Kurt Warner 2021 Draft QB Rankings

20 minutes ago, Morrissey said:

Ranking at 18:15 mark.

1. Trevor Lawrence

2. Zach Wilson

3. Mac Jones

4. Justin Fields

5. Trey Lance

I can respect Kurt rankings cause he has acknowledged that his ranking is biased based on the fact he’s viewing these prospects through the lens of how he played the game.  

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

With the huge caveat that I have been wrong about every QB prospect ever, I have to say I find the Mac Jones love inexplicable

You were right about Christian Hackenberg. But then again, so was everyone else.

Except me. ?

• Upvote 3

49 minutes ago, Beaver said:

Stupidity Are You Stupid GIF

To be honest the take was much worse than you can imagine. I saw this video before he was drafted on why he would be a superstar and so I just stuck with that as my hope for him, and everyone was bashing him and saying they wanted Watson who I thought would suck, and I just created this anger laced rant, that is just epic in it's wrongness.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

On 4/16/2021 at 9:19 AM, DeerPark said:

what??  is this true and what about all the experts saying he can go from wr1 to wr4...where is this coming from and KW is the only one seeing this?

Because it's a quote taken out of context....Here's the video from Warner to explain what he's talking about.   People are funny the way they're looking for trouble.  Warner was effusive in his praise of Wilson....If you're interested in Why Wilson is so good, watch this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZYfT8Mswjs

• Upvote 1

On 4/15/2021 at 8:04 PM, adobolo2 said:

Seems like Kurt figured out how to analyze Zack after all

Screenshot_20210325-141349.png

If this is true we should go with Mac Jones ... Either way I would go with Mac but if we pick Wilson he certainly has the ability to play the position and obviously we will have to at least start out positive about the situation. What else can we do ?

14 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

If this is true we should go with Mac Jones ... Either way I would go with Mac but if we pick Wilson he certainly has the ability to play the position and obviously we will have to at least start out positive about the situation. What else can we do ?

It's not true.  Watch the video.  It'll explain it all.  Warner LOVES Wilson.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

It seems that when Kurt originally said that on the 21st march he must have not done a deep dive into Zack because when he put his ranking out two weeks later he has Zack as his #2.

I like Jones, I also like fields as kurt says in any interview I've heard in the last week that wilson, fields, jones all have great traits and are interchangeable on his board depending on what offence your team is running and possibly wilson is the best fit for the jets new offence.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, SackExchangeNYJ said:

This could cut both ways, though. It might speak well of a QB to have success in a system that was this predictable.

That happens to be one of the reasons why Warner was impressed with Wilson.  The BYU offense was repeatedly running the same plays.  And the defenses were prepared for them.  Forcing ZW into creative off platform plays that he successfully executed at a high level.  Warner describes Wilson as the most athletic thrower of all the QBs.  Not referring to his physical athleticism...but his throwing ability using mobility and a variety of angled releases to make consistent completions. 

He's a HOF QB...so he certainly knows something about playing the position.  Same with HOF Steve Young.  And there's Chris Simms.   And most important of all...there's JD-Saleh-LaFleur.  They seem to see Wilson in a similar light too. 

One thing is guaranteed for sure.  There's gonna be a never ending super sh!!t-storm eruption here at JN...when the Commish announces the #2 pick of the draft?  

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

Mond in round 2.  Draft Pitts and Jenkins at 2 and 23

On 4/15/2021 at 6:36 PM, legler82 said:

I can respect Kurt rankings cause he has acknowledged that his ranking is biased based on the fact he’s viewing these prospects through the lens of how he played the game.  

Everyone's rankings are biased. As hard as this is for you to believe, you are human.

21 minutes ago, Marshmello said:

Here is part 2

love that play @ 4mins, kid sees things well 

Fair criticism on him predetermining where he is going some times. Though at least usually he is doing a good job of identifying the mis match pre snap in those situations. 

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

Because it's a quote taken out of context....Here's the video from Warner to explain what he's talking about.   People are funny the way they're looking for trouble.  Warner was effusive in his praise of Wilson....If you're interested in Why Wilson is so good, watch this video.

Isn’t that a tweet of Warner’s? How is something a guy tweeted himself a quote taken out of context?

Isn’t it okay for him to be both extremely talented and hard to analyze as the tweet stated?