Exactly 2 weeks from this moment—

22 minutes ago, Paradis said:

The pick will be in, and we’ll all be holding penises and singing kumbaya - getting ripped on good hooch while we wait for pick #23

in the meantime. Take up painting. Read Aristotle... call your family to talk about feelings and possibly bad habits. 

just hold on a little longer 

FE36FFBB-A3C9-4B66-8783-60D35813F846.jpeg

Exactly whos penises?

29 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

I haven't seen my father back east in over a year due to Covid.  He got vaccinated a month ago, I get my second shot early next week.  I'm flying to NJ on 4/28 to hang with him for a long weekend and watch the Draft.  Commiserating and bitching about the Jets has been a serious part of our father/son bond for four decades.  Looking forward to this!

College Life Drinking GIF

Hear Hear!!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Paradis said:

The pick will be in, and we’ll all be holding penises and singing kumbaya - getting ripped on good hooch while we wait for pick #23

in the meantime. Take up painting. Read Aristotle... call your family to talk about feelings and possibly bad habits. 

Just checking, we are holding our own penises, not each others.  Not that kind of kumbaya moment.

Right? 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

I haven't seen my father back east in over a year due to Covid.  He got vaccinated a month ago, I get my second shot early next week.  I'm flying to NJ on 4/28 to hang with him for a long weekend and watch the Draft.  Commiserating and bitching about the Jets has been a serious part of our father/son bond for four decades.  Looking forward to this!

College Life Drinking GIF

I'm driving up on the 19th to help my son move... Will be getting my second shot on the same morning before I drive up. However, he could care less about sports lol... Somehow sports skipped generations in my house. My dad wasn't a sports fan either, although all my cousins on his side of the family were Steelers fans, lol...  I was a sports nut back then. I remember getting ridiculed by them all the time when we had family dinners in North Bergen, and me rooting for the JETS, or the Raiders at the time, because I always wanted them to beat the Steelers lol...

Have fun with your dad....

• Upvote 3

10 hours ago, Paradis said:

84BB40D3-41A4-44C4-834B-889C20CE6398.gif.6511f83a1948d4d39192070fa1ccfb3f.gif.9b7b0c75b58da3900089c8fa05c91e17.gif

This seemed like a perfect time to use this awesome gift you gifted JetNation. ?

• Upvote 1

Draft Day Cocktail:

1 & 1/2 oz. "Daily Drinker" Bourbon (not the kind you save for sipping neat).  I use Four Roses Small Batch usually.

1 & 1/2 oz. of Disaronno Italian Liqueur.

1 & 1/2 oz. of Averna Sicilian Amaro Liqueur.

A splash of Marachino Cherry syrup and two of the Cherries themselves.

Mix well, serve over a large block of ice.

Enjoy.  

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

11 hours ago, Paradis said:

And all this time I just thought you didn’t know how to spell Paradise!

2 Chainz GIF by MOST EXPENSIVEST

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Draft Day Cocktail:

1 & 1/2 oz. "Daily Drinker" Bourbon (not the kind you save for sipping neat).  I use Four Roses Small Batch usually.

Mix well, serve over a large block of ice.

Enjoy.  

This is the Jets we're talking about.

It was a good start, but I tweaked it a bit.

1 & 1/2  2 oz. Small-Batch Bourbon (I use 114 proof Noah's Mill usually) (not the kind you save for sipping neat).  I use Four Roses Small Batch usually.

Mix well, serve over one ice cube a large block of ice.

Repeat as each pick approaches

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, 68JET11 said:

I'm driving up on the 19th to help my son move... Will be getting my second shot on the same morning before I drive up. However, he could care less about sports lol... Somehow sports skipped generations in my house. My dad wasn't a sports fan either, although all my cousins on his side of the family were Steelers fans, lol...  I was a sports nut back then. I remember getting ridiculed by them all the time when we had family dinners in North Bergen, and me rooting for the JETS, or the Raiders at the time, because I always wanted them to beat the Steelers lol...

Have fun with your dad....

