Kalil says something I hope will further my agenda

12 minutes ago, slats said:

He disagrees and you've been a troll here since Jamalcontent got traded. 

Wrong again. Was here before any Jamal trade and yes I was a critic of trading away talent because I’m not so fragile and easily triggered by a 23 year olds Twitter or him dancing on the field. I just want talent

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just another article stating how horrible a decision Gase was... "I had nothing but a positive experience with him," Kalil said of Darnold. "I saw a guy who wanted to be good and didn't take anyt

Ah, yes the waste of 10 million comes out to poop on us.....thanks Kalil for all your input to the Jets team in 2019 https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/former-jets-veteran-predicts-sam-darnold-re

I mean, he wasn't really shading Wilson. He was defending Darnold and shading Gase.

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Devil's Advocate:

Scenario #1:  Gase said "this is the play, you need to go to this guy, run it as I call it", Sam does it, the guy is covered, resulting in an INT.

Scenario #2:  Sam makes an on the fly decision to throw to a covered guy, resulting in an INT.

How do we Fans know which is what actually happened?

Because while we (at least the rational amongst us) can accept that Gase is not a good NFL Head Coach, we (again, the rational amongst us) won't accept that Gase said, throw the ball to this guy on this play no matter what?

• Upvote 4
5 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

Lets hope, at the very least, that Wilson isn't the 2nd worst QB over the next three years when not under pressure, you know, like Sam Darnold was.

Yeah that happens when you are the most pressured QB in the league for 3 years straight and are expecting pressure and have no WRs who seperate.....again this isn't complicated.

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 1
1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

Worst oline the the league.

Worst weapons in the league.

Worst FA signings in the leauge

By FAR the worst coach in the leauge

By Far the worst GM in the league most of his tenure

Crap bust of a 22 year old QB!!!!

Well.  He's got all the weapons he needs now.  And a head coach and OC the Jets fans greatly wanted.  So Sam shouldn't be a bust any more.

• Upvote 3
1 hour ago, kevinc855 said:

Ah, yes the waste of 10 million comes out to poop on us.....thanks Kalil for all your input to the Jets team in 2019

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/former-jets-veteran-predicts-sam-darnold-rebound-says-new-york-didnt-give-sam-a-lot-of-room-to-grow/

"Everybody ooh'd and ahh'd about (Zach Wilson) at BYU's pro day when he rolled out left and threw across to the right," Kalil said, referring to Darnold's presumptive successor in New York. "And it's like, I've seen Sam do that a million times. It's funny, there's game tape of Sam doing that exact thing.

What does have to do with the costs of tea in China? Everyone knows Sam can do that as well. But Wilson will be on a rookie contract, *which has a value of 3 picks* and Zach is way more accurate, has a bigger arm, does not have turnover issues. Wilson over Darnold is a no brainer. And like I said, the value of a rookie contract is basically 3 picks so even in a trade down situation that element is equalized.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
24 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

Because while we (at least the rational amongst us) can accept that Gase is not a good NFL Head Coach, we (again, the rational amongst us) won't accept that Gase said, throw the ball to this guy on this play no matter what?

I'll be honest, I think that is far from a safe presumption on your part.

47 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Devil's Advocate:

Scenario #1:  Gase said "this is the play, you need to go to this guy, run it as I call it", Sam does it, the guy is covered, resulting in an INT.

Scenario #2:  Sam makes an on the fly decision to throw to a covered guy, resulting in an INT.

Sam threw a lot of INTs when he was at USC as well. Are those Gase's fault too?

• Upvote 1
37 minutes ago, undertow said:

Yeah that happens when you are the most pressured QB in the league for 3 years straight and are expecting pressure and have no WRs who seperate.....again this isn't complicated.

It's certainly very simple when you're willing to make any excuse necessary as to why the bad player is actually good.

• Upvote 2
21 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I'll be honest, I think that is far from a safe presumption on your part.

This is why I think fans criticisms of coaches are so incredibly absurd.

Adam Gase doesn't understand that you shouldn't throw to WRs who are in double and triple coverage and Brian Schottenheimer doesn't understand how first downs work.  Ultimately, they make for funny jokes on the internet, but they're positions without a shred of merit.

• Upvote 2
10 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

Absolutely. 

Gase ruined Sam by turning an erratic turnover machine with bad mechanics into . . . an erratic turnover machine with bad mechanics. 

