Different (Much Better) Zach Wilson Interview Talking About the Jets

Litez

42 minutes ago, long time suffering Jets f said:

It’s more likely than not that Wilson will be the pick but you just never know. JD is the ultimate poker player. He never shows his hand.

Is he?

People keep saying this but I don't know from where it comes.

Last year the entire world knew JD was going Tackle in the first round and WR in the second.  

Everyone in the world knows the Jets are taking ZW except for a handful ofJetNation hold-outs refusing to accept reality.

Yes, there's a possibility he doesn't - because I know certainty freaks you guys out.

• Sympathy 1

37 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

It would be beyond shocking if the Jets did not pick Wilson. I mean them picking him is like higher than 99.5%.

Not saying you are wrong. Just saying it really doesn't matter because it's not like he will fall past the Falcons if the unexpected happened. 

11 hours ago, K_O_Brien said:

I remember the video.

Zach said some nice things about Sam, how he watched Jets games, didn't think the coaching put him in the best environment, how Sam's a great guy and he's sure he will be a success in Carolina, but the Jets are a different now, and one looking to start over as a team and in a good position to do so. 

He probably said too much in truth, but he's a genuine kid and he opened up a little. 

This week, by accident or design, he's a lot more circumspect and guarded. 

Still no way near as guarded as Joe Burrow last year, who never mentioned the 'Cinncinnati Bengals' by name. He referred to the Bengals' as 'them' or 'they'. He'll said he'd play for "whoever drafts me". 

Burrow said at one point, "I do have leverage" and was in contact with Archie Manning pre-draft. He turned down the chance to appear at the Senior Bowl where Cincinnati were coaching. 

Imagine this place if Zach did any of that. Instead we're killing him for the tone of his voice to a non-commital answer. 

The “this QB will doge team X” trope that the media pontificates about every year almost never happens. 83 and 2004. When else?  

It always amazes me how much time people waste yapping about that nonsense.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, football guy said:

I wouldn’t look too much into the media noise. I know there was an article about his hometown begging the Jets not to take him, but for what it’s worth he’s been steadfast in thinking he’d go #2 for a while now

E516C886-1C49-4B79-A9B5-7D2F1784F4E6.jpeg

1) Why on Dec 28 with Sam Darnold still entrenched as the starter and most thinking they would trade down would Zach think he was going to be a Jet?

2) A good follow up would be and how does Zach feel about that possibility? I know from a a like of a tweet by his father that Zach is a Patriots fan.

23 hours ago, Litez said:

Sup everyone, long time viewer of this site. I know the love/hate for Zach Wilson is pretty real on here. Im definitely 1 of the Jet fans that really wants us to draft him. The most recent Zach Wilson BYUSN interview definitely was a little disappointing though to me and a lot of Jets fans as he seemed more tired and disinterested than usual (especially with any Jets mention). But I did want to point out that there was an interview last week that wasnt posted on BYUs youtube. I think it will make everyone feel much better about Zach and him going to the Jets. This was right after the Darnold trade. I didnt see it until last night and I think anyone that had a bad taste would feel better watching this one.

He seemed very excited about being drafted here. I wouldnt doubt it if maybe someone from the NFL made them not post it to their YT like they usually do every week because its pretty apparent hes going to be a Jet after watching. Could also be why he acted the way he did in the most recent interview playing down him going to the Jets because maybe someone got in his ear to not make it so obvious.

EDIT: Ofcourse the Link isnt working now. Searching to see if BYU took it down from their site or not but here is part of the Interview from last week that they posted on BYUs twitter

https://twitter.com/BYUSportsNation/status/1380207365148999687?s=20

Wha Sup!!!!

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 3

59 minutes ago, Jetsbb said:

1) Why on Dec 28 with Sam Darnold still entrenched as the starter and most thinking they would trade down would Zach think he was going to be a Jet?

2) A good follow up would be and how does Zach feel about that possibility? I know from a a like of a tweet by his father that Zach is a Patriots fan.

He was always trading Sam and taking a QB.  As soon as they locked up #2 overall it was the only logical move.  
Not sure when ZW was their guy but the choice was made much earlier than people around here think.   Yes,  they had to do their diligence and make sure he was the guy they think he is - which didn’t seem to culminated until they saw him in person.  

Already seen it. He really seems like a genuinely nice kid. But, yes, let’s start him right away on our team of misfit toys. What can go wrong?

789E3F73-64C8-4B3F-B185-CDF49302E935.gif.9d2f86b2e2da1a426c1390336e24848e.gif
Exactly. Imagine if we started a guy that was a runner and had a very elongated throwing motion and played in a system that had him throw to a designated target not learn how to read defenses.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using JetNation.com mobile app

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, Jetsbb said:

She attributed it to him just being confident, feeling like he was going #2. Wasn’t like he had heard from them yet

21 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

Is he?

