• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

C.J. Mosley approves.

anyone who opts out should be on the cut list 

Yet the Dunkin donut lady has been working nonstop since this started.  All grandparents and immunocompromised have been vaccinated by now, smh at these lazy entitled snowflakes

Posted Images

I'm not going to get bent out of shape over voluntary practices.  However, with a new Head Coach, new coordinators on both sides of the ball, and new systems, you'd like to see a decent participation rate even among veterans.  After last year's disaster, I would say the Jets can use all the training they can get.

Covid is absolutely being used as an excuse in this case.  This is all about power and money.  I really hope the next CBA does away with this voluntary workout nonsense.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, docdhc said:

Yes I’m sure you do extra work for free all the time. I’m sure you work because of dedication to others not because of the lifestyle it provides. They get paid handsomely because their work is so interesting that people like you pay to watch them. It’s called generating income. It’s what the market dictates. I guess you don’t support a free market unless it’s making you as rich as you always purport to be. You think they don’t work hard enough for the pay they make?  Don’t support them by buying season tickets. Don’t watch movies or listen to music either. Those people make a lot of money too. 

Nice deflection.  

It’s their job.  Get vaccinated and get back to work. 

SAR I

• Upvote 1
3 hours ago, rangerous said:

that's too easy.  aren't the players the union?  sounds like they better get some new leadership.

The players belong to the Union, they aren't the Union

4 hours ago, Matt39 said:

In all seriousness you can’t be talking all gas and then have this happen. 

All gas no vaccine.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
2 hours ago, SAR I said:

If you paid me $3M to go to a few light practices and I was in the lowest risk group and had access to a vaccine with a 100% success rate against severe sickness and death, yeah, they should get their asses to work.

And they don't "put their bodies on the line" for nothing; they are paid very handsomely for this.  They know the physical risks of the sport.  They accept them.  Not because of dedication to fans.  Because they're greedy.

SAR I

They don't get paid for the "voluntary" workouts unless it's in their contract and tied to a workout bonus. In that case, if they don't go they won't be getting paid. So tell me again about them being greedy...

1 hour ago, Matt39 said:

What constitutes working hard? Staying in shape? Firemen stay in shape too. The professional athlete at this point is playing with fire. Fans wont be around forever if the player resentment continues to grow.  Legit baffling these guys think this is a good look.

It's voluntary! Wtf is wrong with some of you? If I asked you to volunteer at a homeless shelter on Saturday and you say no does that mean your selfish and lazy?

I love you guys who are sitting home on Sundays knocking back 6 beers, 2 dozen wings with blue cheese stains on $150 Jerseys judging these guys. All of this while you’re all creaming your pants over meeting them at a meet & greet in some mall so they can sign that same $150 jersey. But they're the lazy ones? 

And the players want it fully virtual. The teams already agreed to have the first 4 weeks be virtual but then the players would have to go in. The problem with that is the nfl REMOVED ALL Covid guidelines for teams. The players asked for those guidelines to be reinstated or for it to be fully virtual. The league denied the request. This is on the NFL,  not the players. 

7 hours ago, Spoot-Face said:

Great, just now how do they expect to improve to 3-13 now??!!!!

Trade 5 first round picks for Deshaun Watson and watch those 4 wins come rolling in

• Haha 1
6 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I think it’s weird how averse to practice and OTAs the players generally are. I’m sympathetic towards them with a lot of the physical demands, but you’re asking these dudes to show up, watch film with your teammates, and go half-speed through some plays. On the other hand, it’s rare that you hear about guys showing up to camp out of shape anymore. It seems like that used to be more of a thing, where dudes were fat and puking the first week of practices.

To be fair, we showed last year that we are pretty well practised at going half-speed through plays 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
8 hours ago, Gibby said:

Holy sh*t! You found a picture of him in uniform on the sidelines!! He’s only done that for three quarters in two years. You’d have just as much luck of snapping a picture of a leprechaun.

The lesser spotted Mosley is much rarer than a mere Leprechaun.

