For those still wishing for Fields, get in here! We're going to his proday tomorrow again

57 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

lol wut?

Responses like this ARE weak, and constant with you. ”I’m going to act right, except when I’m not.”

If you’re going to build permission for you to misbehave into your promises to behave, then stop acting like the victim every time you get made to look foolish.

Which is every time, for the record.

I think we just have different definitions of what constitutes "misbehaving"

• I will not personally attack someone for having a different opinion than mine, i.e., you will not find me to be "the aggressor."  
  • I will refrain from using bigotry or offensive words to describe people in the midst of a discussion/disagreement... this is a gray area because people find certain things to be "offensive" (i.e. saying an idea is insane)... I use a lot of hyperbole when I write/speak, and the goal is not for them to be taken literally, rather, an expression of strong feelings on a subject.  
  • I will absolutely "troll" people with the use of memes or playful jabs... if people get offended by a meme that's within the rules so be it. 
  • If someone continues to try to get my attention by exploding my notifications I will give them that attention if I so desire, and I will likely make a snarky/sarcastic remark, none of which will "cross the line" 

Otherwise I think we're good. I don't hold grudges on the internet because I can't put a face to anyone. One day we may hate each other for having polar-opposite beliefs, the next we may be on the same page. Who cares. I acknowledge that I was a little over-the-top abrasive when I joined here, and knowing that clearly pissed a lot of people off, I've agreed to tone it down a bit. The goal is to be respectful, and when someone acts disrespectfully I will defend myself... most times that's not an issue, but for me the line gets crossed when people start accusing others to be terrorist racists for having a particular view on a prospect over another, or trying to accuse someone of being a fraud, and in those situations I will always forcefully fight back. I think "reporting" someone is the weakest tool in the shed, but in these cases probably the most useful. Otherwise everything's cool 

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 3

7 hours ago, The Crusher said:

Yes, but I think everyone wants to see Fields make it to New England. By everyone I mean the NFL Illuminati @HessStation

It's funny, my feeling through most of last season was that the Jets would end up with Fields (if not Lawrence) and I hated the idea of the Pats landing Wilson.

Now it looks clear the Jets are going to get Wilson and I need to sweat the Pats somehow getting Fields.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

18 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

It's funny, my feeling through most of last season was that the Jets would end up with Fields (if not Lawrence) and I hated the idea of the Pats landing Wilson.

Now it looks clear the Jets are going to get Wilson and I need to sweat the Pats somehow getting Fields.

I think Belichick trades for Jimmy G and drafts Parsons

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Actually Wilson would be the perfect fit for the Pats and their lineman allowed to hold until people get open. That’s his jam! 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, QB1 said:

Just to be clear, its cool to sh*t on Wilson but when anyone dares say anything negative about Fields we are trolling/attacking posters. Got it, just want to make sure I understand the rules of this place. I appreciate it. 

I think that was a shot at the OL. 

Reach much? 

2 minutes ago, legler82 said:

Have we gotten a narrative that makes sense as to why the Jets are at Fields 2nd pro day when they’ve already decided on Wilson?  Jacksonville is not there.

Likely just “due diligence.” Hypothetically if niners absolutely love Wilson maybe JD can squeeze a pick or 2 out of them to go to 3 and get Fields while niners get Wilson at 2.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, legler82 said:

Have we gotten a narrative that makes sense as to why the Jets are at Fields 2nd pro day when they’ve already decided on Wilson?  Jacksonville is not there.

I know the jets had personnel there today but has there been confirmation of who they were yet?

If salah was there fair enough but makes no sense for Joe or leflour to go and see him throw again......unless!

6 minutes ago, legler82 said:

Maybe they are there to see Shaun Wade, who is also working out.

(I hope not, because I really don't rate him). 

11 minutes ago, legler82 said:

Lots of reasons.  It's due dilligence just in case something happens with Zach. Also it allows Saleh to essentially scout him in case we wnd up playing him next year. Sometimes QBs fail and he may become available down the road. From what I hear it was almost a private workout for 49ers though.

I klinda wish Zach would do a second one and do all the drills just to have them in his record.

2 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Lots of reasons.  It's due dilligence just in case something happens with Zach. Also it allows Saleh to essentially scout him in case we wnd up playing him next year. Sometimes QBs fail and he may become available down the road. From what I hear it was almost a private workout for 49ers though.

I klinda wish Zach would do a second one and do all the drills just to have them in his record.

Why is Urban Meyer not doing the rounds of these pro days then? As far as I'm aware he did not even attend Wilson's pro day. I'm aware they are picking Trevor but surely he'd be doing his due diligence also.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, adobolo2 said:

Why is Urban Meyer not doing the rounds of these pro days then? As far as I'm aware he did not even attend Wilson's pro day. I'm aware they are picking Trevor but surely he'd be doing his due diligence also.

Can only send 3 people. You can read into what you want. In a normal year the Jets would have done a private workout anywayu

24 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

It’s a bit more than due diligence when they’ve already seen him throw before don’t you think? 

6 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

I dont actually. It is an opportunity for free info on a future starting QB in the NFL

Until we know who actually attended from the jets you could be 100% correct as it might have been just our pro scouting department that were there. But If Joe Robert and leflour/Hymie were at the pro day then I would say Fields is still in the mix at #2 no matter how slim a chance it is.

52 minutes ago, Barkus said:

Likely just “due diligence.” Hypothetically if niners absolutely love Wilson maybe JD can squeeze a pick or 2 out of them to go to 3 and get Fields while niners get Wilson at 2.

I think it’s even less about a trade down than it is about something strange happening pre-draft.

Wilson or TL get arrested, get severely injured etc.  Just like they have these guys on the phone just before they draft them.  I mean, why not have someone there?

moreover, there could be countless other reason the Jets want to meet with other senior execs in person.  Trade options, inside information etc.  

• Upvote 1