For those still wishing for Fields, get in here! We're going to his proday tomorrow again

2 minutes ago, Paradis said:

nice shot, but Kyle's been working him in summer camps for years. They know each other quite well. 

I bet you if the Jets traded with the 49ers they are walking away with Fields they are smart football people over there.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, football guy said:

I think we just have different definitions of what constitutes "misbehaving"

• I will not personally attack someone for having a different opinion than mine, i.e., you will not find me to be "the aggressor."  
  • I will refrain from using bigotry or offensive words to describe people in the midst of a discussion/disagreement... this is a gray area because people find certain things to be "offensive" (i.e. saying an idea is insane)... I use a lot of hyperbole when I write/speak, and the goal is not for them to be taken literally, rather, an expression of strong feelings on a subject.  
  • I will absolutely "troll" people with the use of memes or playful jabs... if people get offended by a meme that's within the rules so be it. 
  • If someone continues to try to get my attention by exploding my notifications I will give them that attention if I so desire, and I will likely make a snarky/sarcastic remark, none of which will "cross the line" 

Otherwise I think we're good. I don't hold grudges on the internet because I can't put a face to anyone. One day we may hate each other for having polar-opposite beliefs, the next we may be on the same page. Who cares. I acknowledge that I was a little over-the-top abrasive when I joined here, and knowing that clearly pissed a lot of people off, I've agreed to tone it down a bit. The goal is to be respectful, and when someone acts disrespectfully I will defend myself... most times that's not an issue, but for me the line gets crossed when people start accusing others to be terrorist racists for having a particular view on a prospect over another, or trying to accuse someone of being a fraud, and in those situations I will always forcefully fight back. I think "reporting" someone is the weakest tool in the shed, but in these cases probably the most useful. Otherwise everything's cool 

I suppose it’s cool because you actually take yourself seriously - despite having written this nonsense out.

• Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1

8 hours ago, johnnysd said:

See, I think the opposite. Wilson broke his hand tackling someone that was sort of a freak accident, and the shoulders were not football injuries but more wear and tear. Wilson does not seem to be injury prone in any way, he took a lot of big hits and was fine, and also knows how to slide which he will be heavily encouraged to do in the NFL.

But Fields will run a lot. History has shown that all of these guys sustain injuries are banged up and eventually slow down and become less effective. In my opinion we even started seeing this with Russell Wilson towards the end of the year and he protects himself as well as anyone. I also expect Lamar to be much less effective this year as well.

Just seems to be non-intuitve and contrary to history to think a running QB will be more durable than a pocket passer. Seems like no matter what, Wilson can not dodge the "small" concerns despite showing otherwise

I agree 100% with what you said.  However, just because Fields can run, does not make him a running QB..  Just look at the Buffalo QB.  He can run, but I look at him as a pass first QB.

If Fields turns out to be a running QB as you have indicated, like a Lamar or Russel Wilson, then I agree with your analysis.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Alka said:

I agree 100% with what you said.  However, just because Fields can run, does not make him a running QB..  Just look at the Buffalo QB.  He can run, but I look at him as a pass first QB.

If Fields turns out to be a running QB as you have indicated, like a Lamar or Russel Wilson, then I agree with your analysis.

Russel Wilson is a running qb? 

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Paradis said:

I just love the fit here, so much. This franchise needs a certain kind of profile/balls/personality that fits the post-Gase/Macc/Geno era need for a dramatic shake up

I just think he's the guy to do it. 

He very well could turn out to be better than Wilson but I don't think either one is worth turning down a huge draft haul for the #2 OA.

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Big_Slick said:

He very well could turn out to be better than Wilson but I don't think either one is worth turning down a huge draft haul for the #2 OA.

if the 9ers offer a haul to move to 2 from 3  ... you gotta take the deal.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

44 minutes ago, Big_Slick said:

JD's whole deal is building through the draft. If he doesn't hit on his picks then he's just another Idzak/ Macc GM and we start another five year rebuild.

I want a 75/25 success rate.

Thats every NFL Gas deal

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, bitonti said:

how is he at jumping out of pools

you focused in on Baker but Trubisky at 6'2" is a truer comparison 

he's the same height as Carr and Dalton those are also similar comps

my point is he's not an elite athlete, he's only just OK or "Good enough" by NFL standards

he's not running a 4.4 like Fields or doing anything else at a world class level 

Wilson didn't run or do any athletic drills at his pro day because he had a 'ham string'  (BS excuse).  I wish they had a combine this year, but Wilson still would have made an excuse and not participated.

