Push your chips to the center of the table and guarantee one player (not a QB) that the Jets will draft!

46 minutes ago, derp said:

That’s why I used information about the board instead of the actual draft board haha, still feels like too much. Feels silly they’d have folks in PM roles who actually have access to the board.

I guess on the flip side you have stuff like the Mims pick where Douglas had a good feel he’d be there. Strikes me as very strange the team would be so clandestine regarding free agency and so loose with information about the draft. I’d think they should be quiet the other way around. 

A lot of it is getting little bits and pieces from a number of people too. And this stuff happens everywhere. Like anywhere else, you get more info when you're a friend who doesn't beg for it rather than some "used car salesmen" (cough cough beat reporter). Trust me, pandemic Michael... I've been itching to ask so many questions but I don't want to act like that's all I'm looking for lol. 

Ultimately though, my greatest source of information is my cousin, whose a player/coach rep, and she's been able to introduce me to a lot of the NYC/Miami based agents over the years. She has relationships like mine but everywhere since her players/coaches work for like 19 of 32 teams.

As far as Mims, I didn't learn that until after the fact. 

What's been the case for the past 5 years: I get a lot of names prior to, then I get details after. They've given me the right 1st round pick before the draft since 2015. 2016 was the mecca... I was told Darron Lee, Hackenberg, and Jordan Jenkins during combine week... no joke. This person was Maccagnan's exec assistant at the time. It's safe to say I don't get that level of info anymore, and she's still working for the Jets so lol

20 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

That's my fear.  We pass on him hoping he'll get to 34 and someone grabs him between 27-33.

I wouldn't be shocked if the Steelers go center the pick after....their line is terrible and Pouncey just retired.   I think both Humphrey and Dickerson go before 34 but who knows.  If you love the guy take him at 23 there's no sure things at that spot anyway unless someone like Tucker falls.

2 hours ago, football guy said:

A lot of it is getting little bits and pieces from a number of people too. And this stuff happens everywhere. Like anywhere else, you get more info when you're a friend who doesn't beg for it rather than some "used car salesmen" (cough cough beat reporter). Trust me, pandemic Michael... I've been itching to ask so many questions but I don't want to act like that's all I'm looking for lol. 

Ultimately though, my greatest source of information is my cousin, whose a player/coach rep, and she's been able to introduce me to a lot of the NYC/Miami based agents over the years. She has relationships like mine but everywhere since her players/coaches work for like 19 of 32 teams.

As far as Mims, I didn't learn that until after the fact. 

What's been the case for the past 5 years: I get a lot of names prior to, then I get details after. They've given me the right 1st round pick before the draft since 2015. 2016 was the mecca... I was told Darron Lee, Hackenberg, and Jordan Jenkins during combine week... no joke. This person was Maccagnan's exec assistant at the time. It's safe to say I don't get that level of info anymore, and she's still working for the Jets so lol

Thank god Mac is gone

12 hours ago, Morrissey said:

Quinn Meinerz. I'd take him at 34, but could see the Jets trade up in mid-late 2nd round to get him as their 4th selection. Don't think he'll be there at 66.

Isn't he a phone booth type Center, a guy who operates well in small spaces, powerful, etc.?  How good of a fit is he for the expected zone-blocking scheme LaFleur seems to like?  I'm asking because I honestly don't know but we seem to be looking for mobile, athletic OLmen who can pull, who can get to the second level quickly and pick off a moving LBer.