For those still wishing for Fields, get in here! We're going to his proday tomorrow again

11 minutes ago, JiF said:

No, like it seriously happened.  I'm watching the Mets, they're playing a double header and in between games, I flipped it over to another channel and Kyle Pitts said Justin Fields was the best QB in the draft.  

That’s great! Kyle Pitts is awesome, really good young dude and has a lot of learning to do as a 20 year old. But very much a bright spot for years to come

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

You complain about Fields people hijacking Wilson threads.....and then pull this?  In the only thread dedicated to Fields for miles?  On a post that was factually accurate, and not even a Fields vs. Wilson argument?  And you neg-repped it, to boot?  When you complained about neg reps in another thread as well?

D**k move.  Take your own advice, sometimes, maybe?

I’m just saying Justin Fields won’t be the Jets QB... I’m not refuting what may have happened at a Mets game

2 minutes ago, football guy said:

I’m just saying Justin Fields won’t be the Jets QB... I’m not refuting what may have happened at a Mets game

We got it, bud.  You love saying the same statement dozens of times, over and over again, for no reason.  There's not one thing to be gained from that.  No advancement of discussion. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

On the one hand, I accept that Wilson is the consensus pick at two and it’s a fait accompli that the Jets are taking him and we all have to accept that, but on the OTHER HAND, if Wilson is such a can’t-miss, won’t there be a pack of teams kicking in the door to try and get him? Atlanta needs a QB, Denver needs a QB, Carolina kinda needs a QB. Is Wilson is this elite talent, Douglas’ phone is going to be ringing non-stop up until the second Wilson signs his contract, no?

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

On the one hand, I accept that Lawrence is the consensus pick at one and it’s a fait accompli that the Jaguars are taking him and we all have to accept that, but on the OTHER HAND, if Lawrence is such a can’t-miss, won’t there be a pack of teams kicking in the door to try and get him? Atlanta needs a QB, Denver needs a QB, Carolina kinda needs a QB. Is Lawrence is this elite talent, Douglas’ phone is going to be ringing non-stop up until the second Lawrence signs his contract, no?

• Upvote 2

On the one hand, I accept that Wilson is the consensus pick at two and it’s a fait accompli that the Jets are taking him and we all have to accept that, but on the OTHER HAND, if Wilson is such a can’t-miss, won’t there be a pack of teams kicking in the door to try and get him? Atlanta needs a QB, Denver needs a QB, Carolina kinda needs a QB. Is Wilson is this elite talent, Douglas’ phone is going to be ringing non-stop up until the second Wilson signs his contract, no?

Under the same premise, why hasn’t anyone made an offer to JAX? 

Price is too steep, and that’s been the problem from day 1. Teams are trying to avoid the Herschel Walker/RGIII trade as it does more harm than good to a franchise with a rookie QB. SF gave up 3 1sts and a comp 3rd, which pretty much established the price tag for #2: 3 1sts and 2 2nd’s. 

Giving up 2+ 1st round picks isn’t part of Holmes’ (ATL) and Paton’s (DEN) DNA. Only team was always Carolina, and they bowed out. Douglas never made the pick officially available for a variety of reasons, hence why we are here. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 2

I see your point here, but Lawrence has been the lock #1 pick for three years. Wilson has been the presumed #2 pick for a couple of weeks.

A couple of weeks ago fields was being mocked to like the 15th pick. The woke movement has pressured the media into pumping him up again 

• Thumb Down 5
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Good point, though trading Sam all but seals the deal for needing to take a QB. 

But let's run with that for fun since i'm tired of jerking off to hairy broads today--

•  If Wilson is the next coming of god, then why didn't Joe's phone blow up. That was the word, he didn't get any meaningful calls. 
  • Why has NOTHING Joe done been telegraphed. No Becton, Mims, FAs last year, FAs this year (no one knew were going after Davis, or Cole or Lawson really)... but all of sudden EVERYONE knows we want wilson? 
  • Joe refuted Steve's claim that he was recruited Zach's family. So Steve was bullsh*tting on that
  • SF and Jones? I'll believe it when i see it.
  • Saleh is going tomorrow - i know it! lolol

I understand these are the musings of mad man. I've excreted all the man juice i have and this is what's left.

