2-14 Jets opt out of OTA's

Matt39

1 minute ago, johnnysd said:

fuuckking veterans want nothing more than to screw over the young players...agents need to tell their rookie contract guys to attend. The people that hold power in the NFLPA represent the smallest portion of their members.

I heard Boomer talk about it this AM. He said it screws over young guys that have workout bonuses tied into their contract (like 100k). And these are the players that might only be around for 3,4 years and not make 40 mil. 

Additionally, he was pissed at the NFLPA because he said its a typical move that doesn't hurt the owners but its own memebers and really is poor posturing.  

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, bgivs21 said:

I heard Boomer talk about it this AM. He said it screws over young guys that have workout bonuses tied into their contract (like 100k). And these are the players that might only be around for 3,4 years and not make 40 mil. 

Additionally, he was pissed at the NFLPA because he said its a typical move that doesn't hurt the owners but its own memebers and really is poor posturing.  

I don’t get it. If it’s an anti vax stance then the league has a huge problems on its hands. 

• Upvote 2
  • WTF? 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, Matt39 said:

I don’t get it. If it’s an anti vax stance then the league has a huge problems on its hands. 

It's definitely not, it's more posturing by the NFLPA. 

But idk how not taking the vaccine would be an issue for the NFL. They just played a whole season with very few issues.

• Upvote 2

42 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

"Many of us will... " 

We'll see what that looks like. I can't imagine too many players fighting for a starting job or roster spot might be sitting out, on the other hand Maye & Mosley are like we'll see you when we have to. Be interesting to see what a guy like Becton does. 

• Upvote 1

so much for changing the player culture.  it's pretty ridiculous when players stay out especially since they have a whole new coach to start getting to know.  and it's not like the old days when players had to get jobs in the off season because the game didn't pay much.  these guys are paid like they're full time employees, they should act like it.

• Upvote 1

Just now, kdels62 said:

Considering I’ve been working serving coffee for people throughout the pandemic I’m cool with workers utilizing their collectively bargained power. 

That is not the point.

The point is that in many cases many people simply cannot make this choice.

Just one more divide between the entitled and the non entitled.

The same guys choosing no to prep for a football season will be the first ones grabbing a hammy and being out for a month because they are not actually ready to play real games.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

33 minutes ago, Barkus said:

I'll believe that when he makes it through four quarters of a single game. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Beerfish said:

That is not the point.

The point is that in many cases many people simply cannot make this choice.

Just one more divide between the entitled and the non entitled.

The same guys choosing no to prep for a football season will be the first ones grabbing a hammy and being out for a month because they are not actually ready to play real games.

My point is: don’t pretend to care about the server that’s working for minimum wage just to bring down another profession. 

Those entitled guys are 1 wrong step away from losing their jobs forever, or one bad Covid reaction away from having to sit out a year, or losing effectiveness and getting cut while they recover. They can do whatever they want with their voluntary workout because it’s voluntary. The entitled players have no effect on the ground level and first line workers, if you really have a problem there then go have a complex economic and social conversation about politics somewhere else. 

• Upvote 5
  • Thumb Down 1

11 minutes ago, rangerous said:

so much for changing the player culture.  it's pretty ridiculous when players stay out especially since they have a whole new coach to start getting to know.  and it's not like the old days when players had to get jobs in the off season because the game didn't pay much.  these guys are paid like they're full time employees, they should act like it.

There is like 12 teams that have announced this. This has nothing to do with "culture", it's a union driven decision. 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1