Fire Aaron Boone

Bronx

Boone's not the problem Cashman is the problem. This team is built with crappy hitters who only feast on crappy pitching. They don't drive in runs because they strike out more often than making contact. This team will win games at some point and get hot but they will not fair well in the playoffs and its going to be the same old bullsh*t story that's even if they make the playoffs at all.

Sanchez Sucks both behind the plate and handling the staff and his 200 batting average the last 3 seasons is not helping at all. Higashioka should be the starting catcher he's way superior on defense and handling the staff and its not even close. I bet if he played every day he would hit around 280 and hit about 20 homers easily. Yet we still keep hoping for Sanchez to do something its not happening.

DJ, Urshela, Hicks great all around players low strikeout numbers all great in the field No arguments here.

Torres can't play short and also can only feast on crappy pitching.

Judge HR or strikeout 

Stanton is playing a little better but still more of a HR or Strikeout guy just like Judge

Frazier is a good player but they never seem to want to give the kid the chance to work out his game. Gardner always lurking is ridiculous let the damn kid play every day and leave him be stop ******* with his head.

If we dump Torres get a real SS that can play the field and hit for average get more players that make contact know how to manufacture runs and spend our money on real pitching not hoping for old washed up guys you should have signed 7 years ago like Kluber to make some miracle comeback we would be in much better shape.

Leading off with DJ who should be batting 3rd is criminal as is having a guy who strikes out 200 times year in Judge batting 2nd. 

The Yankees Lineup should be (based on what we currently have)

1. Hicks CF

2. Urshela 3B

3. DJ 2B

4. Stanton DH

5. Judge RF

6. Torres SS

7. Higashioka C

8. Frazier LF

9. Tauchman 1B

I would prefer a true lead off hitter something the Yankees have not had in years. I would trade Torres for a real SS who can hit for average and lead off or move him to second and put DJ on First. DH Voit and try and move Stanton. This lineup is built so poorly and Stantons salary is ridiculous so this may all be a pipe dream.

This team has issues and I promise the way its built now with few contact hitters and the total lack of starting pitching no way this team wins a playoff series againist any of the top teams in the AL

• Upvote 4

I agree. This guy has zero fire and is simply a best friend to the players. We have to get someone in here who has a sense of urgency and who won't be Cashman's puppet. A manager who will bring a spark to the clubhouse. Boone isn't the only problem though there's a lot wrong with this team that can't be fixed by firing the manager. 

You can not win the World Series with the pitching staff we have. The only guy capable of putting up a decent start is Cole and I have my doubts about Severino when he returns. You also can't  expect to win when you have this HR or bust mentality. I don't care what the numbers say, we need to get on base, make contact, move runners over, steal bases etc. 

Oh and let's see this team try to stay healthy for a full 162. We're already giving Judge days off because he's taken a lot of swing LOL. 

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

Boone's not the problem Cashman is the problem. This team is built with crappy hitters who only feast on crappy pitching. They don't drive in runs because they strike out more often than making contact. This team will win games at some point and get hot but they will not fair well in the playoffs and its going to be the same old bullsh*t story that's even if they make the playoffs at all.

Sanchez Sucks both behind the plate and handling the staff and his 200 batting average the last 3 seasons is not helping at all. Higashioka should be the starting catcher he's way superior on defense and handling the staff and its not even close. I bet if he played every day he would hit around 280 and hit about 20 homers easily. Yet we still keep hoping for Sanchez to do something its not happening.

DJ, Urshela, Hicks great all around players low strikeout numbers all great in the field No arguments here.

Torres can't play short and also can only feast on crappy pitching.

Judge HR or strikeout 

Stanton is playing a little better but still more of a HR or Strikeout guy just like Judge

Frazier is a good player but they never seem to want to give the kid the chance to work out his game. Gardner always lurking is ridiculous let the damn kid play every day and leave him be stop ******* with his head.

If we dump Torres get a real SS that can play the field and hit for average get more players that make contact know how to manufacture runs and spend our money on real pitching not hoping for old washed up guys you should have signed 7 years ago like Kluber to make some miracle comeback we would be in much better shape.

Leading off with DJ who should be batting 3rd is criminal as is having a guy who strikes out 200 times year in Judge batting 2nd. 

