Ben Mason, FB, Michigan
Isaiah McDuffie, LB, Boston College
Dax Milne, WR, BYU
  • Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 2
  • WTF? 1
  • Sympathy 1

6 minutes ago, football guy said:

If I were running a team this is what I would do. Stack to the max. Give me all the OL and help this year. I don't anticipate being a great team in 2021 so let the offense grow around the QB and then I'll spend all the picks on defense next year. Only way I divert from OL/o-skill in the top 86 is for an edge rusher

Sign one of the FA corners left, and draft a C, a G, a RT and a TE with picks after Wilson. 

We have to stop this nonsense. 

And if I see another safety in Round 3 I will be penning a very stern letter. 

• Upvote 3

If I were running a team this is what I would do. Stack to the max. Give me all the OL and help this year. I don't anticipate being a great team in 2021 so let the offense grow around the QB and then I'll spend all the picks on defense next year. Only way I divert from OL/o-skill in the top 86 is for an edge rusher

I agree. Rather lose 42-38 than 9-3. Tired of scoring less than 10 points every game!

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, football guy said:

Exactly my thoughts. And honestly, how bad is our CB situation? The team likes Hall, Austin, and Guidry. You can sign a starter or 2 if need be, or at least a guy who can be a spot starter (Rasul Douglas, Brian Poole). The scheme is built to reduce pressure on the CBs, so that should help too. No matter who we add, I don't see our defense improving much next year. Players have to adjust to the scheme, still have a lot of young/developing players on that side of the ball... lets focus on the offense for once. The defense will be a bully in time; so many resources to inject there next season

I’m counting on our new defensive genius HC to scheme around any CB deficiency (which I agree is not that bad-Hall and Bless now with a fortified pass rush?). 

Gotta protect the kid. Gotta establish a run game. Gotta get him an outlet. 

41 minutes ago, Bronxville Jets Fan said:

New York Jets

RD. PICK PLAYER
Zach Wilson, QB, BYU
Azeez Ojulari, edge, Georgia
Asante Samuel Jr., CB, Florida State
Brady Christensen, OT, BYU
Kenneth Gainwell, RB, Memphis
Robert Hainsey, OG/C, Notre Dame
James Wiggins, DS, Cincinnati
Ben Mason, FB, Michigan
Isaiah McDuffie, LB, Boston College
Dax Milne, WR, BYU

Pick #226 has to be a kicker and the rest of that draft is trash. 

• Upvote 2

37 minutes ago, Sammybighead said:

I like mine better, and those that want Zach to succeed will prefer it as well...

Capture.jpg

Lol, all the reactionary extremists will love this one (and hate the OP), but Joe Douglas isn’t going straight offense with his first six picks. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, slats said:

Lol, all the reactionary extremists will love this one (and hate the OP), but Joe Douglas isn’t going straight offense with his first six picks. 

Of course not but he can’t wait till the top 10 IOLs are all off the board and take guys that either need to change positions or need a year to sit. 

We did that last year with Clarke. 

• Upvote 1

As much as I've disparaged the "all offense at all costs" crew, 2 defensive players in the first 3 would be a massive mistake. 

If the Jets want to pick a CB high, I'm all for it given how awful that position looks right now. For that matter, given how stacked our Dline is now, we probably need 4-3 LBs who can cover more than edge guys. 

I'd be ok with a defensive guy in the top few rounds, but C/G, RT, WR, TE, RB is where they really need to do the most work this draft. 

4 minutes ago, Marshmello said:

We need to bring this back. Focus the draft on the offense side of the ball. Front office has to be thinking the same way as well. 

I love a good running game but ground and pound isn't the right answer.

We need a modern game that's going to beat people through the air.  We're about to draft a prolific QB - so yes, we need a strong OL, but we need dynamic weapons as well.  We should be building an offense capable of putting up 40 point a week...

• Upvote 1

We have a ton of draft resources this year and next, we will have a new wet behind the ears QB this year, we need to draft oline high, even if we trade up to do so.

A CB within the first 3 picks?  Maybe, we have the need, an edge or LB would be an awful pick.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, rangerous said:

i don't know.  i'm not so against taking top rated defensive players like edge and db with some high draft picks.good oline players can be found in the 3-4 range.

True but we need two, and one of them needs to become a day one starter.

Waiting until round 3 to find a starter is hopeful at best, or borderline irresponsible.