Im just gonna say this ...

Dunnie

I'm with the OP....

While I've done my own amateur research but I can't possibly even come close to going into the level our GM,HC, OC - or have anything even close to their knowledge and history.

I have my favorite but ultimately it's amateur BS.  

I will be excited and hopeful for whatever QB our GM decides is best for the NY Jets.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

10 hours ago, Dunnie said:

I have been pushing for Zach as the Number 2 pick.  I have even found myself posting as a quick reaction to guys pushing for Fields.  I just want to say .... If I am wrong and we take Fields ... I will support the sh*t our of that dude.   I hope the same can be said for Zach if he is the pick. Would be sad if fans with the opposite opinion turned into vultures waiting for our QB to flounder.

That is all .. and yes ... the post probably has little value.

Just wanted to say ... a rook being put in the position of giving this sh*tshow a rebirth deserves our complete support.

Cheers fellas.

Our support means little.  Support from the GM is what has to happen.  We draft Sam and give him XFL talent in all positions.   I want to find McCagnon and pizz in his coffee. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, legler82 said:

So it’s your position that Zach will have a better year 1 than Fields?

Well firstly, I don't think Fields plays much in year 1, if at all, were he to land in SF/ATL/DEN/CHI/WAS. He fits some of those schemes better than others... if you said he'll land in SF/ATL, I'd say I think he has a better chance of adjusting given the time, talent, coaching. Denver? Death sentence. Chicago? Prob could work in time. Washington? Death sentence. 

If Fields lands where I think he lands (New England), I think they will use him in a way which would produce solid, efficient statistics. Think "game manager". They would continue to emphasize power running and option routes, but the advantage with Fields vs. Cam? Fields is a natural throwing vertically, so I would think they'd implement more go routes. His role will be limited, the way Josh Allen (yr. 1-2) and Mitchell Trubisky (yr. 1-4) were used... could result in solid stats (see Trubisky) or poor stats (see Allen), but that won't necessarily give us a clear indication of how good he will be. 

Despite the fact that "better" is fairly arbitrary, yes, assuming Fields starts I wholeheartedly believe Zach Wilson will have a better season... I think he'll have more command in his offense, I think he'll give the coaches freedom to call plays/open up the playbook to depths that they otherwise couldn't call with a QB like Fields, I think he'll make a lot more "wow" plays in the passing game, I think he'll be more important to his team's overall success/failure than Fields would be. 

The season won't be perfect... he's going to make mistakes, he's going to throw interceptions, but overall I think hands down yes he would be better. That's not a criticism to Fields either. I think evaluators who like Fields better are seeing it through certain lenses, and those lenses are more focused on athleticism, toughness, body type, and level of competition. I can give credits to toughness and body type, but for the people relying on athleticism and LOC are overgeneralizing. I think it's flawed to chalk up Fields as a much better athlete just because he performed well in athletic drills... he doesn't play to that level of athleticism consistently and he plays much better in-structure. Wilson will enter the league and be among the top 10 QBs in terms of athleticism... the guy's feet are incredibly quick, his athleticism is apparent every down, and off-the-field he can 360 dunk. Just because he didn't run the 40 doesn't mean the kid doesn't have sheer speed/explosive traits; look at the tape. 

By the way, you can use this as one of your receipts as well.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

12 hours ago, johnnysd said:

Greenie, I watch you on You Tube and you can just feel your conflict. Seems you really don't like Sam, despite qualifying you do, but know he will be a Jet and are trying to get excited for him, but really you wanted and probably still do want a different outcome.

I am close to 100% in being sure the Jets pick Wilson (especially after the Beck interview) and I am frankly obsessed with getting him,  but if somehow the Jets pick Fields or Lance or Jones he will become my favorite NFL QB and I will root super hard for him. If JD somehow did something completely brain dead like taking Garappolo and picks for #2 I would be incredibly angry.

objectivity.  It's not easy for me. i have to consciously try lol.  i wanted sam to succeed as much as anyone, but I'm also behind moving on.  I'm not in love with Wilson or FIelds. But I like both.  I just struggle to see the undying love for either.  But like you said, I'm comfortable with whoever JD feels is the best fit and i'll be behind him 100%

Thanks for the support Johnny!  I appreciate it. It's been a fun ride out here with all of this. :) 

42 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

objectivity.  It's not easy for me. i have to consciously try lol.  i wanted sam to succeed as much as anyone, but I'm also behind moving on.  I'm not in love with Wilson or FIelds. But I like both.  I just struggle to see the undying love for either.  But like you said, I'm comfortable with whoever JD feels is the best fit and i'll be behind him 100%

Thanks for the support Johnny!  I appreciate it. It's been a fun ride out here with all of this. :) 

You are doing great. I like listening to you and the other guys in the background. We align a lot, but you just seem so pained on the QB. I am overly excited for Zach I can likely only be disappointed. Last few weeks of waiting for the draft is just so brutal.

