Horrible News - Al Toon's Daughter Murdered

Al Toon. One of the greatest Jets to ever don the Green & White. May God give you and your family the strength to overcome this senseless tragedy 

17 hours ago, Lurker89 said:

We lost our daughter Landry at birth 5 months ago... Different kind of tragedy, different kind of pain... My wife, her older sister Raegan, and I miss her every day.

My heart goes out to Toon and anyone else who has lived this nightmare and lives with it every day.

You know every moment moving forward is different than it is supposed to be  and you are missing something you would give everything else up for...

Just saw this.  I'm so very sorry for what you, your wife and big sister Raegan have gone/are going through.  No one deserves this heartache.   Sending you and your family best thoughts for finding strength and solace.  

• Like 1
On 4/14/2021 at 1:22 AM, GreenReaper said:

Horrible news.  I feel for Al toon.  You feel so numb and empty with a loss like this.

Lost my mother last September.  My sister soon from cancer.  

You lose part of yourself when you lose a loved one.  

Toon will never recover from this.  Never be the same.  He just had his heart ripped out from him.  

This is so cruel.

So sorry, Reaper. Sadly, this is true. Such a sad story. 

18 hours ago, Lurker89 said:

We lost our daughter Landry at birth 5 months ago... Different kind of tragedy, different kind of pain... My wife, her older sister Raegan, and I miss her every day.

My heart goes out to Toon and anyone else who has lived this nightmare and lives with it every day.

You know every moment moving forward is different than it is supposed to be  and you are missing something you would give everything else up for...

Oh god man. Sorry. Couldn't possibly imagine. My parents and I lost my sister after she gave birth to my nephew. Different circumstance, but I can say it ripped something out of my parents that I never saw return. I hope that peace and comfort slowly fill your life again. 

• Like 2
On 4/14/2021 at 8:01 AM, jetophile said:

Sorry for your loss and in no way am I minimizing it, but people both young and old die of natural causes, get sick and perish, and die in accidents. Losing someone to suicide is a different ball of grief and wreckage for those left behind if it's a solitary act and the person just takes out themselves, so there's that part; but that is not what happened here. Because of that, no reason to discuss suicide and suffering and solitary acts of desperation because this isn't it. It would also leave an unintended impression of implied sympathy towards the murderer, of which I have none. Just erase him.

Further, being the parents of a murdered child is something that there is never any semblance of closure for. I'm adopted, and my biological father's first cousin (late teens) was murdered by her boyfriend (also late teens) in the early 70s. There were no orders of protection to speak of back then, and he strangled her and threw her body in a ditch behind a bowling alley. To say that her parents and the rest of his family were never the same is an understatement. 

If you suspect that a friend or loved one is a victim of domestic violence, please meddle and insert yourself if even anonymously, which isn't to say that the Toon family did not. What an awful tragedy.

I have a friend who was just in a domestic  incident and it worries me greatly.

She said she went to the cops to show bruises and they seemed to not really care much.

1 hour ago, RogerVick1980 said:

I have a friend who was just in a domestic  incident and it worries me greatly.

She said she went to the cops to show bruises and they seemed to not really care much.

Forget about their attitudes, both real and perceived. She needs to file an official police report and get it on record. Did she do so?  She cannot show her cards. She cannot threaten him that she will call the police, that she visited the police, that will visit or call the police in the future, or that she is seeking an order of protection or that day could be her last.

This sounds very serious and should be taken as such. She needs to clear out when he's not home and not drop one hint that she's leaving. Keep quiet, plan ahead, and get the hell out. Help is available:

https://www.thehotline.org/

You sound like a concerned friend. The fact that she went to the police at all is a good sign. Good luck and don't wait. 

5 minutes ago, jetophile said:

Forget about their attitudes, both real and perceived. She needs to file an official police report and get it on record. Did she do so?  She cannot show her cards. She cannot threaten him that she will call the police, that she visited the police, that will visit the police in the future, or that she is seeking an order of protection or that day could be her last.

This sounds very serious and should be taken as such. She needs to clear out when he's not home and not drop one hint that she's leaving. Keep quiet and, plan ahead, and get out. Help is available:

https://www.thehotline.org/

You sound like a concerned friend. The fact that she went to the police at all is a good sign. Good luck and don't wait. 

Thanks..She said she was gonna file a police report I hope she does because at first she wasn’t so sure about it. The boyfriend hit her and threw her through a table and then   her 20 year old daughter stepped in to protect her and he hit her.

She already left to go to a hotel and now I think she’s at her mothers. She went back by the house  and the boyfriend  agreed to leave her some stuff in a car because he’d be at work  when she got there but it wasn’t her important stuff that she wants to go back and get I told her to be careful before going back in the house to get stuff.

He thinks there just on a break but  she claims she’s done with him I hope she is.

15 minutes ago, RogerVick1980 said:

Thanks..She said she was gonna file a police report I hope she does because at first she wasn’t so sure about it.

The boyfriend hit her and her 20 year d daughter who stepped in to protect her.

She already left to go to a hotel..She went back to by the house  and he  agreed to leave her some stuff in her car to take  but it wasn’t her important stuff that she wants to go back and get I told her to be careful before going back in the house to get stuff.

He thinks there just on a break but  she claims she’s done with him I hope she is.

He assaulted her. No, they're not just taking a breather, she's gone; but she has to say what she has to say to get away for good otherwise it won't end well. "He agreed to leave her some stuff in her car". Red flags galore, because he has access to her car and he's controlling her "important stuff", some of it probably sentimental, that he still has in his possession. It could be a trap. 

ID and most objects can be replaced. Her life can't. Get help, please.