For those still wishing for Fields, get in here! We're going to his proday tomorrow again

• Replies 691
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I find it hilarious that off platform throws are now a requirement for top QBs.  In 2017 Mahomes’ off platform brilliance was labeled as “bad mechanics”.  Now we would “like to see a few more examples

Great source

La Canfora saying it’s not for sure Wilson is the pick at 2 is pretty much 100% confirmation that Wilson is for sure the pick at 2

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, bitonti said:

There are real numbers that prove Zach wilson is not as accurate as his reputation 

Fields more accurate in nearly all categories except 3/4 down accuracy but I've looked at wilson's numbers for his completions in 3rd and 4th down situations and they are a bit alarming, here are wilson's numbers from against the two best teams he faced this season

Vs Houston

3/4 downs 12

Pass attempts 8

Completions 1

Vs Costal Carolina

3/4 downs 10

Pass attempts 4

Completions 0

• Upvote 1
13 hours ago, DoubleDown said:

Taking Sewell, Chase, or Pitts at #3, then trading up into the 8-12 range for Fields would certainly be a ballsy move.

Ballsy indeed taking the Ninet’s pick.

Who do you take at 2?

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, k-met57 said:

the jets wouldn't trade Sam unless they were locked in, and all hurdles cleared. If i had to guess at this point everyone in the inner circle knows everything. Douglas just seems like the most calculated of all the calculated executives.

the opposite of lets say the 49ers where i believe lynch and shanahhan made a business decision to solve a football problem by trading all those picks for the "third best QB"

They're working to finalize their draft board this week/next, and the timing of them trading Sam was in part so that they can shift gears as an organization to the rest of the draft. The Jets sending people to OSU is nothing to look too deeply into; they will always be present at pro-days as Douglas and his front office staff are old-fashioned in that regard- they think there is real value in getting on the road, seeing people in person, getting face-time with other scouts/personnel around the league. It's immensely important for information gathering as well. 

I just don't know what the 49ers are doing tbh. If I were them I wouldn't take Jones, simply because I prefer taking special talents in round 1, and I don't view him as a special talent. They have the infrastructure in place to draft-and-develop a QB like Lance or Fields and on top of that, they have 2-years to do it if they so chose (Garoppolo under contract through 2022). All signs point to them selecting Mac Jones, which is going to make this draft a wild ride starting at 4. Lance is certainly a top 10 QB prospect IMO, and I'd say Fields is a top 12 guy. No doubt Mac Jones has what it takes to be good, and for all we know he can be the best of the bunch, but he's Andy Dalton. Like I get it, he turned out better than most of the guys in that draft class and I think he's better than he's given credit, but he got drafted where he was supposed to get drafted. Investing 3 1st round picks in a guy like that just seems off

• Upvote 3
12 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Particularly with our Guards.  Playing with bruised ribs is almost a mandated requirement for anyone we draft.

I'm honestly baffled how everyone can't understand this. We need a War horse, not one of those padded or built up horses. 

2 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

I'm honestly baffled how everyone can't understand this. We need a War horse, not one of those padded or built up horses. 

Announcing your official 2021 NY Jets Zach Wilson jersey

Leather Armour with shoulders - Mercenary - Colour: Green Green | Leather  armor, Leather, Armour

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1
Just now, nycdan said:

Announcing your official 2021 NY Jets Zach Wilson jersey

Leather Armour with shoulders - Mercenary - Colour: Green Green | Leather  armor, Leather, Armour

Just to be clear, its cool to sh*t on Wilson but when anyone dares say anything negative about Fields we are trolling/attacking posters. Got it, just want to make sure I understand the rules of this place. I appreciate it. 

• Upvote 1
18 minutes ago, nycdan said:

But when you factor in team strength, opponent strength, weather, and the price of pork bellies on each game day, it's clear that Wilson is 57.2% better than Fields in every category.  

Oh and did I forget to mention his explosion index?  After factoring in Saturday night diet, that's a huge plus for Wilson as well.  His dad said so.

Don't get me wrong.  I don't dislike Wilson as a prospect, but some of the rhetoric here defending him and bashing Fields is so completely off the rails...