I'm an optimist by nature and I've supported every single QB who the Jets have drafted and started, even if I wished it were someone else.  That's not changing anytime soon.

We will ride or die with the guy the Jets take at #2.  I'll be behind him 100% and there's a good chance I'll convince myself I love him by Week 1. lol

• Upvote 3

57 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

I think you are more down on Wilson than you should be. How much have you studied him? Love love your show but it seems like you’ve put a lot more time studying positions outside of QB. 

On 4/15/2021 at 4:33 PM, jetstream23 said:

I'm an optimist by nature and I've supported every single QB who the Jets have drafted and started, even if I wished it were someone else.  That's not changing anytime soon.

We will ride or die with the guy the Jets take at #2.  I'll be behind him 100% and there's a good chance I'll convince myself I love him by Week 1. lol

At some point people will figure out that rooting for this team in earnest has zero effect on the outcome 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, JETSY14 said:

And what does that say about Mac Jones

I don’t like any of the QBs other than Trevor.  Jones is probably the best out of the rest.  Joe Burrow was throwing to Chase and Justin Jefferson in college

Pitts is such a beast he could make any qb look good

• Upvote 2

On 4/15/2021 at 10:34 AM, freestater said:

I feel the same way. Opposite, but the same. I'm rooting for Zach when he becomes our QB. Its gonna bug the sh*t outta me if he sucks here though, and Fields goes on to another team and has success. 

Wouldn’t it infuriate all of us if we selected Fields and he sucks & Zach has success elsewhere? It applies to every QB who has better success than our Qb

5 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

Wouldn’t it infuriate all of us if we selected Fields and he sucks & Zach has success elsewhere? It applies to every QB who has better success than our Qb

Wouldn't it infuriate all of us if we selected Wilson and he sucks and Justin has success elsewhere? It applies to every QB who has better success than our Qb. 

On 4/14/2021 at 9:59 PM, The Crusher said:

I 100% agree. Even though I think Fields is the pick and hope we get it done. If we do draft Wilson I will love him like the  illegitimate child I had from the wild night in Utah during my youth,,

I think this was the more likely result of that "wild night" than Wilson would be ...  

image_2021-04-17_152306.png

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, CTM said:

why do you think NE?

That would be terrible

He’s a picture-perfect fit for their Air E-P offensive scheme in terms of his passing style and preference to throw from within the pocket, but has the running ability that perks Belichick/McDaniels up a bit... the threat of a QB that can run off RPOs can do wonders for the passing game, specifically up the seam against frozen linebackers

• Upvote 1

I woulda traded down and built around Sam. I still think that would have been the best route to go, and am surprised JD chose differently. 

But here we are.  I am ready to move on with a QB at 2. And he will instantly be my favorite player in the NFL. Such is the life of a 45 year NY Jets fanatic. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, football guy said:

He’s a picture-perfect fit for their Air E-P offensive scheme in terms of his passing style and preference to throw from within the pocket, but has the running ability that perks Belichick/McDaniels up a bit... the threat of a QB that can run off RPOs can do wonders for the passing game, specifically up the seam against frozen linebackers

ok so speculation then, i understand you have some sources and wasn't sure if that's the rumor mill.

I think Fields in NE will be bad for the yets

1 hour ago, CTM said:

ok so speculation then, i understand you have some sources and wasn't sure if that's the rumor mill.

I think Fields in NE will be bad for the yets

Control what you can control. Jets need to worry about themselves first. And yes, Patriots are interested in Fields and Mac Jones. Both those guys are best from within the pocket and fit extremely well in the E-P. Fields adds another dynamic that I believe the Pats crave, even though it’s not mandatory 

26 minutes ago, football guy said:

Control what you can control

I think Fields is the superior prospect and the Jets can control that. They seem intent on making what I belive is an extremely poor decision.

Having the Pat's get the better QB later in the draft is just icing on the sh*t cake 

• Upvote 1

On 4/17/2021 at 5:21 PM, Dunnie said:

Which is why u haunt this board nearly 24/7 like the rest of us .... when will you learn ???emoji1787.png

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using JetNation.com mobile app

I'm not rooting for positive outcomes 

I'm betting on negative ones and hope to "buy the win" 

NY Jets total wins under 6 for example.

Vegas thinks this team will triple their win total while installing a new offensive system and a new defense 4-3

Ill side with the house thanks 

Even if we all agree to support the QB we pick at #2 ... there is no way that half the board won't rip the #23 pick, whoever it is.

Can't be draft night without immediate polarized arguments about at least ONE Jets pick! :P 

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, CTM said:

I think Fields is the superior prospect and the Jets can control that. They seem intent on making what I belive is an extremely poor decision.

Having the Pat's get the better QB later in the draft is just icing on the sh*t cake 

The Pats wish they could draft Wilson