• Haha 3
10 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

I've said it many times.  Year one, and his junior year at USC, those were the Adam Gase Sleeper Cells.

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

What is  your "agenda"?  Are you bashing Wilson? Supporting Darnold? Bashing Gase? Bashing JD? 

I'm sure he doesn't even know by now with all the posts this past 6 months!

9 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

It's certainly very simple when you're willing to make any excuse necessary as to why the bad player is actually good.

Yet everyone on this fan site creamed themselves when we got Sam Darnold after winning a couple of meaningless games that threatened us getting Sam Darnold.

This REALLY isn't that hard to understand: This isn't all on Sam, just like it isn't all on the team.  Sam didn't improve, but he was also put in a bad situation.  

• Upvote 2
46 minutes ago, pdxgreen said:

Well.  He's got all the weapons he needs now.  And a head coach and OC the Jets fans greatly wanted.  So Sam shouldn't be a bust any more.

This is correct, we will know all about the real Darnold by about week 8 of this coming year.

• Upvote 3
9 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

Yet everyone on this fan site creamed themselves when we got Sam Darnold after winning a couple of meaningless games that threatened us getting Sam Darnold.

This REALLY isn't that hard to understand: This isn't all on Sam, just like it isn't all on the team.  Sam didn't improve, but he was also put in a bad situation.  

Players bust.  It's a thing.  Sam's not the 1st high prospect QB to fail and he won't be the last.

• Upvote 1
6 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

Agreed. 

But that's why when people write stuff like "the Jets RUINED Sam Darnold" . . . it's over the top.

Sam had significant flaws in college that were never corrected at the NFL level. Part of that is on Sam and part of that is on the Jets. 

The other thing is that people have completely jumped the shark with the Gase bashing. Sam threw 15 interceptions in 13 starts as a rookie. So, if the Jets truly "ruined" Sam, the "ruining" started well before Gase arrived. 

Obviously, the simplest explanation that fits all of the available data is that Sam was an inherently flawed prospect to begin with who joined one of the worst rosters/organizations in the sport. 

• Upvote 2
1 hour ago, Samtorobby47 said:

Just another article stating how horrible a decision Gase was...

"I had nothing but a positive experience with him," Kalil said of Darnold. "I saw a guy who wanted to be good and didn't take anything for granted. But I just think he was in a system that wasn't beneficial for him. ... It was a system that didn't allow a lot of individual freedom. It was very, 'You do it this way and that's it.' A lot of the scheme was pre-determined based on what they thought they were seeing from the sideline. It didn't give Sam a lot of room to grow, in my opinion, to make decisions on the fly. It worked in some instances, but it handicapped him in the long run."

Incredible how crippling this one man was to our entire franchise. 

I was saying this all of last year.  Gase wishes that he had a video game controller like in Madden so he could move Darnold around the field.  I think his system was rigid and confusing, trying to turn Darnold into a robot.  It explains Darnold's hesitancy and fear of making a mistake, holding the ball, etc.

But look, this ship has sailed.  The Jets completely wasted a valuable resource in Darnold by mismatching him with the wrong coach just as he was emerging from a strong end to his rookie season.  It was crippling to Darnold and the Jets.  It's like not watering a plant for 2 years and wondering why it's wilting.  Let's just hope the Jets have learned their lesson and that they'll create the right environment of coaching and supporting talent for this next guy.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1
2 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

Ah, yes the waste of 10 million comes out to poop on us.....thanks Kalil for all your input to the Jets team in 2019

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/former-jets-veteran-predicts-sam-darnold-rebound-says-new-york-didnt-give-sam-a-lot-of-room-to-grow/

"Everybody ooh'd and ahh'd about (Zach Wilson) at BYU's pro day when he rolled out left and threw across to the right," Kalil said, referring to Darnold's presumptive successor in New York. "And it's like, I've seen Sam do that a million times. It's funny, there's game tape of Sam doing that exact thing.

Who exactly is "us"?

45 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

Nope.  Reminder, btw, that I was one of the very few pointing that fact out BEFORE we drafted Sam, lol. 

I don't need any Jets Homers lecturing me about what I was right about and they were not, lol.  

Point here is this, there IS some unknown/unknowable for fans in terms of assignment of blame.

Sam so far is a bad bust QB. 

Gase is, however, hands down the worst NFL Head Coach I have ever had the displeasure to having had to watch and root for.