People keep saying this but I don't know from where it comes.

Last year the entire world knew JD was going Tackle in the first round and WR in the second.  

Everyone in the world knows the Jets are taking ZW except for a handful ofJetNation hold-outs refusing to accept reality.

Yes, there's a possibility he doesn't - because I know certainty freaks you guys out.

We’ve also heard his strength is building through the draft. We’ve seen little to no evidence of that, certainly a desire to but color me unimpressed at this moment. He seems best at cleaning out the roster and adding picks. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

We’ve also heard his strength is building through the draft. We’ve seen little to no evidence of that, certainly a desire to but color me unimpressed at this moment. He seems best at cleaning out the roster and adding picks. 

I mean, let’s be fair, he’s only had 1 draft, found 4 starters 1 meh RB that LaFleur could make into a valuable player and 2 development/injured guys that could become starters. 

Building connotes over time. Maybe give him, what say, two drafts before we become unimpressed? 

Besides. No Jachai Polites. No Christian Hackenbergs. Who were failures right off the bat. 

Oh crap forgot about Morgan. Ok amend that last point but still. 

1 minute ago, Peace Frog said:

I mean, let’s be fair, he’s only had 1 draft, found 4 starters 1 meh RB that LaFleur could make into a valuable player and 2 development/injured guys that could become starters. 

Building connotes over time. Maybe give him, what say, two drafts before we become unimpressed? 

Besides. No Jachai Polites. No Christian Hackenbergs. Who were failures right off the bat. 

Oh crap forgot about Morgan. Ok amend that last point but still. 

I know that and I’ve said numerous times he needs another draft. But, to say that’s his strength just seems premature at the moment. This draft and this years development of those picks and last years picks will tell the story.

Just now, The Crusher said:

I know that and I’ve said numerous times he needs another draft. But, to say that’s his strength just seems premature at the moment. This draft and this years development of those picks and last years picks will tell the story.

That’s fair too. 

Stop yelling at me!!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, The Crusher said:

I also think if Zuniga and Clarke flame out or if one or the other or both develop we will look at this draft differently. 

8 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

I also think if Zuniga and Clarke flame out or if one or the other or both develop we will look at this draft differently. 

I mean that’s for sure. This abridge pre-season certainly didn’t help. Then you have to figure in the Adam Gase effect on developing players.  So. Good chance some of these guys still pan out, give three years to be fair. 

4 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

I mean that’s for sure. This abridge pre-season certainly didn’t help. Then you have to figure in the Adam Gase effect on developing players.  So. Good chance some of these guys still pan out, give three years to be fair. 

I think the thing that may bite JD in the butt is drafting injured players that are rated way higher than where they ultimately get picked.

He hit IMHO a home run with Bryce Hall--possibly a second round talent in round 5 and he showed it when he got on the field.  

If Zuniga can't get fully on the field or Clark never gets on the field, he threw picks away on oft injured guys.

Mac tried this twice, once it worked with Bless Austin but once it failed miserably with Jeremy Clarke.   

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

I think the thing that may bite JD in the butt is drafting injured players that are rated way higher than where they ultimately get picked.

He hit IMHO a home run with Bryce Hall--possibly a second round talent in round 5 and he showed it when he got on the field.  

If Zuniga can't get fully on the field or Clark never gets on the field, he threw picks away on oft injured guys.

Mac tried this twice, once it worked with Bless Austin but once it failed miserably with Jeremy Clarke.   

Don't think Clark ever had an injury history.  I think he played every game in his 4 years at Charlotte.  Just a small school guy who wasn't ready last year.  Curious to see if he has a role this year.

Macc also did it with Cashman, who has been solid when he has had the chance to play, which has not been all that often due to injury.  

5 minutes ago, Lith said:

Don't think Clark ever had an injury history.  I think he played every game in his 4 years at Charlotte.  Just a small school guy who wasn't ready last year.  Curious to see if he has a role this year.

Macc also did it with Cashman, who has been solid when he has had the chance to play, which has not been all that often due to injury.  

You could be right.  I thought he had an injury history.

But Cashman?  Love the guy but he can't stay on the field.  As a LB, shoulder injuries never seem to heal.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

You could be right.  I thought he had an injury history.

But Cashman?  Love the guy but he can't stay on the field.  As a LB, shoulder injuries never seem to heal.

I agree.  Can't count on him at all.  JD still has some work to do at LB.  Need more than Mosley, Davis and Cashman -- especially given Cashman's injury history and Mosley barely playing for two years.  I would expect a 3 or 4 on an off ball LB in a couple of weeks.