Cecil Lammey "League sources tell me #Jets turned down #49ers first-round pick for Sam Darnold earlier this offseason."

Jetsbb

19 minutes ago, nycdan said:

So you went from 'think' to 'know' faster than Crusher moving to the front of the buffet line (before COVID of course).  

If you're going to do that, don't be surprised when you get called out.

in any business you start at the top and work your way down-it is not feasible the niners did not reach out to joe and decided to settle at three without asking the jets

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, kmnj said:

so u are  going to tell me that the gm of the 9ers wanted to trade up for a qb and didnt reach out to the jets  but went straight to pick three ? that would basically be total incompetence on the niners gm - it is not feasible that Joe was not contacted-

I don't think it ever reached the offer stage. Basically the 49ers asking, "hey what about that #2?" and JD responding, "I'm not looking to move it right now and, if/when I do, I don't want to move out of the top 8 or 10 picks." 

And then the 49ers decided to not wait around for the Jets to trade them either the #2 or Darnold and just made the move they wanted to make. Could've easily've been Miami calling the 49ers about the move, or -obviously- being more aggressive about it and also not wanting their division rival to know about the potential deal. 

But yes, we've strayed pretty far from what we know and what we're guessing about. 

It would be very easy to dismiss this but the Niners  eventuallygave away two first round picks and swapped another 1st round selection to move up nine slots and get a QB in the draft.    I could absolutely see this being legitimate.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

On 4/14/2021 at 4:07 PM, Philc1 said:

Wait, so JD thinks Zach Wilson’s shoulder will be good to go in the nfl based on him throwing in shorts and a t-shirt indoors?!??

On 4/14/2021 at 4:16 PM, Philc1 said:

The only thing more ridiculous is this inept organization thinking Wilson’s body won’t break down with our crappy Oline 

16 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Zach Wilson’s shoulder made of plexiglass 

2E6A83F0-5FE6-4E03-92DB-4345DE87D413.thumb.jpeg.de6c898523e2f340eee4ba7403ffc061.jpeg

Lets trade for Jimmy G tho, right!?

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

If you believe this story, you essentially believe that JD's QB rankings (outside of Trevor Lawrence) went something like this:

1) Zach Wilson

2) Darnold

3) EVERYONE ELSE

Not to mention the fact that if he made the trade and it turned out Zach Wilson's should was being held together by spaghetti squash....he would have 5 first round picks in the next two years to use to find another QB.

26 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

If you believe this story, you essentially believe that JD's QB rankings (outside of Trevor Lawrence) went something like this:

1) Zach Wilson

2) Darnold

3) EVERYONE ELSE

Not to mention the fact that if he made the trade and it turned out Zach Wilson's should was being held together by spaghetti squash....he would have 5 first round picks in the next two years to use to find another QB.

This has been the thinking by most all of the talking heads. 

It was either Wilson or one more year of Sam. 

6 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Really?  He said this?  

What name was he posting under at the time?  

This very one!

On 8/29/2017 at 2:23 PM, Philc1 said:

Hackenberg is basically a rookie.  I thought he showed a lot of good things in the preseason.  I'd still rather have him over Kizer, Watson, Mike Glennon.  

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

On 4/15/2021 at 1:17 PM, Mogglez said:

Mogglez, I appreciate any nugget of info you pass along but this is one even I could see past and didn’t need an insider confirm. If JD was ever offered a first, he would have drove Sam to the airport himself.

Sometimes we have to just use our common sense.

• Sympathy 1

On 4/15/2021 at 9:12 AM, Aaron Hernandez said:

Doing my daily coffee/poop combo at 9am cause it's the best part of my day + I'm getting paid for it.

I guess this story must be true. Dudes verified on Twitter as "Digital Talent for DenverFan.com" this story on its face is stupid and I'm banned on Twitter anyway, but the real injustice here is not the made up pick we didn't take. It's that Max hasn't gotten us all blue check marks for being digital talent. We should be getting this level of respect as JetNation digital talent when we vomit out stuff we make up entirely

TMI. Not surprised you got banned. 

3 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

New York Jets Kiss GIF by Bleacher Report

National Football League GIF by New York Jets

Nfl Draft Football GIF by New York Jets

Don’t worry… you’ll be able to watch games for a long time! 

I’m not trying to make any predictions here but I’m just saying...Darnold in SF having a better career than Wilson in NY isn’t really some serious stretch imo. Feels more like a jump ball imo.