3 hours ago, SAR I said:

Nice deflection.  

It’s their job.  Get vaccinated and get back to work. 

SAR I

It’s down to them mostly not getting paid for work outs. I guarantee if they got paid for OTA’s they all would be there. It’s about $ not safety.

• Upvote 1
7 hours ago, choon328 said:

The players belong to the Union, they aren't the Union

last time i looked the players vote for their union representatives.  if they want to change things they can by voting in new leadership.  happens all the time.

7 hours ago, choon328 said:

It's voluntary! Wtf is wrong with some of you? If I asked you to volunteer at a homeless shelter on Saturday and you say no does that mean your selfish and lazy?

I love you guys who are sitting home on Sundays knocking back 6 beers, 2 dozen wings with blue cheese stains on $150 Jerseys judging these guys. All of this while you’re all creaming your pants over meeting them at a meet & greet in some mall so they can sign that same $150 jersey. But they're the lazy ones? 

And the players want it fully virtual. The teams already agreed to have the first 4 weeks be virtual but then the players would have to go in. The problem with that is the nfl REMOVED ALL Covid guidelines for teams. The players asked for those guidelines to be reinstated or for it to be fully virtual. The league denied the request. This is on the NFL,  not the players. 

Come on man I don’t buy jerseys anymore. I’m 30 plus.

14 hours ago, Matt39 said:

I don’t get it. If it’s an anti vax stance then the league has a huge problems on its hands. 

I don't know who is a bigger idiot......DeMaurice Smith or Rob Manfred.

5 hours ago, BurnleyJet said:

It’s down to them mostly not getting paid for work outs. I guarantee if they got paid for OTA’s they all would be there. It’s about $ not safety.

For sure, it’s always about the money. The are hiding behind the Covid exucse. Pathetic.

• Upvote 1
14 hours ago, johnnysd said:

fuuckking veterans want nothing more than to screw over the young players...agents need to tell their rookie contract guys to attend. The people that hold power in the NFLPA represent the smallest portion of their members.

i.e. like every Union?

In any event, is what it is, there will likely be no in-person, non-mandatory work this offseason.

Mandatory Mincamp, Rookie Camp and Preseason will happen, not much else.

8 hours ago, choon328 said:

I couldnt agree more.  There are already multiple teams whose players are doing this.  Is it likely an excuse, yea it is, but how do we know which guys want to go to volunteer workouts and which dont?  These guys have their bodies destroyed all season, just got a 17th game added and dont want additional workouts, why is everyone here so quick to judge?

If you paid me $3M to go to a few light practices and I was in the lowest risk group and had access to a vaccine with a 100% success rate against severe sickness and death, yeah, they should get their asses to work.
And they don't "put their bodies on the line" for nothing; they are paid very handsomely for this.  They know the physical risks of the sport.  They accept them.  Not because of dedication to fans.  Because they're greedy.
SAR I

At no point does the post you responded to says their put their bodies on the line for nothing.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

The union wants COVID-19 guidelines set.  Not so much for players but for everyone associated with teams.  This is the union flexing its muscles to the NFL to get something real in place.  Its OTAs and more show than anything

The NFL in a memo to the NFLPA and the players:

Injuries sustained while working out away from the club facility, without authorization by club staff, will be considered a non-football injury for which a club will not be responsible for the player’s compensation or other benefits.

Like Chris Simms said this week, when one of these dudes tears an ACL running on some sh*tty H.S. football field and the team tells them to pay for their own surgery...and oh by the way, you contract money is voided this year....players might have a change of heart.

15 hours ago, johnnysd said:

fuuckking veterans want nothing more than to screw over the young players...agents need to tell their rookie contract guys to attend. The people that hold power in the NFLPA represent the smallest portion of their members.

Jimmy Approves This Post👍

Screenshot_20210417-091040_Chrome.jpg

10 hours ago, Matt39 said:

What constitutes working hard? Staying in shape? Firemen stay in shape too. The professional athlete at this point is playing with fire. Fans wont be around forever if the player resentment continues to grow.  Legit baffling these guys think this is a good look.

