Push your chips to the center of the table and guarantee one player (not a QB) that the Jets will draft!

Who is the one player you have the most confidence that the Jets will find a way to Draft?  Either because you're reading the tea leaves, you see that the Jets have maximized their pre-Draft "visits" with the player, maybe you trust Tony Pauline's hunches or those of @football guy... whatever the reason, pick one player (Not a QB like Wilson, etc.  That's too easy) that you feel pretty confident the Jets will find a way to land!

• Upvote 1

Usually by this time every other year we have a good idea of who the Jets have visited, brought it for workouts etc.. i dunno where all that info is... lost in zoom-land? 

JD has proven himself to be incognito as far as I'm concerned... no idea who he's going to pull the trigger on. My best guess is a TE. lol... i mean it. We haven't done much and i think there's a good chance we make a run at T. Tremble or Z Davidson.

Fck it - I'll say Zach Davidson. We showed up at the pro day with our serious hats on. 

• Upvote 4

31 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Usually by this time every other year we have a good idea of who the Jets have visited, brought it for workouts etc.. i dunno where all that info is... lost in zoom-land? 

JD has proven himself to icognito as far as i'm concerned... not idea who he's going to pull the trigger on. My best guess is a TE. lol... i mean it. We haven't done much and i think there's a good chance we make a run at T. Tremble or Z Davidson.

Fck it - I'll say Zach Davidson. We showed up at the pro day with our serious hats on. 

I think they would prefer tremble because he fits that Hback need right now, but I am unsure they'll be able to get him, so I can see them pivoting to Davidson which obviously I wouldn't complain about. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Cbucco19 said:

@football guy one of the thirds for tremble Prob ?

I have him as high as 48 and as low as 86 in my notes. I think if he was a slightly more refined as a pass catcher he'd be a lock in round 2 given his athleticism and terrific blocking - teams put such a high premium on guys who aggressively seek contact and that's Tremble - but since he's still so raw in that department it's hard to project who would take him and where. Once you get to the late 3rd/4th round teams are more willing to extrapolate prospects... they will say "well he was used as an H-back in college and was buried on the best depth chart in college football... we think he can be a full-time edge blocker with some upside as a pass-catcher." On the flip-side, there's less need to extrapolate for a team like the Jets; you employ a lot of I-formation as it is, so you draft him knowing you can plug him in as an H-back/TE and ask him to block, but will also be a mismatch as a receiver given his sheer talent alone.... Maybe he develops into the ultimate version of Jordan Reed - a flex TE who can block and line up as both a receiver or blocker from the backfield - but whatever he gives you there is gravy. The question really boils down to how much do they value that HB role.

They were willing to give Kyle Juszczyk somewhere in the neighborhood of $6 million APY... that tells me they value a guy with that kind of skill-set. Another thing we discussed/compared the Tremble situation to the Packers taking Josiah Deguara at #94 last year... Matt LaFleur was the guy who pounded the table for Deguara for a lot of the same reasons: versatile HB/TE with athletic upside. Deguara was an impact blocker in week 1 before getting hurt and eventually missing the season, but everyone there seems high on him. I'm not saying that Mike LaFleur loves a certain style player because his brother did too, but stylistically, they see players in very similar ways. When I saw the Jets sign Davis + Cole to pair with Mims was that they were looking to build an offense more similar to Matt LaFleur's GB variation of the offense, which to me was a signal that they were going with Wilson... people close to the team refuted, nevertheless I posted my breakdown on here. When you factor it all together between the multiple meetings, the people in the FO giving me the heads up, the fit... I feel confident that he's a guy the Jets are going to select if they can. 

Maybe the Jets are hoping to take him in the later 3rd but someone takes him earlier. I don't know. That's why I still have a wide range on him. I can see the Jets trading down and taking him at 48, I can see the Jets moving up from 66 and taking him at the end of round 2, I can see them staying put and selecting him at 66/86. Not sure. I'm just confident they'll grab him somewhere. 

14 minutes ago, Chrebetfan80 said:

I think they would prefer tremble because he fits that Hback need right now, but I am unsure they'll be able to get him, so I can see them pivoting to Davidson which obviously I wouldn't complain about. 

Agreed, I’m just not sure we’ll get him. He’s the kind of prospect like Hurd, who a team could fall in love and take sooner than later

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Paradis said:

JD has proven himself to be incognito as far as I'm concerned... no idea who he's going to pull the trigger on. My best guess is a TE. lol... i mean it. We haven't done much and i think there's a good chance we make a run at T. Tremble or Z Davidson.