The Yankees Lineup should be (based on what we currently have)

1. Hicks CF

2. Urshela 3B

3. DJ 2B

4. Stanton DH

5. Judge RF

6. Torres SS

7. Higashioka C

8. Frazier LF

9. Tauchman 1B

I would prefer a true lead off hitter something the Yankees have not had in years. I would trade Torres for a real SS who can hit for average and lead off or move him to second and put DJ on First. DH Voit and try and move Stanton. This lineup is built so poorly and Stantons salary is ridiculous so this may all be a pipe dream.

This team has issues and I promise the way its built now with few contact hitters and the total lack of starting pitching no way this team wins a playoff series againist any of the top teams in the AL

Always has been, always will be. Boone is nothing more than a guy to do pre and post game interviews and take the public heat for the analytical dopes who make all the decisions. No GM in any team sport has done so little with so much at his disposal as Cashman. He must really have something big on Hal.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, section314 said:

Always has been, always will be. Boone is nothing more than a guy to do pre and post game interviews and take the public heat for the analytical dopes who make all the decisions. No GM in any team sport has done so little with so much at his disposal as Cashman. He must really have something big on Hal.

George with today’s media would have been crucified and kicked out of baseball permanently so I’d gather Hal is a little timid to make any noise and wants the players to be coddled. I’m surprised they haven’t dug up the Boss and cancelled him yet.

He should have never been the manager. I usually don’t like to call for someone to lose their job but he’s rich so he will be alright. We should have snatched Alex Cora and got rid of Boone. He had his moments as a player but that was it. I rather have Paul O’Neil, Bernie Williams, Willie Randolph, or Tony Pena.  Boone doesn’t have it. It is also time to replace Cashman too. If the Boss was alive and saw the Res Sox over take us on championships over the last  couple decades, and now Tampa is creeping up on us, Brian Cash would been replaced long ago. 

• Upvote 1

On 4/16/2021 at 9:20 PM, Barton said:

This team lacks BASIC FUNDAMENTALS. And it's been like this since Day 1 under Boone. 

Boone does literally NOTHING for this team but take orders from Cashman. 

I think most teams right now lack the basic fundamentals thanks to analytics.

Look at some of these team batting averages

Yankees 205

Cleveland 209

Cubs 201 

There is no reason at all guys like Hicks, Torres, Gardy, Frazier should be able to hit to all fields not just trying to pull everything over the fence. 

They don't steal bases, they can't bunt. If Cashman can't see that trying to jack everything over the fence and worrying more about exit velo than moving baserunners then he is clueless.

Boone is nothing more than a Cashman puppet.

• Upvote 3

8 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Yanks got a soft schedule coming up they better be .500 in a couple weeks or it’s gonna be a loooong season 

Soft Schedule accomplishes nothing because they have already shown us they can't hang with the teams that have good starting pitching. Imagine when we fast elite starting pitching if we make the playoffs and have to face a teams top starters multiple times in a series. This team cant hit good pitching and late in a game they can't manufacture a run any better than a little league baseball team. Let me correct that a little league team is more capable of manufacturing a run than this current line up that relies on the home run for everything they do.

23 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

Soft Schedule accomplishes nothing because they have already shown us they can't hang with the teams that have good starting pitching. Imagine when we fast elite starting pitching if we make the playoffs and have to face a teams top starters multiple times in a series. This team cant hit good pitching and late in a game they can't manufacture a run any better than a little league baseball team. Let me correct that a little league team is more capable of manufacturing a run than this current line up that relies on the home run for everything they do.

Like I said the only hope is we are hovering at .500 by midseason when severino comes back

In a short series with Cole, Severino and maybe German if he’s fixed they got a shot

• 1 month later...

Cashman on Yanks: 'We're better than this'

Smash To Cashman "no we're not"

The GM with the biggest money Pit in MLB does not realize:

You can't build a winner with Homerun hitters that either hit homeruns or strike out.

You can't build a winner with a team that has no clue how to manufacture a run late in a game.

You can't build a winner with a team that most of its players hit at or around .200 .

You can't build a winner with a terrible defense and players for the most part playing out of position. 

teams have figured out how to pitch to this team and no one has adjusted in the Yankee organization including the hitting coach.

If this team is going to be relevant again they need to dump Brian Cashman and get a GM who understands how the game of baseball should be played

• Post of the Week 1

I'm not a Boone fan but the problem clearly is Cashman...he uses analytics in the dumbest way possible and has built teams that do nothing besides hit homers and uses 8 bullpen guys a game.  I stopped watching this team a few years ago because it was clear this team and philosophy was going nowhere and honestly its a complete bore.

• Upvote 1