Hence why it will be mildly interesting to see if Sam sucks as much in CAR as he did here, under Gase.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1
2 hours ago, Samtorobby47 said:

Just another article stating how horrible a decision Gase was...

"I had nothing but a positive experience with him," Kalil said of Darnold. "I saw a guy who wanted to be good and didn't take anything for granted. But I just think he was in a system that wasn't beneficial for him. ... It was a system that didn't allow a lot of individual freedom. It was very, 'You do it this way and that's it.' A lot of the scheme was pre-determined based on what they thought they were seeing from the sideline. It didn't give Sam a lot of room to grow, in my opinion, to make decisions on the fly. It worked in some instances, but it handicapped him in the long run."

Incredible how crippling this one man was to our entire franchise. 

Tough to understand, I know, because Gase played football himself.....in high school.

Just amazing what a “mark” that Chris Johnson must be, partly due to silver spoon and the other half, not too bright.

First he gets sold on some bum who looks like the “guy at the end of the bar”, a prototype, in a failed Scout in Maccagnan, makes him GM.

Then Gase shows up, I’m sure he didn’t bring “little King of Queens guy” with him to the interviews but if it were me he fooled into hiring him, the second I saw his flunky in tow with him I’d be right away like this...”Oh?!?!?....Wooh, slow down, who is this guy with you?!!?”....then after Gase explains....”Look I’m sorry, there has been mistake, your offer is being withdrawn, if you have a problem with that, call your lawyer”.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1
31 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Agreed. 

But that's why when people write stuff like "the Jets RUINED Sam Darnold" . . . it's over the top.

Sam had significant flaws in college that were never corrected at the NFL level. Part of that is on Sam and part of that is on the Jets. 

The other thing is that people have completely jumped the shark with the Gase bashing. Sam threw 15 interceptions in 13 starts as a rookie. So, if the Jets truly "ruined" Sam, the "ruining" started well before Gase arrived. 

Obviously, the simplest explanation that fits all of the available data is that Sam was an inherently flawed prospect to begin with who joined one of the worst rosters/organizations in the sport. 

And that is fair.  As stated, it isn't all on Sam, and isn't all on the Jets.  This whole mentality of QB's HAVING to play that are drafted so high is seriously flawed thinking.  It isn't 1975.  The best QB's in this league are, 80 percent of the time, guys who sat for a bit.  

But, I am sure we will draft Zach Wilson and trot him out opening day.  Lets hope it worked better than Sam....

So there is no way Wilson would have made those throws at his pro day and risk looking like an idiot unless he makes those in practice on the regular. In a real game he’s probably capable of that in his sleep, but when he’s running for his life and hoisting up Hail Marys in every okay. 

36 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

Players bust.  It's a thing.  Sam's not the 1st high prospect QB to fail and he won't be the last.

Right....but the blame doesn't always fall just on the player.  Teams take players and put them in bad situations.  It has happened for decades and will happen for many more.

2 hours ago, UntouchableCrew said:

I mean, he wasn't really shading Wilson.

He was defending Darnold and shading Gase.

And Darnold deserves to be defended. It amazes me how some fans treat preference of QB prospect as if it's eternal marriage. 

You're allowed to like and engage in more than one QB. It's not adulatory. 

• Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

Right....but the blame doesn't always fall just on the player.  Teams take players and put them in bad situations.  It has happened for decades and will happen for many more.

Sam's situation was an excuse for the fact that the Jets weren't winning, and why perhaps he wasn't a top QB.  It's not a reason why he was the worst QB in the NFL for 3 years, and only 2nd worst over that time period when not under pressure.

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

Devil's Advocate:

fair point but i would think any QB that would be in that grave a situation would defy the dumb coach and run the show. And if it got him benched, just tell the media. And thats on Sam!

Leadership means you make the call, not go over the edge like a lemming

2 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

fair point but i would think any QB that would be in that grave a situation would defy the dumb coach and run the show. And if it got him benched, just tell the media. And thats on Sam!

Leadership means you make the call, not go over the edge like a lemming

While I don't disagree, I think that's asking alot of a 2nd year "always do and say the right thing" 22-23 year old kid.

Like I said, it makes watching both Gase (lol) and Sam going forward at least of interest.

I fully expect Sam will improve, but continue to be a generally inaccurate, turnover prone QB.  It's who he is.

Gase, I hope will never see an NFL sideline in ANY form ever again.  That is how bad I think he actually is.  

• Upvote 1