Zach Wilson on BYUSN 04.15.21

Jetsbb

34 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

He gave the word for word answer his agent gave him to the question of confirming if the Jets are taking him. If he is really #1 on the Jets board they still need to keep it a bit under the radar and avoid the possibility of JAX taking him. I think he is pretty mentally drained. Does sound like he will attend OTAs which is great. Ignore the veterans who want no OTAs to protect their jobs.

I don’t know.  He didn’t have to go as far as saying I’m not talking to them any more than anyone else.  

Maybe it’s the self hating Jet fan in mr but I definitely get the sense he doesn’t want to come here.  Hoping something happens.  

• WTF? 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, BroadwayRay said:

I thought his teammates hated him. It must be terrible for them being stuck in a cabin with him in the middle of nowhere.

The other guys are all there with their wives. They only brought Zach along to doordash their pizza orders.

• Haha 3

22 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

I don’t know.  He didn’t have to go as far as saying I’m not talking to them any more than anyone else.  

Maybe it’s the self hating Jet fan in mr but I definitely get the sense he doesn’t want to come here.  Hoping something happens.  

100% kid is terrified of coming to the Jets. At this point if I was his Dad Id be trying to friend Archie Manning on social media and see if I can get some pro tips on how to prevent this disaster from happening,, 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, The Crusher said:

100% kid is terrified of coming to the Jets. At this point if I was his Dad Id be trying to friend Archie Manning on social media and see if I can get some pro tips on how to prevent this disaster from happening,, 

All he would have had to do was not participate in the process. He is voluntarily going to their zoom meetings so its on him if they pick him.

11 minutes ago, NIGHT STALKER said:

I didn't realize the Jets had a playbook.  

The Jets playbook isn’t ready yet. Joe Douglas is holding out for a better deal on I pads - playbooks are now on laptops or I pads I believe. Anyway Douglas is holding strong. He wants to wait for the Apple Memorial Day sale - it’s a good one. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

While unlikely, it is possible. I remember reading about his father saying disparaging comments about the Jets. It was either late season or just after the season ended. Since it became more likely he'd be a Jet his father has been liking a lot on NY related article and stuff.  I don't think this will happen, but if he wanted too, I'm certain he could apply pressure to have the Jets work a trade. Likely with SF to get his kid there and allowing the Jets to get the 3rd QB. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Jdub03 said:

While unlikely, it is possible. I remember reading about his father saying disparaging comments about the Jets. It was either late season or just after the season ended. Since it became more likely he'd be a Jet his father has been liking a lot on NY related article and stuff.  I don't think this will happen, but if he wanted too, I'm certain he could apply pressure to have the Jets work a trade. Likely with SF to get his kid there and allowing the Jets to get the 3rd QB. 

Joe Douglas was very clear in the exclusive on the record report from Albert Breer that he saw a clear top 2 QB's. He said he was unwilling to trade Darnold early in case one of those top 2 QB's fail a physical. Their third ranked QB is not an option for Joe.

• Upvote 2

40 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Wow people are reading way too much into this.  Just watch the Beck video if you think the Jets are not taking him. The obly thing that could happen,  and it is a possibility  is if somehow Woody decides he wants a different  guy and overrules JD. But it completely follows for JD to stick to whatever process and level if interaction  he would normally do 

• Upvote 1

Its April 15....if the Jets dont know who their picking at 2 we got a situation. The tape and pro days have all been played/happen.....i find it curious JD hasnt give Zach more......

Thought he said trading 2 was out of the cards...so yea a little odd 2 weeks out

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

I think he's still the lead horse in this race.  Do I think he'd rather go to SF, yes. Do I think he doesn't want to play for the Jets, no. I think the media attention he's received and the whole draft process is overwhelming and maybe he's simply mentally fatigued.  

Cheer up, either way at #2 we're going to get a good prospect that will give us all hope. We also finally appear to have the right infrastructure in place to help make that player and the team successful.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Jetsbb said:

Joe Douglas was very clear in the exclusive on the record report from Albert Breer that he saw a clear top 2 QB's. He said he was unwilling to trade Darnold early in case one of those top 2 QB's fail a physical. Their third ranked QB is not an option for Joe.

Do we know Trevor is among those two? I mean it's the consensus in the media, but does Joe feel that way? I personally prefer JF over Trevor.

4 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Its April 15....if the Jets dont know who their picking at 2 we got a situation. The tape and pro days have all been played/happen.....i find it curious JD hasnt give Zach more......

Thought he said trading 2 was out of the cards...so yea a little odd 2 weeks out

What do you expect Zach Wilson to say? When in the history of the NFL draft has the player admitted where they are being picked? Trevor just did an SI interview and he didn't even acknowledge where he was going...

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Since JD has been here, one thing has been constant.....he wouldn't tell you what time it is if you both were standing under Big Ben. I don't think he's gonna suddenly change now 2 weeks before the draft and start telling anyone who asks who he is taking.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, The Crusher said:

He’s at a cabin getting ready for the drafts with three of his buds that all brought their wives. He is in denial about going to the Jets and is hoping someone trades up and saves him. It’s actually pretty sad, I feel for him. Other than that seems like a great kid. 

It's funny how we have different takes on that. I felt he was just being honest say you never know what could happen. He wasn't "hoping" for a trade.

He seems fine with the fact that the jets might take him.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, QB1 said:

What do you expect Zach Wilson to say? When in the history of the NFL draft has the player admitted where they are being picked? Trevor just did an SI interview and he didn't even acknowledge where he was going...

It seemed like he was specifically coached to avoid saying that the Jets were taking him, and to create the impression that anything can still happen.  From the NFL's perspective, it's bad enough that the intrigue of their primetime event is diminished by the forgone conclusion that Lawrence is going to JAX.  They certainly would prefer that the Wilson to Jets scenario still has some doubt tied to it.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, MykePM said:

It seemed like he was specifically coached to avoid saying that the Jets were taking him, and to create the impression that anything can still happen.  From the NFL's perspective, it's bad enough that the intrigue of their primetime event is diminished by the forgone conclusion that Lawrence is going to JAX.  They certainly would prefer that the Wilson to Jets scenario still has some doubt tied to it.

Exactly, he also knows 100% that he isn’t going to the draft but won’t say it for the same reason 

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, paulyjet said:

It's funny how we have different takes on that. I felt he was just being honest say you never know what could happen. He wasn't "hoping" for a trade.

He seems fine with the fact that the jets might take him.

What about the fear in his eyes Pauly? What about the fear?

• Haha 1