How Jamal Adams did the Jets a huge favor, and understanding the real folly of Sam Darnold

41 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Adams biggest favor to us was his constant grandstanding that actually sucked most of the league into thinking he was some huge difference maker.  Seattle should have known better.

I think the rest of the league had Jamal figured out as a selfish loud mouth who wasn't near as good as he claimed. Only Pete Carroll in a desperate reach to make one last run at a SB was willing to give away the farm for what Pete thought was going to be piece to return his defense to dominate status.

5 hours ago, Alka said:

i agree, it's all about the Benjamins!  I will be shocked if Leonard Williams played anything like he did last year, now that he got his contract.

A lot of people overlook that Williams had SIX sacks over 2 games last year (cowboys and eagles games). I don’t see him getting 10+ sacks this coming season. 

6 hours ago, Alka said:

Jamal Adams is in his final year of his contract, and to date, no contract has been signed, and if one has been offered, no one associated with the Seahawks or Adams has spoken about it.  Jamal doesn't want to be paid as a safety, for if he did, I suspect that a 4 year deal would have already been offered and accepted by now.

We know several things:  1. The highest paid safety is around $16.5 M per year, and Jamal wants more than that (guessing around 20M per year)  2. The Seahawks can keep Adams in the final year of his contract, and then franchise him in 2022 around $14M per year. 3. We also believe that Jamal will never accept that scenario. 

So why haven't the Seahawks signed Jamal yet?  It seems to me that they are not convinced that Jamal is worth the $20M per year that everyone believes he will want.  Jamal screwed himself by not getting the best deal he could with the Jets, and now he must have a stiff upper lip if he doesn't want to admit that he made a big mistake by forcing himself out of town.

If Jamal didn't run himself out of Dodge here with the Jets, I must believe that the Jets would have already signed Jamal to a deal of around $17M per year for 4 years.  He would have been the highest paid safety in the league, and the Jets would not have the ability to fill in a much needed hole with the 23rd pick of this years draft, a much needed pick in 2022, and of course a 3rd round pick this year.

Now, Sam Darnold.  After thinking about this for a long time, I don't believe the Jets real mistake was in drafting Darnold.  He was highly touted by so many teams, and he would have never made it out of the top 7 spots if the Jets never drafted him.  

The real folly of the Jets was in not staying put at the #6 slot of the draft.  If the Jets are going to move up 3 spots from #6 to #3, then you must be right!  If Darnold was there at #6, I would have no problem with the pick.  But, by giving up three (3) second round draft picks, you are mortgaging away the future of this team if you are wrong with the pick at #3.  

As I have read recently, Billy Bean had 5 rules, and one of them I will paraphrase:  He said something like, it is easier to recover from not making a move, then it is for making a move and the price you must pay to make that move.  I'm sorry, but that is not exactly what he said, but I love the sentiment in it.

If the Jets didn't pay the additional price to get Darnold, then it would be easier when he didn't pan out.  The Jets would have (3) three second round players who hopefully would all be starters on this team, and only 3 years into their careers, all players under the age of 26 going into 2021 season.

That to me is the biggest mistake the Jets made with Darnold.

Not if Mac was making those picks. They'd be journeyman by now.

35 minutes ago, Big_Slick said:

I think the rest of the league had Jamal figured out as a selfish loud mouth who wasn't near as good as he claimed. Only Pete Carroll in a desperate reach to make one last run at a SB was willing to give away the farm for what Pete thought was going to be piece to return his defense to dominate status.

Oh I don't know the national media are still totally sucked in on this one. 

I think you are right a out Carroll though, i think he was the big initiative and viewing a return of the legion of boom

3 hours ago, docdhc said:

Not only that they might have settled with Picking Josh Allen at 6

No, Macc would have taken Rosen at 6 if Darnold hadn’t been there.  Macc flew to the west coast for Rosen’s pro day, and all rumors suggested he was ahead of Allen on Macc’s board.

• Upvote 1

That fool Jamal Adams is the epitome of everything wrong with The modern-day NFL athlete. Selfish me child, and little boy gifted with Talent yet no humility.

Anybody notice the current trend of nobody showing up for involuntary workouts? It's not because of covid it's because all they care about is getting "paid" doing as little as possible. I call that lazy. I think it's sad because usually when a person has exceptional talent, they can't help but want to be the best and they would actually do it for free. 

Dudes these days are way too caught up in their brand, and taking care of each other on the field. Funny that these are the same guys who are constantly telling you that they're blessed LOL. Yeah you're blessed to run some BS story that you had a hip pointer that kept you out for a year-and-a-half while you still got paid? I question your character. Lots of guys don't have any of that these days.