Firefighters should be paid more, yes. 

What's your point? 

• Upvote 1
14 hours ago, choon328 said:

So this is "voluntary" mini camp we're talking about. The veterans feel as though they can get the same teaching and experience over zoom as they do in person with no pads on. And to them, last year confirmed that. The Cowboys use bonuses tied to these voluntary workouts to increase turnout. It'll be interesting to see who shows up for them. 

Part of the issue is the NFL has rolled back Covid protocols and has not yet set any new Covid guidelines for teams for the voluntary workouts. 

Players are not "opting out" since it's not mandatory. All they're doing is making it public to try to force the owners hands. There is nothing to see here. If you're angry about this then you're just bored. 

And since it's "voluntary" they don't need a reason to not show up.  Using an issue that has been a legitimate problem for many people and pretending it's a problem for you just to "force the owner's hand" is not a good look at all . . .

I get it..

Last May we made it very clear to our folks that anyone not returning to work after 5 days would be terminated for job abandonment.

Out of 2,000 and change people we only had 5 that were terminated.

Then again, we could comply with all social distancing and cleanliness requirements and still allow them to work remotely according to schedules approved by their Managers.

I do not think it is possible to protect football players in the way we can secure normal work places.

Plus, the NFL is not dealing with people who have above average intelligence and common sense either.

1 hour ago, Gramsci said:

Firefighters should be paid more, yes. 

What's your point? 

Yes, they should. 

Leveraging covid to get out of practice, especially a team who has unwatchable last season...just not great. New coach, new system...all gas, and nah were good?

• Upvote 1
10 hours ago, choon328 said:

6 beers that's obviously an amateur. $150 jerseys thats the real fake ones an authentic on field sewn on numbers and letters runs around $240 and a flea market knock-off $40. 

2 hours ago, IndianaJet said:

The NFL in a memo to the NFLPA and the players:

Like Chris Simms said this week, when one of these dudes tears an ACL running on some sh*tty H.S. football field and the team tells them to pay for their own surgery...and oh by the way, you contract money is voided this year....players might have a change of heart.

The nfl will have a hard time enforcing this unless it is already in a players contract since there are activities in players contracts that are deemed too risky and they aren't allowed to do. Since that's in the contract and working out on your own is expected every off season a good lawyer will shred them in court.  You can't tie weight incentives and bonuses to a players contract and then not expect them to train in the offseason to hit those goals. And OTA's are still considered the offseason bc they're voluntary and players don't start getting paid till week 1 of the nfl season. 

1 hour ago, OCCH23 said:

And since it's "voluntary" they don't need a reason to not show up.  Using an issue that has been a legitimate problem for many people and pretending it's a problem for you just to "force the owner's hand" is not a good look at all . . .

Yes, fighting for workplace safety is not a good look. Got it

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

The NFL needs to change its  policies the workouts should be mandatory. 

Its simple show up for work get paid, don't show up don't get paid and stand the chance of losing your job. 

Like the real world. 

17 hours ago, bgivs21 said:

I heard Boomer talk about it this AM. He said it screws over young guys that have workout bonuses tied into their contract (like 100k). And these are the players that might only be around for 3,4 years and not make 40 mil. 

Additionally, he was pissed at the NFLPA because he said its a typical move that doesn't hurt the owners but its own memebers and really is poor posturing.  

You'd think these guys should all be getting vaccinated. NY has been allowing anybody any age to get the vaccine for 2-3 weeks now so get the 1st shot then a month later the 2nd. Then 2 weeks after that maybe by end of May the players should be able to start and participate in offseason workouts. Not sure in NJ but maybe they should still be able to do that there.

6 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

The NFL needs to change its  policies the workouts should be mandatory. 

Its simple show up for work get paid, don't show up don't get paid and stand the chance of losing your job. 

Like the real world. 

It’s not a policy, it’s collectively bargained. 

Sucks but that’s what the players bargained for. 

• Upvote 1