6 hours ago, bitonti said:

how is he at jumping out of pools

you focused in on Baker but Trubisky at 6'2" is a truer comparison 

he's the same height as Carr and Dalton those are also similar comps

my point is he's not an elite athlete, he's only just OK or "Good enough" by NFL standards

he's not running a 4.4 like Fields or doing anything else at a world class level 

Hes the same hight as Rodgers and a whole slew of NFL QB of the past, Marino, Namath, Favre.

Yeah, he doesnt run a 40 that QBs rarely run and arent required to run.  But what he does at a world class level is throw a football.  You know what QBs need to do.

5 hours ago, UntouchableCrew said:

It's funny, my feeling through most of last season was that the Jets would end up with Fields (if not Lawrence) and I hated the idea of the Pats landing Wilson.

Now it looks clear the Jets are going to get Wilson and I need to sweat the Pats somehow getting Fields.

I'd make my day for belicheat* to waste his final 1st round pick on Fields.

It's hard not to like Fields watching him on all the specials. He checks all the boxes for a guy you'd be comfortable with taking at 2. I think Wilson is just so far and beyond Fields on the analytics that you can't pass Wilson up. If Lawrence wasn't in this draft Wilson would be going #1 overall, and you can't ignore that. Any other year I'd be stoked to get a prospect like Fields though; exciting to watch and likely to make an immediate impact. If SF passes on him for Jones they are nuts. 

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, football guy said:

Not meant to be a troll, but something I have honestly been thinking about: which fanbase will be more triggered when their respective team passes on Fields: #JetsTwitter (loud-minority) or #NinersFaithful 

The Niners fans seem pretty juiced about Fields with the video of a smiling Kyle at his workout today. They understand the logic of Mac Jones for Kyle Shanahan but just like fans here, they're on an emotional roller coaster ride since their team's trade. Mac Jones seems to a nightmare scenario for most of them. They're mostly hoping for  Fields, even preferring him to Wilson in the one 49'er fan poll I found.

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, Gangrene said:

The Niners fans seem pretty juiced about Fields with the video of a smiling Kyle at his workout today. They understand the logic of Mac Jones for Kyle Shanahan but just like fans here, they're on an emotional roller coaster ride since their team's trade. Mac Jones seems to a nightmare scenario for most of them. They're mostly hoping for  Fields, even preferring him to Wilson in the one 49'er fan poll I found.

Social media culture makes people so polarized/binary about these kinds of things, which results in the overly emotional/sensationalistic takes. Kyle Shanahan can be a fan of Justin Fields yet not prefer him as the type of QB to run his system. It doesn't have to be so toxic, but for whatever reason it is. God forbid someone suggests Fields won't be the pick and some fans (both Jets/49ers) act like you've... 

*flashes back to better times*

• Sympathy 1

43 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

Jerry Rice likes Justin Fields yea but what does he know about football...

I don't think anyone with a rational mindset doesn't like him. The question is where/what fit. What's best for his career and what system will get the most out of him? 

Best fit: up-tempo, vertically attacking "Air Perkins" (E-P philosophy meshed with Air Raid concepts) that implements RPO elements. 

Think Bill Belichick/Josh McDaniels. Think Chip Kelly. Think Brian Daboll. Those coaches operate offenses that are stylistic matches to Fields' game... they can maximize his abilities in the short-term while training him the nuances and responsibilities of the position he wasn't privy to in college so they can open up the offense long-term. If he lands in a scheme like that, he  could start sooner-than-later and should thrive. 

I do think he would fit in a read-option style offense the way Baltimore implements it in the short-term, but that wouldn't maximize his arm and pocket passing talent nearly enough long-term. I think teams who run west coast style offenses are having a really hard time figuring out how to extrapolate him into their systems because his tape does not show many examples of a player who will come in and do the things that those schemes require, not to mention how much they put on the QB pre-snap. It's not to say he can't develop into it, but where Zach Wilson, Trey Lance, Mac Jones already have experience running those style offenses and it shows on tape, Justin doesn't... the 3 others have learned how to ride a bike albeit with training wheels; with Justin, you're starting from scratch. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

On 4/13/2021 at 8:05 PM, JiF said:

You might want to put on a pair of diapers for this but I was just watching some draft thingy between the Mets games and Justin Fields and Kyle Pitts and Jayce Horn were all being featured and....did you put on diapers?...

Your boo sauce, Kyle Pitts said Justin Fields is the best QB in the draft.

Stopped reading after "the Mets"

Then I remembered the Yankees suck as does Cashman