The only issue I have with any of this is that how should have traded down already and packaged Sam out much earlier if he wanted fields. 

2 minutes ago, undertow said:

Dream scenario is JD informed SF they were taking Fields which is why they traded up and gave up that haul....it would totally make fools of everyone. :)

i was afraid to say that cause ppl would know i've lost my mind. 

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Paradis said:

But let's run with that for fun since i'm tired of jerking off to hairy broads today--

•  If Wilson is the next coming of god, then why didn't Joe's phone blow up. That was the word, he didn't get any meaningful calls. 
  • Why has NOTHING Joe done been telegraphed. No Becton, Mims, FAs last year, FAs this year (no one knew were going after Davis, or Cole or Lawson really)... but all of sudden EVERYONE knows we want wilson? 
  • Joe refuted Steve's claim that he was recruited Zach's family. So Steve was bullsh*tting on that

I understand these are the musings of mad man. I've excreted all the man juice i have and this is what's left.

Maybe Saleh sees his old team potentially pining after Fields, and is trying to get in Douglas' ear on this one.

We can dream!

9 minutes ago, Paradis said:

If Joe was 100% locked in on Wilson, what earthly reason could they have for going to see Fields?

Maybe he's 98% locked in.  And that's fine if that's what he chooses to do.  

But if he knows SF is going Jones or Lance, and he thinks he can swing a deal with ATL, that's about the only play that I think makes sense.  We can't not land a QB.  Dropping past #4 puts that at serious risk. 

But if we can get something like #4, #35 and a 2022 1st, and still come away with Fields, that's interesting.  Would ATL do it?  I have no earthly idea, but the glorious scenario where so many people on this board will have to swallow their certainty is certainly appealing.  If ATL feels Wilson is the guy they have to have, they, like us, may never be in a better position to get that level prospect. 

It really comes down to how the Jets value Wilson vs. Fields, compared to how ATL values them.  If ATL has an enormous premium on Wilson that the Jets don't, there is a logical trade to be made.  That's value optimization (i.e. math) at work.  All of the shirt-tearing and chest-beating doesn't change math.

Now while that was fun, I still tend to think it will be Wilson, but I do NOT think it's 100% certain.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

24 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

**** it. I'm going for it.

Jets trade with Falcons to move down 2 spots. Get back this year's 1st and 2nd, and next two years 1sts. Falcons are going for it all with Ryan still capable of a few more years on a very team-unfriendly contract. They take Sewell to protect Ryan. 

9ers take Brigham Young reincarnate.

Jets take Fields and then follow it up with hitting on every premium pick over the next three years. Win games every January and a few Februarys for the next decade.

A guy can dream.

I’m just imagining Joe Douglas stopping by Woody’s office, “Chris...**** it, we’re going for it. I’m taking the haul!”.

That would be a trade for the ages. Good or bad, people will be talking about it. I’d take it for sure.

23 minutes ago, football guy said:

Under the same premise, why hasn’t anyone made an offer to JAX? 

Price is too steep, and that’s been the problem from day 1. Teams are trying to avoid the Herschel Walker/RGIII trade as it does more harm than good to a franchise with a rookie QB. SF gave up 3 1sts and a comp 3rd, which pretty much established the price tag for #2: 3 1sts and 2 2nd’s. 

Giving up 2+ 1st round picks isn’t part of Holmes’ (ATL) and Paton’s (DEN) DNA. Only team was always Carolina, and they bowed out. Douglas never made the pick officially available for a variety of reasons, hence why we are here. 

This isn’t the same premise. Like at all.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

IMO, Atlanta is going to stick with Matt Ryan because of his contract. They either trade down, take a tackle, or take Pitts. 

Even if the Jets wanted to trade out of 2, I just think it would be prohibitively expensive to move up to 2 from 8 or 9. And, at 8 or 9, it's not like you have a stacked roster. You are still a rebuilding, non-playoff team. So, tbh, giving up all of your assets to trade up to 2 doesn't make any sense.

Also, to your point, Wilson isn't a can't miss. But that also doesn't exist. 

• Upvote 1