I'd be psyched. I hadn't heard of Zach Davidson until you pointed him out, but I was very impressed watching him just separate. I'm not totally jazzed about this TE class otherwise so it's nice to see another target pop up at a critical position for us.

3 minutes ago, Jets Voice of Reason said:

I'd be psyched. I hadn't heard of Zach Davidson until you pointed him out, but I was very impressed watching him just separate. I'm not totally jazzed about this TE class otherwise so it's nice to see another target pop up at a critical position for us.

Yea, i know. I've warmed a little to it, but it's still awfully underwhelming. It's Pitts and Freiermuth, then Tremble who's mileage will vary depending on scheme (great fit here), and then a canyon of nothing. Davidson is there for day 3, as is the Ole Miss kid i guess. 

I wouldn't touch Brevin Jordan. 

5 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Not a sexy pick but I think they'll be excited about Drew Dalman - zone blocking C/G from Stanford. He's a developmental guy that needs an NFL conditioning and diet to bulk up, but a strong zone blocking interior o-lineman. A day 3 pick.

I was gonna guess Menet from PSU for the zone fit. We can’t use round 1-3 for OL, not in a class that actually has solid center depth and scheme fit later.

5 hours ago, football guy said:

I have a strong feeling they find a way to land Tommy Tremble. I don't know where or when, but he and Ronnie Perkins are the two that keep coming up. 

I really like the Teven Jenkins-at-#23 match as well (Pauline's take), but I wonder whether he'll even be there. The Jets really want to address the EDGE and OL in this draft. 

I kind of scoffed at it when @Paradis mentioned it a few weeks ago, but Rondale Moore is more realistic than I thought he'd be. I don't believe it would be in the top 34, but somewhere in the 51-66. Coaches are really high on him. Douglas is collaborative so at some point he's going to grab someone who maybe the scouts weren't as high on, but the coaches are, and it wouldn't shock me if that guy was Moore. Jets were high on Kadarius Toney as well, but he's probably a top 40 pick. 

It’s a moderately different skill set than those guys but I think Marquez Stevenson fits at WR day 3. This year’s kind of Bryce Hall pick.

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, football guy said:

I have a strong feeling they find a way to land Tommy Tremble. I don't know where or when, but he and Ronnie Perkins are the two that keep coming up. 

I really like the Teven Jenkins-at-#23 match as well (Pauline's take), but I wonder whether he'll even be there. The Jets really want to address the EDGE and OL in this draft. 

I kind of scoffed at it when @Paradis mentioned it a few weeks ago, but Rondale Moore is more realistic than I thought he'd be. I don't believe it would be in the top 34, but somewhere in the 51-66. Coaches are really high on him. Douglas is collaborative so at some point he's going to grab someone who maybe the scouts weren't as high on, but the coaches are, and it wouldn't shock me if that guy was Moore. Jets were high on Kadarius Toney as well, but he's probably a top 40 pick. 

Love the above. 

I feel like Douglas is a guy that will be drafting offensive and defensive lines high every year. 

Obviously the Jets are into Ronnie Perkins. Pair that together with the fact that we need a DE to go along with Douglas desire to draft a D lineman screams theres a very high chance hes the pick at 34 right?

My issue is Perkins is ranked below guys like Creed Humprey and Rondale Moore among several other names. 

You think the Jets would pass on guys like Humprey, Moore, Tooney for Perkins just bc hes a De(Premium Position)? Does Perkins really have that kind of upside?

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, Shockwave said:

Love the above. 

I feel like Douglas is a guy that will be drafting offensive and defensive lines high every year. 

Obviously the Jets are into Ronnie Perkins. Pair that together with the fact that we need a DE to go along with Douglas desire to draft a D lineman screams theres a very high chance hes the pick at 34 right?

My issue is Perkins is ranked below guys like Creed Humprey and Rondale Moore among several other names. 

You think the Jets would pass on guys like Humprey, Moore, Tooney for Perkins just bc hes a De(Premium Position)? Does Perkins really have that kind of upside?

Again I want to preface that I’m not sure what range they anticipate placing these guys on the board, but their names that have been mentioned. 

For instance, I know they didn’t have a top 50 grade on Rondale Moore earlier in the process. The comp I got was KJ Hamler, who Gase wanted last year but scouts/personnel staff were not as high on him... back then they said that you like a guy like they in a vacuum, but you can only bank on him to play 12 games per year if you’re lucky. Moore is better/stronger, but a lot of similarities... Naturally KJ got hurt last year, so I’m willing to bet there’s some confirmation bias among the scouts. The coaches getting involved have changed the high level view a bit because they love him, but would that push him into a top 40 player? I don’t think so. Where they ultimately have him I’m unsure, but traditionally speaking, a coach’s view on a prospect is not going to boost a player so much that he goes from a late 2nd to a late 1st (unless it’s Rex Ryan-Mike Tannenbaum). 

