Last time we had 3 draft picks in top forty

6 minutes ago, K_O_Brien said:

To be fair, other than Hopkins, Ertz and Kelce, 2013 wasn't the greatest draft. And if we were taking a tight end, I would have taken Eifert. I think I wanted Dion Jordan and Eifert. 

Yep. 

2013 was a true minefield of draft busts 

• Upvote 4

10 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Far better than a mccagnan draft.

CB is a value position even moreso back then.

Shel Rich was a very  good pick on potential, that is when you pick a DT you love, not top 10

Geno as awful as he was is still in the league and played meaningful games, unlike hackenburg.

We actually followed up a terrible drafting GM with a guy who was terrible at drafting an has no early concept of player value.

Last time the Jets were any good?

It all started by taking Dbrick and mangold in the 1st round.

After picking Wilson my strong preference is still to take oline at 23 AND 34.

I’d like a guy like Jenkins at 23 but I trust JD to be able to find a solid IOL in the 3rd round. Wouldn’t mind seeing a different positional need addressed at 34. Certainly wouldn’t kick and scream if they want OL, OL but with so many other needs, I doubt it happens 

• Upvote 2

22 hours ago, K_O_Brien said:

To be fair, other than Hopkins, Ertz and Kelce, 2013 wasn't the greatest draft. And if we were taking a tight end, I would have taken Eifert. I think I wanted Dion Jordan and Eifert. 

Iiked Eifert as well.  I also really liked Chance Warmack at 9.   So what do I know.

10 hours ago, KINGDIRK said:

I’d like a guy like Jenkins at 23 but I trust JD to be able to find a solid IOL in the 3rd round. Wouldn’t mind seeing a different positional need addressed at 34. Certainly wouldn’t kick and scream if they want OL, OL but with so many other needs, I doubt it happens 

I don't think there will be the OL/OL picks that everyone is hoping for.  Not when it looks like (at least in many mock drafts) there can be CB's Greg Newsome II, Asante Samuel Jr., Caleb Farley sitting there at a position of need.   

Only defense of idzik is it wasn’t a great talent pool draft.  Warmack was as big of a bust as Milliner.  Tyler Eifert was a one year wonder who could never stay healthy

Sanchez had to go.  Unfortunately it was a bad qb class just like most years 

54 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

I don't think there will be the OL/OL picks that everyone is hoping for.  Not when it looks like (at least in many mock drafts) there can be CB's Greg Newsome II, Asante Samuel Jr., Caleb Farley sitting there at a position of need.   

They land a high end OL and CB prospect at 23 and 34- I won’t complain. 

• Sympathy 1

23 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Good thing we have one of the most respected, highly touted, up and coming young gm in the league who wont make those mistakes.

What a time to be a jet fan.  Enjoy guys!!!

And... There were *many* fans that sounded just as optimistic about the Jets when all of the other regimes were about to start their first season.

The Jets are still a two win team and nothing else. 

I will say though, unlike many of the former players, Joe Douglas and Saleh are two pieces of manpower that seem to have the right stuff.   

They still have to go out and prove it.  Lots and lots of moving parts.  Will they be able to orchestrate a winner ???

You are what your record says you are.  Not what the fanboys *hope* you are. 

Just now, Samtorobby47 said:

Taking Dee Milliner right after shipping out Revis was so hard to swallow. 

The mistake was not immediately resigning revis after 2013.  Instead we waited a year while revis went to the Pats, helped them win a Super Bowl, and then by the time Woody got over being butthurt he gives Revis a huge contract with exactly 15 games left in his body