Greatest Rock Love Songs ever

12 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

A goddess.  My depiction of the perfect beauty in a woman.  

Her face is ethereal.  The eyes, mouth, smile....  And her skin tone makes me insane.  It's like the gods crafted Hoffs out of gold and amber.  Still looks and sounds pretty amazing today.  This is from a few days ago.

20 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

Ladies & Gentleman..... the late, great SRV

SRV is in my top 5 artists all time but what the hell was he complaining about here?  He obviously cheated on her and now her leaving him is a "cold shot"? Sorry doesn't fix the lamp.  

I really meant I was sorry
For ever causing you pain
You showed your appreciation
By walking out anyway

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Her face is ethereal.  The eyes, mouth, smile....  And her skin tone makes me insane.  It's like the gods crafted Hoffs out of gold and amber.  Still looks and sounds pretty amazing today.  This is from a few days ago.

Her video of Eternal Flame is when I fell in love.  Can't post it.  Not rock.  But you know.  

• Upvote 1

Last one from me.  At least for this minute.  I love these threads.  Gets me thinking of so many great songs in my music "files".  

I LOVE Chrissie Hynde and the Pretenders.  She rocks her ubiquitous Telecaster (Melody Maker in the video below) HARD.  And one of rock's best vocalists for sure.  Put this rocker here just for this part of the song's lyrics:

Me and you, every night, every day
We'll be together always this way
Your eyes are blue like the heavens above
Talk to me darlin' with a message of love

EDIT:  Switched the video to a lip synched version just to look at a young Chrissie.  Hot and a badass.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

I get it but...come on.  That dude was crazy.  And after he finally won her--Oh-- he cheated on her and she left HIM!!!

Clapton is a guitar great.  But also a serial philanderer.  Good for Patti for giving that dope the boot.

Speaking of Clapton, love this love song from his first solo record.

1 hour ago, Peace Frog said:

SRV is in my top 5 artists all time but what the hell was he complaining about here?  He obviously cheated on her and now her leaving him is a "cold shot"? Sorry doesn't fix the lamp.  

I really meant I was sorry
For ever causing you pain
You showed your appreciation
By walking out anyway

In my top 3 if not #1 overall..... it’s splitting of hairs!

He went to a different level after becoming clean & sober. I cried the night he died. It would have been Clapton if they hadn’t switched flights. So much great music lost that night!

• Sympathy 1

14 minutes ago, CSNY said:

No doubt Clapton was a real douche doing that to his best  friend Harrison. But it is undeniable she was hot hot hot. 

Look at the three shot image above of Patti, especially the middle one.   Tell me she is not a dead ringer for Taylor Swift.  My wife just pointed that out to me.  Wow.

7 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Clapton is a guitar great.  But also a serial philanderer.  Good for Patti for giving that dope the boot.

Speaking of Clapton, love this love song from his first solo record.

Good song but the best one on that album to me is Let it Rain. The guitar lead by Clapton is great but that bass line throughout makes the song. But my opinion might be a weeee bit biased cause the bass line is being played by Stills who is my favorite musician of all time 

7 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Look at the three shot image above of Patti, especially the middle one.   Tell me she is not a dead ringer for Taylor Swift.  My wife just pointed that out to me.  Wow.

Maybe a little but Patti had a smoking body. Would put pictures up but unable to since I am basically computer illiterate 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, CSNY said:

Good song but the best one on that album to me is Let it Rain. The guitar lead by Clapton is great but that bass line throughout makes the song. But my opinion might be a weeee bit biased cause the bass line is being played by Stills who is my favorite musician of all time 

Not going to argue "Let it Rain" at all.  "Easy Now" just popped into my head.  "LIR" is one of my favorite songs in the Clapton catalog.  Iconic opening sequence and gorgeous lyrics.

Think I may have posted Clapton's original demo version of the song, "She Rides",  with the Stills reference, somewhere in the other music thread.   I believe the finished version (the one we know as "LIR") is better.  But there is something special in the demo, too.  Fantastic, non-traditional, bass part by Mr. Stills, one of rock's geniuses IMO.    Also, gorgeous lead guitar overdubs in the tune which still give me goose bumps. Stellar playing.

• Sympathy 1

14 hours ago, munchmemory said:

I was a teenager in 1979 and I saw Steve Miller in his recording studio in Seattle.   LONG STORY on how it happened BUT I was in our marching band and we went to a Seattle competition and our practice tape got destroyed and the band leader parent asked where is the best place I can get this fixed. The hotel recommended this studio.   I went along for the ride.  It was the studio where Heart and Steve Miller record.  he was there that day....  I saw him briefly through a window.  

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1