I not sure if you are agreeing with me that fields is as good a prospect as Wilson but you did remind me to buy pork belly for the dinner, thanks😛

• Haha 1
6 minutes ago, football guy said:

They're working to finalize their draft board this week/next, and the timing of them trading Sam was in part so that they can shift gears as an organization to the rest of the draft. The Jets sending people to OSU is nothing to look too deeply into; they will always be present at pro-days as Douglas and his front office staff are old-fashioned in that regard- they think there is real value in getting on the road, seeing people in person, getting face-time with other scouts/personnel around the league. It's immensely important for information gathering as well. 

I just don't know what the 49ers are doing tbh. If I were them I wouldn't take Jones, simply because I prefer taking special talents in round 1, and I don't view him as a special talent. They have the infrastructure in place to draft-and-develop a QB like Lance or Fields and on top of that, they have 2-years to do it if they so chose (Garoppolo under contract through 2022). All signs point to them selecting Mac Jones, which is going to make this draft a wild ride starting at 4. Lance is certainly a top 10 QB prospect IMO, and I'd say Fields is a top 12 guy. No doubt Mac Jones has what it takes to be good, and for all we know he can be the best of the bunch, but he's Andy Dalton. Like I get it, he turned out better than most of the guys in that draft class and I think he's better than he's given credit, but he got drafted where he was supposed to get drafted. Investing 3 1st round picks in a guy like that just seems off

I respect your input but if this is true, it still makes no sense (unless they are going to see another player).  The draft is all about game theory, and if there is 0% chance you are going to draft a guy, it makes no sense to waste time and resources going to see him.  These guys shouldn't have a day to waste in this manner if they are certain about their pick.  Everything Douglas has said until now has said his phone is open at all times.  Maybe all they are doing is telegraphing that they would entertain a call for #2, but if they are doing that much, then they would logically be open to a discussion.

Doesn't mean Wilson isn't their preferred guy, but #4, #35 (or whatever) and a 2022 1st or 2nd might be more valuable to Douglas, particularly if Saleh actually prefers another guy.  

No inside info here.  But a very sound grasp of game theory and reading into what the players are doing.

Again...if the Jets were 100% certain they were taking Wilson, then this trip makes no sense at all.  Not pointing at you here, but fans on this board being 100% certain don't actually factor in.  Not even if they are 110% certain.

Just now, Jackie Treehorn said:

I have tried to Google but the world is retarded, I’m not at fault, where can I watch this historic event and when does it take place. 

probably NFL network 

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, QB1 said:

Just to be clear, its cool to sh*t on Wilson but when anyone dares say anything negative about Fields we are trolling/attacking posters. Got it, just want to make sure I understand the rules of this place. I appreciate it. 

The Fields crowd is rife with double standards

Zach Wilson is injury prone but Fields showed he was a warrior but playing hurt....umm for an injury. Let's also ignore that Wilson played with a broken hand but he's just soft.

Zach Wilson shouldn't be drafted because he had labrum suregery...Lawrence gets surgery, no big deal just his non throwing shoulder.

Wilson was helped by easy schedule, but Fields is given a complete pass for having way better weapons and a better team than all but 1 team that played...the "competition" thing cuts both ways it creates uncertainty both for smaller school guys and for the major dominant schools.

Wilson is tiny...nevermind he measured average NFL size for a QB and basically same size as Rodgers and Mahomes, weighs the same as Lawrence who is 4' taller and has bigger hands than both Rodgers and Mahomes.

No issue with people preferring Fields. I do not see it but it's not like I am a QB guru evaluator (nor is anyone else here, nor even in the NFL really) but I am not sure why both sides have to say the other guy sucks rather than both are good.

I think Fields and Wilson are both likely to be successful NFL QBs

• Upvote 4
5 minutes ago, freestater said:

I miss Stuart Scott.

I miss him too!  Crazy that I still think about him from time to time.  "Cool as the other side of the pillow".

• Upvote 2
1 minute ago, johnnysd said:

The Fields crowd is rife with double standards

Zach Wilson is injury prone but Fields showed he was a warrior but playing hurt....umm for an injury. Let's also ignore that Wilson played with a broken hand but he's just soft.

