For those still wishing for Fields, get in here! We're going to his proday tomorrow again

13 minutes ago, Biggs said:

Ridiculous assumption.  He took the ball from center and has  shown solid ability to climb up in the pocket and make great throws.   They won and he didn't turn the ball over.  

Darnold never took the ball from center and never really showed the abiltiy to consistently climb up the pocket and make solid foundational throws.  Zach can, has and will.  

You are 100% correct.

There are a lot of people here saying a lot of things that the film simply doesn't show - what you stated is inarguable, it's fact.

People are either making sh*t up or just watched highlights and using that as everything he does - and somehow using those highlights against him. 

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, bitonti said:

His accuracy numbers are OK not elite 

Fields is actually more accurate under pressure and intermediate and deep. Wilson is more accurate with short throws on the move 

End of the day it is not really about cfb accuracy numbers it's about durability.. Whoever sf drafts is going to have an easier time than whoever NYJ drafts. Same system, but one rookie is going to be running for his life 

His adjusted comp% is 80%... both Fields and Wilson have elite accuracy by every measure. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, legler82 said:

There are a lot of draft “experts” that are super high on Wilson that were down on Mahomes.  That’s ass backwards to me and very confusing. 

I dunno, that's a blanket statement. Chris Simms loved Patrick Mahomes and he loves Zach Wilson.

• Post of the Week 1

27 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

There are a lot of people here saying a lot of things that the film simply doesn't show - what you stated is inarguable, it's fact.

People are either making sh*t up or just watched highlights and using that as everything he does - and somehow using those highlights against him. 

23 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

They are.  He's the best QB prospect in the draft and they will take him.

16 minutes ago, kmnj said:

stop he is not a better prospect than Trevor and if the jets had number one they would not take wilson

14 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

He is and they would.

Kill Me Smh GIF

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Paradis said:

Ftr; this type of absolutism is what fuels friction. Obviously is the Vegas fav as they say and probably will be the pick. When you present as Ray Liotta like as this it incites argument. Maybe take the high road and chose different words 

Sorry, but I can't agree.

It's basically fact at this point.  Barring something non-football related the Jets will draft Zach Wilson.

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, QB1 said:

His adjusted comp% is 80%... both Fields and Wilson have elite accuracy by every measure. 

Yeah but fields has better accuracy and runs the 4.4

The Jets need cheap yards and Saleh knows 1st hand how hard that is to defend 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

It's basically fact at this point.  Barring something non-football related the Jets will draft Zach Wilson.

Basically you’re acting like my 18 year then. If they don’t for whatever reason... lol I will never let you live it down. Including mailing you cum rags for fun. 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

And you missed the point, like an 18 yr old. It’s not about you. It’s about not inciting friction on the board. Be better than that. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Paradis said:

And you missed the point, like an 18 yr old. It’s not about you. It’s about not inciting friction on the board. Be better than that. 

You made two different replies for this? Anyway, where is he causing friction. He just says he disagrees.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Please look in the mirror. The only one inciting friction is you by overreacting to people telling you something you don't like to hear and then insulting them. 

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, Tranquilo said:

I dunno, that's a blanket statement. Chris Simms loved Patrick Mahomes and he loves Zach Wilson.

27 minutes ago, legler82 said:

Simms is the only one folks can point to. 

Simms track record is simply too accurate to ignore.  Can he be wrong?  Of course but we can only hope his predictions will continue to be spot on.  Besides his correct Mahomes evaluation, here are the rest.

1. Lamar Jackson

2. Josh Allen

3. Baker Mayfield

4. Sam Darnold

5. Josh Rosen

1. Kyler Murray

2. Drew Lock

3. Dwayne Haskins

4. Ryan Finley

5. Jarrett Stidham

6. Daniel Jones

7. Clayton Thorson

8. Will Grier

1. Joe Burrow

2. Justin Herbert

3. Jordan Love

4. Tua Tagovailoa

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, QB1 said:

Please look in the mirror. The only one inciting friction is you by overreacting to people telling you something you don't like to hear and then insulting them. 

Lol what’s that popular expression the kids are saying, rent free? I think you’re paying me To hang around up there. You’re like a mosquito who follows me around waiting for Wilson post lol.

Tell you what DJ Junior, why don’t you walk me through your top five running backs of the class, and why you prefer them in the order that you do. Let’s see what you can contribute to a thread other than chafing

4 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Lol what’s that popular expression the kids are saying, rent free? I think you’re paying me To hang around up there. You’re like a mosquito who follows me around waiting for Wilson post lol.

