Random players I scouted and the teams that should draft them!

4 hours ago, manuvsteal said:

Saints - Kyle Trask QB Florida.  I think Trask is better than Mac Jones whom a lot have as the 3rd best QB this year.  All Trask has done is throw 70 TD's against 15 INT's the last 2 years against really good competition like Alabama twice, Georgia twice, Auburn, and Texas A&M.  He's also completed passes for 67% and 69% of his throws the last 2 seasons against SEC comp.  Saints should grab him in round 2, or maybe even round 1. Drew Brees should be a consultant/QB coach. Trask will be this years version of Lamar Jackson. The knock on Trask has been his arm strength, but I think his ball placement, and progression through his reads are top of the list in this draft. When you pair that with his height, toughness, I think he's a Rothlesburger type that will be tough to sack and will stick around for 15 years.

A couple of things here; he's only played Bama once, maybe you're thinking of LSU?

The 2 comparison, are totally lost on me; Lamar Jackson couldnt be more different and for Big Ben could move for a big guy, avoid pressure, make plays.  Trask, can not.  He's statue who cant do anything off schedule. 

That said, he's the type of kid you dont bet against because he's such a good kid and damn hard worker.  

Dont see it though.  Career back-up.

5 hours ago, manuvsteal said:

Saints - Kyle Trask QB Florida.  I think Trask is better than Mac Jones whom a lot have as the 3rd best QB this year.  All Trask has done is throw 70 TD's against 15 INT's the last 2 years against really good competition like Alabama twice, Georgia twice, Auburn, and Texas A&M.  He's also completed passes for 67% and 69% of his throws the last 2 seasons against SEC comp.  Saints should grab him in round 2, or maybe even round 1. Drew Brees should be a consultant/QB coach. Trask will be this years version of Lamar Jackson. The knock on Trask has been his arm strength, but I think his ball placement, and progression through his reads are top of the list in this draft. When you pair that with his height, toughness, I think he's a Rothlesburger type that will be tough to sack and will stick around for 15 years.

Titans- Shi Smith WR South Carolina.  I've watched a lot of tape of game film on Shi Smith.  He is super fast, super quick to get open, and has not so great hands.  I watched 4 games and a senior bowl practice and DB's can't cover him in a phone booth. He's built like Odell Beckham, but plays more physical like Deebo Samuel (another Gamecock WR). He just doesn't have Beckham's hands. He makes sense on a physical team that uses play action like the Titans.  He's probably a 4th round receiver, but I think he can move towards the  top Titans empty WR depth chart during the season.  AJ Brown and Shi Smith in the starting lineup. Watch out for this sleeper.

Chargers  - Michael Carter RB North Carolina. MIchael Carter is more explosive than Javonte Williams even though Williams is more widely mentioned. Carter averaged 7.6 yards per carry to Williams 5.5.  He also caught the ball for over 10 yards per reception.  The ACC isn't great competition, but when you can gain 1,245 yards on only 150 carries, that is special.  The Chargers don't have any great running backs, and Carter at 5'9 200 lbs. provides a weapon similar to Tiki Barber that can do everything well.   

Jets - Jackson Carman LT Clemson.  I absolutely love this dude as an offensive tackle or guard.  He is 6'5 and 345 lbs.  He is currently projected as around the 5th -10th best tackle in the draft class.  I believe the fact he was a 5 star recruit, and played for Clemson he's had 4 years of people picking at his game, artificially deflating his value.  He is a super sized tackle with great feet and long arms, and I think from day 1 is better than George Fant, and maybe Mekhi Becton.  Clemson used him to protect the blind side for 3 years, so he has a ton of experience.  He can cave in the side of the defensive line at will, or he can move out in space in zone concepts.  In my perfect world, I'd draft him with the first of the round 3 picks, and I'd use him to either take over right tackle for Fant this or next year, or potentially slide back to left tackle, and move Becton to right tackle by next season.  Either way, I think he makes an great bookend offensive lineman that despite his size and strength will not disrupt the Jets new zone concepts that require more nimble offensive linemen.

Vikings - Gregory Rousseau DE Miami.  The Vikings pick 14th and they need players to generate pressure up front.  In 2019 Greg Rousseau posted 15.5 sacks and was a top 5 pick on most draft boards.  He opted out of the 2020 NCAA season and has seen his stock plummet.  For the low price of a 14th pick the Vikings will get the next big time defensive end following Miles Garrett and Chase Young.  There are other defensive ends being hyped up, but Rousseau is the real deal.  A good comparison for him is Miami Dolphins (and brief Jets) Jayson Taylor.  Rousseau measured in at6'6 270 lbs., with a 4.66 40 and a ridiculous 83" wingspan.  The Jets should take him at 23, but I think any smart team will make sure he is gone by then.

Better then becton??? ? OK... Nothing on those highlights show that... But he looks like a solid left tackle with good technique. Becton throws nfl players around like rag dolls and he was a rookie. 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Skeptable said:

Better then becton??? ? OK... Nothing on those highlights show that... But he looks like a solid left tackle with good technique. Becton throws nfl players around like rag dolls and he was a rookie. 

Yeah, that was more than a little off the rails.

Carman is usually projected to be a Guard, or possibly a RT.  Great run blocker, not so great pass blocker against speed.  He should not be viewed as a LT prospect unless a team has a gaping hole there, regardless of his experience at Clemson.  

Having said that, if we can get him at the top of round 3 to plug into the RT/RG/LG mix, I think that would be pretty solid.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, JiF said:

A couple of things here; he's only played Bama once, maybe you're thinking of LSU?

The 2 comparison, are totally lost on me; Lamar Jackson couldnt be more different and for Big Ben could move for a big guy, avoid pressure, make plays.  Trask, can not.  He's statue who cant do anything off schedule. 

That said, he's the type of kid you dont bet against because he's such a good kid and damn hard worker.  

Dont see it though.  Career back-up.

I was thinking of LSU, thanks.  My comps were not to say he was Lamar Jackson or big Ben. I was saying he could be the out of nowhere QB this year similar to Lamar Jackson his rookie year when he surpassed the other 4 guys in front of him.  My point about Roethlisberger is just that he is a bigger, tough, competitive QB, and I see that in Trask. 

7 hours ago, Skeptable said:

I think he is right now equal to or better than George Fant.  I think in a year or two he has the opportunity to be better than Becton.  If you look at 2020, Becton has already missed 3 games. I think Carman is durable, moves well, is a better pass blocker, and can run block in space.  Time will tell, and I'm not knocking Mekhi Becton, I just think Jackson Carman has high upside with traits I like (durability, flexibility, experience, locks on his block well).

• Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 1