and a rookie QB.  
I am happy for Sam he will have a much better chance to succeed in carolina 

1. Sam is the 35th ranked quarterback in the NFL last season. He ain’t jumping to top 10

2. He isn’t a better prospect that Fields or Wilson and none of that matters because you have 3 years of NFL game film so his collegiate ranking means squat.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, mfmartin said:

1. Sam is the 35th ranked quarterback in the NFL last season. He ain’t jumping to top 10

2. He isn’t a better prospect that Fields or Wilson and none of that matters because you have 3 years of NFL game film so his collegiate ranking means squat.

he will be a top ten qb-he will be in a position to succeed for the first time in his career-it will be a duplicate of Ryan T 

you will see it is amazing what weapons can do for a qb which is why everybody but us surrounded their young gun qb with weapons-Sam had the worst offensive roster in the league to work with-then throw in the worst coach in the league... 

We even saw in New England what weapons mean-brady looked washed out his last two years throwing to hot garbage-he  goes to a team with weapons and right away back to be a superbowl winning qb-I am NOT saying Sam is Brady by any means  but I am saying is you need weapons to play well-Murray looked WAY better with Hopkins-Allen WAY bettter with Diggs and  Sam will look way better in his new surroundings-he actually has an elite rb now, a tight end that can actually catch and a nice wr core and I would argue an upgrade at coach and OC

On 4/13/2021 at 6:14 PM, Jetsbb said:

https://www.deseret.com/2021/4/13/22375628/new-york-jets-should-give-byu-quarterback-zach-wilson-a-break-nfl-draft

An open letter to the New York Jets:

Don’t do it. Don’t draft Zach Wilson. Give the kid a break; pick someone else. The Ohio State quarterback, for instance. Or whoever that guy is from North Dakota State.

When the Jets traded away Sam Darnold to the Panthers — thus, ending their latest quarterback fail — the New York Post ran a headline: “The Jets now belong to Zach Wilson.”

Thanks for nothing.

Former NFL wide receiver Brandon Marshall, who spent two seasons with the Jets, says Ohio State’s Justin Fields should be picked before Wilson.

He’s absolutely right.

Let Wilson fall to the 49ers with the third pick. Boy, will they be, ahem, sorry.

Look, the Jets are to quarterbacks what Larry King was to marriage. Look at their record.

They traded up to get the fifth pick of the 2009 draft and used it to select Mark Sanchez. He lasted four seasons before the team released him.

Sanchez was still on the roster when they made Geno Smith the 39th pick of the 2013 draft. He was the starter for all of two seasons and then got kicked to the curb.

They drafted Bryce Petty in the fourth round in 2015. He lasted three seasons and played in just 10 games. Done.

They made Darnold the third pick of the 2018 draft. He’s gone.

QBs drafted by New York Jets since 2006

James Morgan, 4th round, 2020

Sam Darnold, 1st round, 2018

Christian Hackenberg, 2nd round 2016

Bryce Petty, 4th round, 2015

Tajh Boyd, 6th round, 2014

Geno Smith, 2nd round, 2013

Greg McElroy, 7th round, 2011

Mark Sanchez, 1st round, 2009

Erik Ainge, 5th round, 2008

Kellen Clemens, 2nd round, 2006

Brad Smith, 4th round, 2006

The Jets have switched quarterbacks a dozen times the last five seasons. They tried journeymen Ryan Fitzpatrick and Josh McCown, who have played for 18 teams between them. They tried Luke Falk (the Logan native), Trevor Siemian and Joe Flacco.

In the last 15 years, the Jets have drafted 11 quarterbacks, four in the first two rounds. To quote Rooster Cogburn, “Well, that didn’t pan out.”

Meanwhile, the Packers have had two starting quarterbacks in 29 years. The Chiefs, Saints, Patriots, Falcons, Seahawks, Giants and Steelers, among other teams, also have had stability at the position.

