Different (Much Better) Zach Wilson Interview Talking About the Jets

Litez

14 minutes ago, Litez said:

Sup everyone, long time viewer of this site. I know the love/hate for Zach Wilson is pretty real on here. Im definitely 1 of the Jet fans that really wants us to draft him. The most recent Zach Wilson BYUSN interview definitely was a little disappointing though to me and a lot of Jets fans as he seemed more tired and disinterested than usual (especially with any Jets mention). But I did want to point out that there was an interview last week that wasnt posted on BYUs youtube. I think it will make everyone feel much better about Zach and him going to the Jets. This was right after the Darnold trade. I didnt see it until last night and I think anyone that had a bad taste would feel better watching this one.

He seemed very excited about being drafted here. I wouldnt doubt it if maybe someone from the NFL made them not post it to their YT like they usually do every week because its pretty apparent hes going to be a Jet after watching. Could also be why he acted the way he did in the most recent interview playing down him going to the Jets because maybe someone got in his ear to not make it so obvious.

Zach Wilson Interview starts at the 23:37 mark of the video in link <-

Zack seems to have changed his tune in a week, perhaps joe rang him and said "Salah is after seeing Fields, we don't want you any more"

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Morrissey said:

this interview was seen and discussed on here. looks like they deleted it off the website.

Oh sorry about that! Didnt see that someone posted it on here already. Very interesting that they took it down. I wonder if the Jets didnt like that he said they didnt give Sam the pieces he needed to succeed. Or that the vibe of that interview pretty much made it clear he was a lock to the Jets 

• Upvote 1

Well my first thread and post on here was a fail LOL! Probably should delete the thread I guess?.. But going to make it up and drop a cool video for now that I found last night as well on the BYU website. Its Zach Wilson, his teammate, and his HC watching back and going through the film of their 2019 game vs USC. You can get a better idea of how he thinks and processes the info he sees pre and post snap. He also definitely put on a lot more weight now than when this video was done. 

https://www.byutv.org/player/05f018ae-417b-45f8-9c2f-6a1e8516d517/byu-sports-nation-play-by-replay-football---byu-vs-usc-91419

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, K_O_Brien said:

I remember the video.

Zach said some nice things about Sam, how he watched Jets games, didn't think the coaching put him in the best environment, how Sam's a great guy and he's sure he will be a success in Carolina, but the Jets are a different now, and one looking to start over as a team and in a good position to do so. 

He probably said too much in truth, but he's a genuine kid and he opened up a little. 

This week, by accident or design, he's a lot more circumspect and guarded. 

Still no way near as guarded as Joe Burrow last year, who never mentioned the 'Cinncinnati Bengals' by name. He referred to the Bengals' as 'them' or 'they'. He'll said he'd play for "whoever drafts me". 

Burrow said at one point, "I do have leverage" and was in contact with Archie Manning pre-draft. He turned down the chance to appear at the Senior Bowl where Cincinnati were coaching. 

Imagine this place if Zach did any of that. Instead we're killing him for the tone of his voice to a non-commital answer. 

Great post 

3 minutes ago, K_O_Brien said:

I remember the video.

Zach said some nice things about Sam, how he watched Jets games, didn't think the coaching put him in the best environment, how Sam's a great guy and he's sure he will be a success in Carolina, but the Jets are a different now, and one looking to start over as a team and in a good position to do so. 

He probably said too much in truth, but he's a genuine kid and he opened up a little. 

Still no way near as guarded as Joe Burrow last year, who never mentioned the 'Cinncinnati Bengals' by name. He referred to the Bengals' as 'them' or 'they'. He'll said he'd play for "whoever drafts me". 

Burrow said at one point, "I do have leverage" and was in contact with Archie Manning pre-draft. He turned down the chance to appear at the Senior Bowl where Cincinnati were coaching. 

Imagine this place if Zach did any of that. Instead we're killing him for the tone of his voice to a non-commital answer. 

I dont think we are killing him but just a "i be happy to play in new york" seems like a safe answer. He cant event get that out, I think hes still praying SF gets him somehow.

4 hours ago, Litez said:

Sup everyone, long time viewer of this site. I know the love/hate for Zach Wilson is pretty real on here. Im definitely 1 of the Jet fans that really wants us to draft him. The most recent Zach Wilson BYUSN interview definitely was a little disappointing though to me and a lot of Jets fans as he seemed more tired and disinterested than usual (especially with any Jets mention). But I did want to point out that there was an interview last week that wasnt posted on BYUs youtube. I think it will make everyone feel much better about Zach and him going to the Jets. This was right after the Darnold trade. I didnt see it until last night and I think anyone that had a bad taste would feel better watching this one.

He seemed very excited about being drafted here. I wouldnt doubt it if maybe someone from the NFL made them not post it to their YT like they usually do every week because its pretty apparent hes going to be a Jet after watching. Could also be why he acted the way he did in the most recent interview playing down him going to the Jets because maybe someone got in his ear to not make it so obvious.

EDIT: Ofcourse the Link isnt working now. Searching to see if BYU took it down from their site or not but here is part of the Interview from last week that they posted on BYUs twitter

https://twitter.com/BYUSportsNation/status/1380207365148999687?s=20

Yeah,  here's what I think is going on here. 

