Zach Wilson on BYUSN 04.15.21

Jetsbb

5 hours ago, oatmeal said:

idk if they like both Trevor and Zach there’s honestly no need for the Jets to hide anything. Maybe you’re correct and these are agent answers and the Jets have committed behind the scenes. 

but on the surface it appears he isn’t this lock at 2 we we’re all lead to believe 

The NFL doesnt want teams and players announcing their interest.  Jags could say theyre taking Lawrence and the Jets could then announce their taking Wilson or Fields, it doest change a thing other than the NFL wants draft night uncertainty 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

The NFL doesnt want teams and players announcing their interest.  Jags could say theyre taking Lawrence and the Jets could then announce their taking Wilson or Fields, it doest change a thing other than the NFL wants draft night uncertainty 

This is true 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Jetsbb said:

WOW. Joe Douglas is a very weird dude. The Jaguars are giving Trevor their playbook and telling him he will be the pick while the Jets are apparently still playing coy with Wilson. 'That's not the impressions I get from them"

Joe Douglas:  "Do you know how expensive it is to print a playbook?"

(turns around and looks at an assistant)

Joe Douglas:  "See if Van Roten will accept a $150 pay cut."

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Yeah and the NFL even stopped the networks from showing the calls and announcing the picks before it is announced at the podium. Funny thing is that is the Jets were to come out and definitively say Wilson (though they have hinted super heavily) you could wind up knowing the first 5 picks before the draft. I would not even be shocked if a media relations guy has called Zach and the Jets to calm down. Just 2 weeks a few minutes to wait now.

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Lol they are all on branded IPads and Surfacrs provided by Apple and MS.

1 hour ago, johnnysd said:

Yeah and the NFL even stopped the networks from showing the calls and announcing the picks before it is announced at the podium. Funny thing is that is the Jets were to come out and definitively say Wilson (though they have hinted super heavily) you could wind up knowing the first 5 picks before the draft. I would not even be shocked if a media relations guy has called Zach and the Jets to calm down. Just 2 weeks a few minutes to wait now.

Exactly.  Theres no reason Jax cant announce their pick.  If they did, then it flows from there, if the Jets have their guy they could announce their pick based on Jax pick.  Next up SF could do the same, etc, etc.

It used to be allowed before the slotted contracts we have today so that teams could start negotiating with a player and if no agreement seemed reachable they actually in theory move to another player.  

2 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

I dont think theyre actually allowed to give them playbooks

25 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

I dont think theyre actually allowed to give them playbooks

Who was the player that a team gave a playbook to (I don't think it was a Jet) to test him and they left like 40 pages blank.  When the guy got to camp and they asked him if he studied the playbook he was like, "yeah, it was good." lol  He hadn't even opened it.

I want to say Jamarcus Russell but I can't recall.

• Sympathy 1

7 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

I don’t know.  He didn’t have to go as far as saying I’m not talking to them any more than anyone else.  

Maybe it’s the self hating Jet fan in mr but I definitely get the sense he doesn’t want to come here.  Hoping something happens.  

I don't think he "wants" to come here, I mean why would he?  He is a west coast kid and probably grew up a Niners fan.  He certainly has relationship with former Niner Steve Young.  At the same time I don't think he is against coming either.  If drafted I am sure he will be excited about the challenge of helping build the Jets into a contender.  I really think we are reading way too much into these comments.   I bet the vast majority of players who are drafted are more excited about that fact they will be making millions and playing in the NFL {probably a life long dream} then they do about what team drafts them.   

• Sympathy 2

8 minutes ago, JetBlue said:

I don't think he "wants" to come here, I mean why would he?  He is a west coast kid and probably grew up a Niners fan.  He certainly has relationship with former Niner Steve Young.  At the same time I don't think he is against coming either.  If drafted I am sure he will be excited about the challenge of helping build the Jets into a contender.  I really think we are reading way too much into these comments.   I bet the vast majority of players who are drafted are more excited about that fact they will be making millions and playing in the NFL {probably a life long dream} then they do about what team drafts them.   

He's actually a Patriots fan ?

1 hour ago, jetstream23 said:

Who was the player that a team gave a playbook to (I don't think it was a Jet) to test him and they left like 40 pages blank.  When the guy got to camp and they asked him if he studied the playbook he was like, "yeah, it was good." lol  He hadn't even opened it.

Sounds like Jamarcus.

Even if it wasnt, lets blame him.  No one would ever challenge it

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, QB1 said:

He’s in a cabin with three of his teammates? I thought they hated him?

They might have hated him last season when he didn't exist. Now he would be a kid with no friends a couple weeks from being a multimillionaire. The kids that wouldn't let him sit at their lunch table became his besties real quick lol

7 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

Yea it was Russell, the raiders gave him blank tape that he was told was scouting on opponents. Russell said he watched it all.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

I dunno.  He doesn't really seem like he's 6'3" in this picture now does he?

Also, no captain's "C" on his chest???

hmm... something's up.  I don't like the smell of this.

Incredulous Bill Murray GIF by reactionseditor

And those heel clicks

kid-feet-on-the-beach-jumping-on-his-blu

14 hours ago, JetBlue said:

I’m sure we’re reading too much into this and that you’re correct. 

but it’s two weeks before the draft.  Running out if things to discuss :-)

• Upvote 1

I’m sure we’re reading too much into this and that you’re correct. 

but it’s two weeks before the draft.  Rubbing out if things to discuss default_icon_smile.gif
You like where you are welcomed .. if he feels at home here .. does well and is embraced .. he will love it here.

He stumbles gets crucified in week 3 for throwing 2 picks and fumbling as a rookie ... could be a long ride.

Kid needs some room to grow.. but he needs to show he is consistent and obviously 'the man'.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using JetNation.com mobile app

If the Jets do not draft Wilson, Douglas's comment at his press conference when asked about Steve Young saying the Jets will be drafting Wilson, which was something like -- "Steve is pretty well plugged in to all things happening at BYU" -- will go down in the annals of GM'dom as one of the greatest burns ever. (note: there is not a lot of competition for this accolade) 

7 hours ago, adobolo2 said:

Yea it was Russell, the raiders gave him blank tape that he was told was scouting on opponents. Russell said he watched it all.

Yes!  That was it, not the playbook.  Great story and eye-opening for the Raiders.  They lost all trust for their QB right there.