For those still wishing for Fields, get in here! We're going to his proday tomorrow again

14 minutes ago, undertow said:

Dream scenario is JD informed SF they were taking Fields which is why they traded up and gave up that haul....it would totally make fools of everyone. :)

So this wonderfully smart, more competent organization SF 49ers gave up all that to get the QB that we’re passing on.  

I guess the question why the subterfuge?

2 minutes ago, JetFreak89 said:

So are the Niners not attending this? I stopped paying too much attention to fields given the evidence of us being tied to Wilson but didn’t the Niners also miss his 1st pro day to attend a different one? I think I remember reading that but not sure.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

They are. SF and NE were the 1st 2 confirmed teams

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

So this wonderfully smart, more competent organization SF 49ers gave up all that to get the QB that we’re passing on.  

I guess the question why the subterfuge?

Makes more sense to me they would give up those picks knowing Wilson would be there rather then Jones....they really aren't hiding anything there's just no leaks in both buildings. Anyway Jets are taking Wilson we all know this the post was tongue and cheek.

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, undertow said:

Dream scenario is JD informed SF they were taking Fields which is why they traded up and gave up that haul....it would totally make fools of everyone. :)

Which would be a monumentally stupid idea because then JD could have kept his mouth shut and worked out a trade so SF could move one spot up.  It doesn’t make sense.

That wouldn’t be a dream, it would mean our GM is a total dunce.

• Upvote 2
  • WTF? 1

30 minutes ago, undertow said:

SF wanted Wilson you might be onto something. 

Maybe JD and Saleh tipped SF  and thats why they  traded the haul to ensure they got Wilson. 

6 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Which would be a monumentally stupid idea because then JD could have kept his mouth shut and worked out a trade so SF could move one spot up.  It doesn’t make sense.

Anything is possible and stranger things have happened this is the NY Jets. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, joewilly12 said:

SF wanted Wilson you might be onto something. 

Once JD and Saleh tipped SF they traded the haul to ensure they got Wilson. 

Anything is possible and stranger things have happened this is the NY Jets. 

If that were really the case, QB is the last of our issues.

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

On the one hand, I accept that Wilson is the consensus pick at two and it’s a fait accompli that the Jets are taking him and we all have to accept that, but on the OTHER HAND, if Wilson is such a can’t-miss, won’t there be a pack of teams kicking in the door to try and get him? Atlanta needs a QB, Denver needs a QB, Carolina kinda needs a QB. Is Wilson is this elite talent, Douglas’ phone is going to be ringing non-stop up until the second Wilson signs his contract, no?

Don’t ask me, I got the tinnitus. 

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, undertow said:

This is actually the only way Fields could be selected by the Jets.........................Real long shot, but possible that the Jets and the 9'ers have been in a conspiracy all along.

If I was on the Fields train guess I'd go with it.  

• Upvote 1

Just now, The Crusher said:

Don’t ask me, I got the tinnitus. 

How haven’t these kids figured out a cure. 

You can’t tell me with all these billionaire tech wizards listening to ear buds for years they don’t hear the high pitched hum and can’t drop a milly or 3 to figure it out. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Morrissey said:

Why isn't Wilson having a 2nd pro day? Maybe he can run a 40, sure his hamstring has healed up by now.

Looks like all the other top QB prospects have had or are having a 2nd pro day.

Lance and Fields are having their 2nd pro days at the request of the 49ers because the 49ers GM and head coach weren't at their original pro day. Lynch was at Wilson's pro day.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, undertow said:

I know you're kidding, but I was hoping SF had some inside information that Jets were going Fields, which is why they gave up 3 first rounders for Zach Wilson (and not that loser Mac Jones).

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, RichardTodd27 said:

I know you're kidding, but I was hoping SF had some inside information that Jets were going Fields, which is why they gave up 3 first rounders for Zach Wilson (and not that loser Mac Jones).

Trading that amount of capital to trade up for Jones is a head scratcher.....I'll believe it when I see it.

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Looks like I need to step my game up in these parts.  My wife got me a t-shirt at Xmas that reads "Dad Joke loading.  Please wait."

And we don't have kids yet.

Maybe she's pregnant and is patiently waiting 4 months for you to notice and get the joke??? ?

I've got 2 young kids and my wife got me a shirt that says "Dad Jokes? More like Rad Jokes!"

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Jetsbb said:

Lance and Fields are having their 2nd pro days at the request of the 49ers because the 49ers GM and head coach weren't at their original pro day. Lynch was at Wilson's pro day.

That, and this time around, the 49ers will be able to request the kind of throws they want Fields and Lance to make. It won't be a re-hash of the scripted throws Fields did for John Beck at the first pro day. 

I am glad to hear that the Jets are going, as they should. It will be interesting to see if Saleh, in particular, is there as he missed the first one.

As a big Fields fan, this news did get me a little excited - although I am pretty certain this is just a "due diligence" type deal and that Wilson will be the pick at 2.

• Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, mrcoops said:

Although I am pretty certain this is just a "due diligence" type deal and that Wilson will be the pick at 2.

Fields should be the Jets selection purely on sturdiness 

Trevor and Zach might be better passers or whatever. The question is can anyone "normal" survive a 17 game season behind this line? 

Fields is flawed he's also a human tank that won't get knocked out of the game with huge hits. The most important ability in the NFL is availability. 

Fields should be the Jets selection purely on sturdiness 
Trevor and Zach might be better passers or whatever. The question is can anyone "normal" survive a 17 game season behind this line? 
Fields is flawed he's also a human tank that won't get knocked out of the game with huge hits. The most important ability in the NFL is availability. 
This just in... Justin Fields got I hired last year ... it's the excuse for his terrible last game.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using JetNation.com mobile app

i dont want fields personally, but ill be watching....the reality is as long as JD gets his guy nothing else matters to me. i think people who are asked to do a job should be given everything they need to do it...and then judged by that. so JD, u got rid of Sam, you got your guy (whever it is)...now lets see some wins or GTFO

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, undertow said:

8 hours ago, Mogglez said:

This has been something I’ve floated.

I can also see a draft day swap of 2 and 3, because JD didn’t want to go back out of the top 3. Meaning he had a target in mind - and he’s not a dunce, per se.

SF trades a haul for 3. Sits with it until the draft. Swap on the clock, we end up with Fields and a player Saleh values on D.

• Upvote 4

9 hours ago, football guy said:

Under the same premise, why hasn’t anyone made an offer to JAX? 

Price is too steep, and that’s been the problem from day 1. Teams are trying to avoid the Herschel Walker/RGIII trade as it does more harm than good to a franchise with a rookie QB. SF gave up 3 1sts and a comp 3rd, which pretty much established the price tag for #2: 3 1sts and 2 2nd’s. 

Giving up 2+ 1st round picks isn’t part of Holmes’ (ATL) and Paton’s (DEN) DNA. Only team was always Carolina, and they bowed out. Douglas never made the pick officially available for a variety of reasons, hence why we are here. 

the jets wouldn't trade Sam unless they were locked in, and all hurdles cleared. If i had to guess at this point everyone in the inner circle knows everything. Douglas just seems like the most calculated of all the calculated executives.

the opposite of lets say the 49ers where i believe lynch and shanahhan made a business decision to solve a football problem by trading all those picks for the "third best QB"