Zach Wilson shouldn't be drafted because he had labrum suregery...Lawrence gets surgery, no big deal just his non throwing shoulder.

Wilson was helped by easy schedule, but Fields is given a complete pass for having way better weapons and a better team than all but 1 team that played...the "competition" thing cuts both ways it creates uncertainty both for smaller school guys and for the major dominant schools.

Wilson is tiny...nevermind he measured average NFL size for a QB and basically same size as Rodgers and Mahomes, weighs the same as Lawrence who is 4' taller and has bigger hands than both Rodgers and Mahomes.

No issue with people preferring Fields. I do not see it but it's not like I am a QB guru evaluator (nor is anyone else here, nor even in the NFL really) but I am not sure why both sides have to say the other guy sucks rather than both are good.

I think Fields and Wilson are both likely to be successful NFL QBs

I am in the category of wanting to draft Fields.  I am no Quarterback guru by any means, and I was a Darnold fan coming out of college, so there is that.

But Fields can make all of the throws, can run with the football, is intelligent and durable.  He also had a high level of competition.

I like Wilson, and I admire his ability to throw off of different platforms, and his ability to move outside the picket and throw with accuracy.

I believe that Fields will be a more successful QB than Wilson, because I just don't see Wilson staying healthy for 16 games.  

If we pick Wilson, I hope I am proven wrong.  If we pick Fields, I will be relieved.

• Upvote 3
1 hour ago, nycdan said:

Particularly with our Guards.  Playing with bruised ribs is almost a mandated requirement for anyone we draft.

the Jets lead the league in QB flak jacket technology 

24 minutes ago, Alka said:

I believe that Fields will be a more successful QB than Wilson, because I just don't see Wilson staying healthy for 16 games.  

If we pick Wilson, I hope I am proven wrong.  If we pick Fields, I will be relieved.

agree with everything you said 

and it's 17 games now

• Upvote 2
1 hour ago, bitonti said:

If I'm reading this chart correctly, only on short 0-10 passes is wilson better than fields 

Fields is more accurate intermediate and deep and 20 percent more accurate under pressure 

Come on man, we have been over this a gazillion times. These are all "first read" passes for Fields.

• Haha 1
Just now, sourceworx said:

Something in my gut tells me we're taking Fields. Not sure what it is.

I don't believe all of the insider talk about how the Jets are locked in on Wilson. Since JD has come on, the insiders have been wrong about pretty much every prediction they've made on the Jets.

For the record, I'd be happy with either player. They're both good prospects.

You’re right about the “insiders”, the vast majority, if not all of them don’t actually know anything and are just speculating. Once someone “reports” something the rest run with it.   I’d say very little people know what JD and his small circle of staff are thinking.   

• Upvote 2
1 hour ago, bitonti said:

Yeah he showed up and played with broken ribs 

That's more like life in the afc east than anything wilsons ever done 

My point being that he is just as likely to get injured. If not moreso because of his play style.

Edited by Dunnie
13 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

Something in my gut tells me we're taking Fields. Not sure what it is.

I don't believe all of the insider talk about how the Jets are locked in on Wilson. Since JD has come on, the insiders have been wrong about pretty much every prediction they've made on the Jets.

For the record, I'd be happy with either player. They're both good prospects.

Fields would be a very NYJ pick. This franchise has a scouting bias toward "the" Ohio State university for many years for better (Mangold) or worse (Gholston, the boar hunter). JD changed the way they grade but has kept many of the same scouts they've always had. 

Fields is not a Dwayne Haskins the dude got into Harvard and Yale. 

Saleh reportedly wanted to run it back with Darnold. Now Saleh reportedly likes Fields more than Wilson.  

if the "SF knows what NYJ is doing" rumor is true (and they share so many coaches, why not) then their trade up to 3 knowing Zach Wilson is going to be there makes way more sense than this Mac Jones business. 

and if all the above is just imagination, NYJ takes Zach Wilson, SF takes Fields, and that works for them too 

there's a model for Fields in the SFO Shanny WCO offense and it's Super Bowl appearance Colin Kaepernick 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1