Onto Sam Darnold. Now this poor bastard got eaten alive plain and simple. It definitely wasn't Sam's fault. Basically this guy was drafted when this organization had overlapping GM's and coaches and owners all at the same time and he was only 20 years old. Nobody could have survived that. Sam was a victim of a hostile takeover. Everything had to be gutted and sorted out all over again.

Anyway I hope Sam is successful as he has carried himself with class and tried to do the right thing through all of this.

Jamal Adams on the other hand, I hope somebody leaks a pic of his tiny little penis and he's humiliated and embarrassed. He's a prick and he completely deserves it. Look at me! Look at me! I'm the Prez!

Does this fool realize that he got completely outplayed by a guy that was taken a round after him his rookie year?

Jamal I'm glad you're gone you douchebag. It's funny watching your life suck after you ran your mouth. Sorry I just had some hostile s*** that I needed to vent and get off my chest.

I'm the prez! Look at my diamond earrings! What a douchebag. 

7 hours ago, varjet said:

Jamal Adams will play like a man possessed this season.  He will basically play the role he and Keanu Neal invented.   He will be an All Pro.

Some team will pay him alot of money.   Hopefully Seattle FT's him.  

That is not because I like him personally or as a player.  It is because I think I know what motivates guys like him, and Leonard Williams.

I don't see Leo making the Pro Bowl this year.  He will get Gettleman fired.  He should have gotten Gettleman fired before.  

And as a lawyer, JD messed up that trade contract my not getting a better pick if he signed with the Giants anyway. 

Stop your infatuation with Jamal and check his stats out. Facts not fiction. The following is a post from another user which is based on FACTS!!!

Your reminder of the following Jamal Adams stats from the 2020 season:

• 0 INT's
  • 3 Passes Deflected
  • 59 Solo Tackles
  • 1 Forced Fumble
  • Completion % allowed:  78.3 (25th worst of any defensive player in the NFL)
  • Yards per target allowed:  9.5 (33rd worst)
  • QB Rating against:  106.3 (91st worst)

And keep in mind that his 9.5 sacks this season required 98 blitz attempts, 7th most in the NFL.  For comparison purposes, T.J. Watt blitzed 97 times, but got 15.0 Sacks.  Watt also had 1 INT and 7 Pass Deflections, plus 2 Forced Fumbles.

And unlike Watt, when Adams failed to get to the QB, he left the secondary position he was leaving exposed.  Hence a big reason why the Seattle defense allowed the 2nd most pass yards and tied for the most passing first downs allowed in the league this year.  

Two firsts and a 3rd, baby!  Pay that man his $18M per!

• Upvote 1
3 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Adams biggest favor to us was his constant grandstanding that actually sucked most of the league into thinking he was some huge difference maker.  Seattle should have known better.

It is amazing how deadly silent the Jamal apologists on this board have become.

Not sure what's worse.  The false Adams-narrative here or the false Darnold-narrative?  We don't even have the nutty false-Gase narrative anymore to laugh at.

10 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Oh I don't know the national media are still totally sucked in on this one. 

I think you are right a out Carroll though, i think he was the big initiative and viewing a return of the legion of boom

Yep, Jamal had the media eating out of his hands but the GM's knew he wasn't worth what he was demanding. All except Carroll.

Jamal Adams will be the next Jadeveon Clowney.  He will bounce around the NFL on one year deals at way less than he ever thought he would be worth.  And I love it!!

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
18 hours ago, Kolchak said:

It really does.  Players just use the Jets to bump up the asking price. 

It's been that way since Rex.  One year we hjad some respect was Bowles 1st season. Then they realized he was a fraud as well. 

JD knew he was trading Adams since Jamal went over his head to CJ during the last trade deadline. He just waited for the right deal while letting Jamal simmer in his own juices and act the fool. 

JD is not going to allow anyone to disrupt the power structure and culture he's installing here. Jamal can't catch by the way. 

1 hour ago, DJF71 said:

Jamal Adams will be the next Jadeveon Clowney.  He will bounce around the NFL on one year deals at way less than he ever thought he would be worth.  And I love it!!

Clowney is making good money at that.  So is Sheldon R.  Those are not the players you draft on rd 1

Why are we still talking about this fat mouth? The only thing close to this that I can think of as to another fan base is how Buffalo Bills fans still talk about that missed field goal by Scott Norwood. The difference is, they were in the Super Bowl. Four times times. IN A ROW.