Back to Perkins: I can see him anywhere from 23 to 86. I know that’s a crazy range but unfortunately I’m not privy to their grade on him and there’s a lot of factors (off-the-field, athletic profile, projection)... I do know they’ve had several meetings with him, and heard Zach Truty loves him... Truty has been there pre-Douglas, but has seen his star rise and was the guy who first put Mims on the radar, so I feel like his voice is respected. Should be able to find out more after this week when they complete the board

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, football guy said:

Again I want to preface that I’m not sure what range they anticipate placing these guys on the board, but their names that have been mentioned. 

For instance, I know they didn’t have a top 50 grade on Rondale Moore earlier in the process. The comp I got was KJ Hamler, who Gase wanted last year but scouts/personnel staff were not as high on him... back then they said that you like a guy like they in a vacuum, but you can only bank on him to play 12 games per year if you’re lucky. Moore is better/stronger, but a lot of similarities... Naturally KJ got hurt last year, so I’m willing to bet there’s some confirmation bias among the scouts. The coaches getting involved have changed the high level view a bit because they love him, but would that push him into a top 40 player? I don’t think so. Where they ultimately have him I’m unsure, but traditionally speaking, a coach’s view on a prospect is not going to boost a player so much that he goes from a late 2nd to a late 1st (unless it’s Rex Ryan-Mike Tannenbaum). 

Back to Perkins: I can see him anywhere from 23 to 86. I know that’s a crazy range but unfortunately I’m not privy to their grade on him and there’s a lot of factors (off-the-field, athletic profile, projection)... I do know they’ve had several meetings with him, and heard Zach Truty loves him... Truty has been there pre-Douglas, but has seen his star rise and was the guy who first put Mims on the radar, so I feel like his voice is respected. Should be able to find out more after this week when they complete the board

Not specific to you personally in any way, but...shouldn’t someone who would be able to and might post information about the team’s draft board on a forum not have access to any information about the team’s board? This place isn’t mainstream by any stretch but it’s not that obscure and obviously the team is pretty tight lipped about stuff like FA. If you’re getting fed stuff that person should probably...not have access to the stuff they’re passing along to you.

Info about the meetings and stuff I could see coming from the agent side so that makes sense.

Also wasn’t Perkins’ athletic profile rather pedestrian?

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, derp said:

Not specific to you personally in any way, but...shouldn’t someone who would be able to and might post information about the team’s draft board on a forum not have access to any information about the team’s board? This place isn’t mainstream by any stretch but it’s not that obscure and obviously the team is pretty tight lipped about stuff like FA. If you’re getting fed stuff that person should probably...not have access to the stuff they’re passing along to you.

Info about the meetings and stuff I could see coming from the agent side so that makes sense.

Also wasn’t Perkins’ athletic profile rather pedestrian?

I don't get access to the draft board. I get some stuff about where they have specific players. Unfortunately I’m not talking to Jets decision-makers directly, it’s football/personnel operations and coaching assistants in the organization, agents/reps outside... the ops team coordinate the meetings, communicate with agents, track dialogue, compartmentalize info from all internal teams, and play a part in actually making the draft board... basically project management roles. I don't think they feel they're giving away trade secrets; a lot of the teams share info on players as it is. It's "part of the industry." And honestly, I don't think they would ever believe in 1000 years that I'm on a message board. That's not to stigma message boards, but I just don't have that kind of personality

6 minutes ago, football guy said:

I don't get access to the draft board. I get some stuff about where they have specific players. Unfortunately I’m not talking to Jets decision-makers directly, it’s football/personnel operations and coaching assistants in the organization, agents/reps outside... the ops team coordinate the meetings, communicate with agents, track dialogue, compartmentalize info from all internal teams, and play a part in actually making the draft board... basically project management roles. I don't think they feel they're giving away trade secrets; a lot of the teams share info on players as it is. It's "part of the industry." And honestly, I don't think they would ever believe in 1000 years that I'm on a message board. That's not to stigma message boards, but I just don't have that kind of personality

That’s why I used information about the board instead of the actual draft board haha, still feels like too much. Feels silly they’d have folks in PM roles who actually have access to the board.

I guess on the flip side you have stuff like the Mims pick where Douglas had a good feel he’d be there. Strikes me as very strange the team would be so clandestine regarding free agency and so loose with information about the draft. I’d think they should be quiet the other way around.