I have several relatives and friends who could care less about sports as well.  But they're big movie buffs or TV watchers.  I just tell them sports is like a live movie where you don't know the ending, but neither do the guys performing.... which is a big difference from movies and TV shows.  Oh well, to each his own.

Good luck with the move!

• Sympathy 1

FROM THE JETS' OFFICAL SITE.

Will the Jets Target Offense in the First 3 Rounds of the NFL Draft?

GM Joe Douglas Has 10 Picks in 2021 NFL Draft and 5 Picks in Rounds 1-3

Apr 16, 2021 at 02:00 PM

E_c11i9699-allen-headshot

IMG_6717-greenberg-head

/assets/images/imported/NYJ/Lange_Randy-headshot.jpg

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  

042820-personnel-thumb-draft

Throughout the offseason, NewYorkJets.com reporters Eric Allen, Ethan Greenberg and Randy Lange will each give their predictions to a series of questions regarding this year's Jets.

Today's question: Will the Jets take more players on offense or defense in the first three rounds of the NFL Draft?

EA: After Jets GM Joe Douglas traded Sam Darnold to Carolina and acknowledged the Jets would likely be taking a signal-caller with the No. 2 overall selection, he said: "We have to surround our new quarterback with as much talent as possible." That has stuck with me as draft countdown approaches hyperdrive. In terms of the top four strongest position groups in the entire class, Pro Football Focus went quarterback, tackle, wide receiver and interior offensive line. After the Jets get their quarterback at No. 2, they will be in prime position early to build around him with four additional picks in the top 86 overall. I envision Douglas, whose first pick as GM of the Jets was Mekhi Becton, will continue to fortify that line early in the 2021 draft. Before free agency began, Douglas said that he and Head Coach Robert Saleh wanted explosive playmakers and I think that hunt will extend into Rounds 1-3. And while a cornerback or linebacker could be taken before Round 4, my guess is four of the Jets' first five picks are used on players on offense.

EG: It could go either way, but I'm leaning yes. We already know GM Joe Douglas said that it's a fair assessment the Jets will take a QB at No. 2 overall, which gives the offense a 1-0 lead. Douglas made more moves on the defensive side of the ball in free agency (added five on offense, six on defense) and I think this time the offense will receive a boost. In that same breath, it wouldn't surprise me if Douglas adds to the defense, but I think the split will be 3-2 either way, depending how the board shakes out. There are a lot of positions that still need to be addressed and I think Douglas will help support his rookie QB by adding as much as possible around him, whether that's a playmaker at RB-WR-TE or an offensive lineman. I don't think any of the free-agent signings preclude the Green & White from adding to that position. For example, even though the Jets added Corey Davis and Keelan Cole at WR, it wouldn't surprise me if they added another WR in the draft. Same at the edge with Carl Lawson and Vinny Curry. The Jets are in a position where they'll add the best player available. My gut says the offense will slightly edge the defense, but this is why we love the draft -- no one knows.

RL: Only slightly, by a 3-2 margin. On the one hand, history favors the first draft of the Joe Douglas/Robert Saleh team leaning to the defense. Saleh is a D-coach and the Jets need D-help. Since Bill Parcells in 1997, the Green & White have had only one predominantly offensive coach and that was Adam Gase. From 2002-18, a 17-draft span, the Jets made 46 selections in the first three rounds and 29 were defensive players — a hefty 63% of those prime picks. On the other hand, Douglas/Saleh figure to be drafting a key offensive player up top, and they know they have to surround that quarterback with O-talent. Did they do enough of that so far in free agency? Maybe, but more can and will be done. Of course, how they stack their board will have much to say about this, too, but with the above two competing forces in play, I'd say the Jets are likely to use three of their five picks on the first two days on one side of the ball, say, QB-D-O-D-O.

Not sure anyone has an inside track on what the Jets do, but whatever they want leaked out there, you can bet Randy Lange will be involved in it. 

9 hours ago, prime21 said:

As soon as the pick is made the people against the pick will be much more vocal on the board than those who like/love the pick.   It’s what makes the forum electric!

Until 23 is up.

Once Zach is picked - if he goes D at #23 we'll get a whole different crew that will lose it.