It might surprise you to know that the Jets have had one winning season in the last decade. Who thought it was that many?

Do you realize that the Jets’ all-time leader in starts is still Joe Namath? Namath is the single-most overrated football player in history (look at his stats, just for fun), and he’s still the most successful player they’ve had at the position. That’s more than a half-century ago.

So much of a quarterback’s success depends on landing with the right team, even for the very best players. What if Matthew Stafford hadn’t spent the first 12 years of his career with the Detroit Lions? How different would Jim McMahon’s career have been if he hadn’t been saddled with the Bears, who haven’t had a great quarterback since, what, Sid Luckman (look him up, kids).

Steve Young got lucky. His career was going nowhere with Tampa Bay. Then Bill Walsh threw him a lifeline and brought him to San Francisco, where he was parked on the sideline for a few seasons. The best thing to happen to Brett Favre was getting traded from Atlanta to Green Bay.

AP20112599726955.jpg In this Tuesday, June 11, 2019, file photo, New York Jets general manager Joe Douglas greets reporters during a practice at the team’s NFL football training facility in Florham Park, N.J. Douglas has a big decision to make heading into the 2021 NFL draft: select many pundits’ darling, Zach Wilson, with the No. 2 overall pick, or look elsewhere. Seth Wenig, Associated Press

Players know this, of course. They know what teams are dead ends. John Elway was drafted by the Colts but refused to play for them and forced a trade to Denver. Eli Manning did the same thing when he was drafted by San Diego; he forced a trade to the Giants.

Quarterbacks are the most valuable commodity of every team and great effort is made to select the right one, but it remains a crapshoot. As noted by Pro Football Talk, of the 22 quarterbacks drafted in the first round between 2009 and 2016, not one is expected to be playing for his original team this season, if in the league at all. The draftees: Stafford, Sanchez, Josh Freeman, Sam Bradford, Tim Tebow, Cam Newton, Jake Locker, Blaine Gabbert, Christian Ponder, Andrew Luck, Robert Griffin III, Ryan Tannehill, Brandon Weeden, EJ Manuel, Blake Bortles, Johnny Manziel, Teddy Bridgewater, Jameis Winston, Marcus Mariota, Jared Goff, Carson Wentz,and Paxton Lynch.

Where will Wilson be in a few years? Much depends on being selected by a team in which quarterbacks thrive. History shows that isn’t the Jets.

What exactly is incorrect about what the author had to say? I think/hope Robert Saleh has a situation that's in stark contrast to any other the Jets have had. But do we know that for sure?

The point is, the Jets MUST change their ways. Because right now the NYJ are a QB burial ground.

On 4/13/2021 at 6:29 PM, Jetsbb said:

Jets were so worried about having to draft Fields if Zach failed his physical they were willing to spurn the 49ers and risk not getting anything for Darnold. Douglas said it was a clear  top 2 guys and they weren't willing to move Darnold for anyone else.

False narrative 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
he will be a top ten qb-he will be in a position to succeed for the first time in his career-it will be a duplicate of Ryan T 
you will see it is amazing what weapons can do for a qb which is why everybody but us surrounded their young gun qb with weapons-Sam had the worst offensive roster in the league to work with-then throw in the worst coach in the league... 
We even saw in New England what weapons mean-brady looked washed out his last two years throwing to hot garbage-he  goes to a team with weapons and right away back to be a superbowl winning qb-I am NOT saying Sam is Brady by any means  but I am saying is you need weapons to play well-Murray looked WAY better with Hopkins-Allen WAY bettter with Diggs and  Sam will look way better in his new surroundings-he actually has an elite rb now, a tight end that can actually catch and a nice wr core and I would argue an upgrade at coach and OC

I’d recommend looking at Tannehills Stats. Also Brady threw for 4300 and 4000 yards with 29 and 24 touchdowns. Darnold threw 9 touchdowns. 9!!! I wish he was as washed as Brady.