A couple of PR screw ups.  I think Douglas did, in excitement, say something to Zack at his Pro Day indicating the Jets were taking him.  He didn't expect to see it in print.  Then Steve Young shot his mouth off putting Joe in a tough spot.  

Also we have the idiot Woody Johnson  (PR dept) running around with his little twitter contest.   

There has clearly been a back lash between these two interviews.  Here he is sure he's going to the Jets, the next one he is downplaying it.  

IMO his agent has told everyone to shut up.  Now he's over stressed about it, and not saying anything.

I'm 99% sure the Jets are taking Wilson.  When you watch him in this interview, he was led to believe they were.  

Sure Hope Woody isn't having a PR say in the selection. 

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Litez said:

Well my first thread and post on here was a fail LOL! Probably should delete the thread I guess?.. But going to make it up and drop a cool video for now that I found last night as well on the BYU website. Its Zach Wilson, his teammate, and his HC watching back and going through the film of their 2019 game vs USC. You can get a better idea of how he thinks and processes the info he sees pre and post snap. He also definitely put on a lot more weight now than when this video was done. 

https://www.byutv.org/player/05f018ae-417b-45f8-9c2f-6a1e8516d517/byu-sports-nation-play-by-replay-football---byu-vs-usc-91419

Actually if I’m being honest still better than 80% of the threads here. Good try, you’ll get them next time 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, flgreen said:

Yeah,  here's what I think is going on here. 

A couple of PR screw ups.  I think Douglas did, in excitement, say something to Zack at his Pro Day indicating the Jets were taking him.  He didn't expect to see it in print.  Then Steve Young shot his mouth putting Joe in a tough spot.  

Also we have the idiot Woody Johnson  (PR dept) running around with his little twitter contest.   

There has clearly been a back lash between these two interviews.  Here he is sure he's going to the Jets, the next one he is downplaying it.  

IMO fhis agent has told everyone to shut up.  Now he's over stresse about it, and not saying anything.

I'm 99% sure the Jets ar taking Wilson.  When you watch him in this interview, he was led to believe they were.  

Sure Hope Woody isn't having a PR say in the selection. 

He’s the owner. 

100% he’s involved in such a franchise altering move

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Litez said:

Appreciate  the effort. At least it wasn't  a thread about what happens if Morgan beats out Wilson in camp. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

He’s the owner. 

I'm sure the Johnson's are involved in the process but I pray they let joe have the final say on who the number #2 pick is because the owners have a conflict of interests with Wilson.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, K_O_Brien said:

I remember the video.

I’m sure Sam gave him glowing reviews about the organization, fanbase and media.

Suspicious Monkey GIF by MOODMAN

25 minutes ago, K_O_Brien said:

I remember the video.

FYI Brian Ayrault Is Joe Burrows agent as well. He persuaded Burrow not to do anything stupid with the Bengals so we don't need to worry about Zach.

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, adobolo2 said:

I'm sure the Johnson's are involved in the process but I pray they let joe have the final say on who the number #2 pick is because the owners have a conflict of interests with Wilson.

What's j&j conflict with Wilson? 

43 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

He’s the owner. 

I 100% agree but man how fun and easy would it be for a GM to use him for a smokescreen. It’ll never happen but it would be so perfect. Like telling a secret to someone you know can’t keep it.

”Woody you can’t tell anyone, but we’re taking Travis Etienne with the 23rd pick okay?”

”No worries Joe I got it I got it.”

*Woody proceeds to post a series of videos of Etienne and running backs on Twitter, announces it on an owners conference call, and thinks he’s successfully covered it up*

*Draft night Joe Douglas tells Woody to dial his phone - on the other end*

“Hey, you’ve got Creed.”

*Woody looks befuddled on camera*

• Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, Litez said:

Great video.  You can see at the 32:00 mark, with his recall, and break down of the play why he's going to be an excellent NFL QB

• Upvote 1

Zach Wilson is sitting in the catbird seat; He is either going 2nd to the Jets, 3rd to the 49ers or 4th to the Falcons.  He is assured of being a top 4 pick at the very least.  The rest is really just noise.   As far as the Jets go, whether we take Fields or Wilson, I have great confidence that we will be a great position with either one.  I know folks like to feel that one player will be great and the other will suck, but maybe, just maybe they BOTH turn out to be studs.    I am excited on draft day because we will be drafting a quarterback with elite skills and franchise quarterback potential.  

5 hours ago, JetBlue said:

Zach Wilson is sitting in the catbird seat; He is either going 2nd to the Jets, 3rd to the 49ers or 4th to the Falcons.  He is assured of being a top 4 pick at the very least.  The rest is really just noise.   As far as the Jets go, whether we take Fields or Wilson, I have great confidence that we will be a great position with either one.  I know folks like to feel that one player will be great and the other will suck, but maybe, just maybe they BOTH turn out to be studs.    I am excited on draft day because we will be drafting a quarterback with elite skills and franchise quarterback potential.  

It would be beyond shocking if the Jets did not pick Wilson. I mean them picking him is like higher than 99.5%.

• Upvote 1