Tell you what DJ Junior, why don’t you walk me through your top five running backs of the class, and why you prefer them in the order that you do. Let’s see what you can contribute to a thread other than chafing

Oh look you're doing it again. Attacking me because I  said something you don't want to hear. Then you will turn around and pretended to be the forum peace maker. The only RB I want in this draft is Trey Sermon. 

• Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Yeah but fields has better accuracy and runs the 4.4

The Jets need cheap yards and Saleh knows 1st hand how hard that is to defend 

“Cheap yards” is a good term for it.  Josh Allen kept BUF competitive early on with cheap yards as he developed.  3 and outs are back breakers for a defense.  I doubt either Fields or Wilson will be carving up defenses from the pocket early on.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, legler82 said:

I thought he was.

Not to put you on the spot, but can you elaborate why? I really loved him too... I saw all those Favre/Rodgers qualities but like them, I felt he would fail as a Jet if we drafted him... I saw him as a fit for teams with elite coaching staffs that could let him sit a year and learn. 

Also, where there any QBs that you absolutely loved that didn't pan out? Wouldn't you say that there's a chance that player didn't pan out because he landed with the wrong team (poor scheme fit, coaching turmoil, talent)?

15 minutes ago, rayzor said:

Simms track record is simply too accurate to ignore.  Can he be wrong?  Of course but we can only hope his predictions will continue to be spot on.  Besides his correct Mahomes evaluation, here are the rest.

1. Lamar Jackson

2. Josh Allen

3. Baker Mayfield

4. Sam Darnold

5. Josh Rosen

1. Kyler Murray

2. Drew Lock

3. Dwayne Haskins

4. Ryan Finley

5. Jarrett Stidham

6. Daniel Jones

7. Clayton Thorson

8. Will Grier

1. Joe Burrow

2. Justin Herbert

3. Jordan Love

4. Tua Tagovailoa

I give him credit that he’s not a lemming like most draft pundits but I trust my own evaluations.  I don’t need Simms to validate them.

• Upvote 2

25 minutes ago, Tranquilo said:

You made two different replies for this? Anyway, where is he causing friction. He just says he disagrees.

You must be new here. He's been pulling the same sh*t for the last three months in every.single.thread. This is the one thread he doesn't need to be in, yet here he is. And he was doing it even before the SF trade, and even before the Jets were the presumed favorite. All because of his absolutist takes on Zach. I don't even hate zach wilson, I hate the idea of him because of fidelio and his brethren. 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, QB1 said:

Oh look you're doing it again. Attacking me because I  said something you don't want to hear. Then you will turn around and pretended to be the forum peace maker. The only RB I want in this draft is Trey Sermon. 

I’m not attacking. I’m 40. Just because you say it doesn’t mean it’s true. You’re young and still developing some skills on how to have discourse. I don’t take it personally. 

I didn’t win the day by accident yesterday. We’re on all on the same team, literally.  Maybe look for the truth in my words from time to time, instead of blemishes. 

• Upvote 3

42 minutes ago, Paradis said:

You are correct and I get your point, but when I'm reading posts about how ZW is scrambling and making off platform throws was solely for selfish reasons to show off, when he could have stayed int the pocket - not panicking or making bad decision - but doing it on purpose to create a highlight reel  - and then seeing multiple people agree with that statement.

Talk about creating friction.  Me saying the Jets are taking Wilson (when the world pretty much knows they are) as opposed to claiming, basically as fact, that ZW is a selfish fool that made great plays to the detriment of his team in order to increase his draft status and/or ego...

Tell me, which of those is creating more friction?

And that is just one example - there are countless posts making ridiculous claims about ZW that are entirely unfounded yet stated as fact.

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, football guy said:

Not to put you on the spot, but can you elaborate why? I really loved him too... I saw all those Favre/Rodgers qualities but like them, I felt he would fail as a Jet if we drafted him... I saw him as a fit for teams with elite coaching staffs that could let him sit a year and learn. 

Also, where there any QBs that you absolutely loved that didn't pan out? Wouldn't you say that there's a chance that player didn't pan out because he landed with the wrong team (poor scheme fit, coaching turmoil, talent)?

Some QBs do fail because of their circumstances but I felt Mahomes was one of the rare ones incapable of that.  He could have failed to reach his ceiling but a flat out bust? I couldn’t see it.

We were running a version of the WCO.  He was ultimately drafted by the contemporary godfather of that offense.  So scheme fit was not an issue either despite many Jets fans’ claims. 

23BC2092-8FC1-4360-A0C9-15C31B1DD0DA.jpeg

0151D583-8DC1-47EF-B9D3-45CDD0954E91.jpeg

• Upvote 2