Jump to content

Recommended Posts

17 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Could we have kippers for breakfast mummy dear mummy dear?

Just letting you know that someone got it.  One of my all time favorite albums.

SAR I

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Jet2020 said:

Umm, no. The other one was the burner. This is the original. 

i dont get the whole burner account thing. why have one? 

do you use it to say or post things that can might get you banned? ,,, people say... hey that john doe guy is a real jerk. i hope he gets banned for life...

and your regular account to be cool.... hey that jets2020 guy is cool, we always have good respectful debates....

sorry just trying to figure out why someone would need 2 accounts and thats the best i could come up with. not saying thats why you do it.

 

 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, TokyoJetsFan said:

nyj.png?w=110&h=110&transparent=true

2. New York Jets

Zach Wilson, QB, BYU

I said last month that I was 50-50 on whether the Jets should keep Sam Darnold or take a quarterback here, and general manager Joe Douglas and coach Robert Saleh made their decision last week. Darnold is off to Carolina, and so this pick is clearly going to be a quarterback. I have Ohio State's Justin Fieldsjust ahead of Wilson in my rankings, but Wilson is the name I've consistently heard for New York. He can be a star with the right talent around him, but the Jets have to add another pass-catcher at some point, even after adding Corey Davis and Keelan Cole Sr. in free agency.
 

nyj.png?w=110&h=110&transparent=true

23. New York Jets (from SEA)

Greg Newsome II, CB, Northwestern

The Jets are a tough team to predict, and their defense could use an overhaul; you know new coach Robert Saleh wants a chance to reshape the side of the ball he coaches with a prime pick. Newsome has been a riser over the past month; his 2020 tape is phenomenal, and he had a great pro day workout. He fits well with what Saleh wants in his corners. Newsome is the last of four cornerbacks who I think are likely to go in Round 1.

nyj.png&h=110&w=110

34. New York Jets

Travis Etienne, RB, Clemson

Etienne is a home run hitter and all-around back, and like Toney at No. 33, he'd help the rookie signal-caller. Etienne had 588 receiving yards last season. This finishes out the Jets' projected two-round class with a quarterback, cornerback and running back. Edge rusher is another possibility.

 

I wouldn't hate that mock, but it would be better if we could trade down a few picks with either the 23rd or 34th picks and add another pick or two.   We really need to address the OL and if we make that trade down, it is a very real possibility we could still come away with these same two players.  Come on JD, work your magic! 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, JetBlue said:

I wouldn't hate that mock, but it would be better if we could trade down a few picks with either the 23rd or 34th picks and add another pick or two.   We really need to address the OL and if we make that trade down, it is a very real possibility we could still come away with these same two players.  Come on JD, work your magic! 

I don’t think JD has it in him to stay put at 23 & 34.  He’s too much of a value monster. Also mid/late first round and second pick second round could be sweet spot trading locations fir non QB needy teams. If I had to bet we trade the second round pick with JD having overnight to work out something good with teams wanting unexpected players who fell.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, doitny said:

i dont get the whole burner account thing. why have one? 

do you use it to say or post things that can might get you banned? ,,, people say... hey that john doe guy is a real jerk. i hope he gets banned for life...

and your regular account to be cool.... hey that jets2020 guy is cool, we always have good respectful debates....

sorry just trying to figure out why someone would need 2 accounts and thats the best i could come up with. not saying thats why you do it.

 

 

Beats me bro. My burner accounts got banned years ago when I was defending Sanchez in the Sanchez vs Geno debates. To be fair, anyone defending otherwise should’ve also been banned. We could’ve started JN with a clean slate. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RutgersJetFan said:

One great way to view that mock would be getting a ******* job.

Would you employ somebody you knew paid for ESPN+? I know some people who have included for like a year in some sort of package

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, TokyoJetsFan said:

I don’t think JD has it in him to stay put at 23 & 34.  He’s too much of a value monster. Also mid/late first round and second pick second round could be sweet spot trading locations fir non QB needy teams. If I had to bet we trade the second round pick with JD having overnight to work out something good with teams wanting unexpected players who fell.

I must agree with you.  I have done about 50 mock draft simulations, and the only way I see JD staying at #23 and #34 is if one of the premier wide receivers and offensive tackles are at 23 and 34.  If not, then he will trade down for an extra pick if he can pick up a lower second round pick and an extra third round pick this year with #34, or an extra 2nd round pick this year and 2022 2nd round pick as well, assuming the Jets trade down by 10 -15 spots at #23.

To me, the real question is if one of the premier edge rushers is at #23, will he take one?  That is really the only question I have, since in so many of the simulations I have done, in many of them, either Paye or Rousseau may be there at #23.  If he takes one of them, then he must pick up the best value at either Wide Receiver or Tackle at #34.  If he gets a receiver, then you can expect JD to draft at least (2) two interior offensive linemen in rounds 3-5.

  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Alka said:

To me, the real question is if one of the premier edge rushers is at #23, will he take one? 

There are no premier pass rushers in this year’s draft. The #23 pick will either be traded, like you said, or used to draft one of the top OTs if they drop down. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Alka said:

I must agree with you.  I have done about 50 mock draft simulations, and the only way I see JD staying at #23 and #34 is if one of the premier wide receivers and offensive tackles are at 23 and 34.  If not, then he will trade down for an extra pick if he can pick up a lower second round pick and an extra third round pick this year with #34, or an extra 2nd round pick this year and 2022 2nd round pick as well, assuming the Jets trade down by 10 -15 spots at #23.

To me, the real question is if one of the premier edge rushers is at #23, will he take one?  That is really the only question I have, since in so many of the simulations I have done, in many of them, either Paye or Rousseau may be there at #23.  If he takes one of them, then he must pick up the best value at either Wide Receiver or Tackle at #34.  If he gets a receiver, then you can expect JD to draft at least (2) two interior offensive linemen in rounds 3-5.

I know the Jets have a lot of holes to fill, but with a trade down the water becomes more murky as you’re trying to get a talented player. Take OL for instance. I would rather see JD trade up and take a premiere OL. A tandem of Slater and Becton would look pretty sweet.

  • Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, long time suffering Jets f said:

I know the Jets have a lot of holes to fill, but with a trade down the water becomes more murky as you’re trying to get a talented player. Take OL for instance. I would rather see JD trade up and take a premiere OL. A tandem of Slater and Becton would look pretty sweet.

On paper sure but there were several OL who went in the second and third rounds last year who became starters and looked very good.  No need to move up.  Just stay put or trade back; this is a very deep draft for OL including OG and OTs and should several to choose from in the second and third rounds. 

  • Upvote 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



×
×
  • Create New...