Saleh interested in Sherman

20 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

If I’m an opposing QB and I have a Stefan Diggs or Davante Parker with Sherman lined up man to man guess where I’m going

if you are worried about davante parker, you got issues with your defense.  

maybe you mean davante adams.  parker is a JAG.  heck, he barely out-produced keelan cole last year.

diggs is a different story

3 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

So this is the point at which Saleh and JD may stand on opposite sides of the fence on a player. Hall & Austin played pretty well, Guidry didn’t do much statistically.  Poole had a good season & played with Ulbrich in Atlanta. I say Jets stand pat at CB but select one in draft & bring Poole back on a 1-2 year deal. Having JD nix the Sherman signing provides Saleh cover for not signing him. Great player for years who is very vocal.... let JD be the bad guy.

Yeah but it's hard to say without being in the room with Saleh. On the one hand you want to save him from himself; on the other hand, you really don't want to deprive him of tools he says he needs (especially when they're not mega-costly, like Sherman).

The other problem is he's making out a wish list without having worked with anyone he's got yet. He may feel he doesn't need Sherman after that; he may feel he needs 2 more starter-worthy corners after that. This is part of the challenges with such a break-in season with a team still in the infancy of its (most recent) tear-down/rebuild.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Like death, and taxes, every Coach wants to bring is "his guys" from their old team.  

We'll see if it actually happens or not.  

I think they're just waiting until after the draft, and just hope/figure no one's going to blow Sherman away with an offer before then or it'd have happened already.

There's really not much more of a rush now than last week or last month. Maybe he might cost a hair more after the draft, if he feels the team is more desperate (like if we didn't draft a corner early who's billed as being pretty polished). He's not a top-3 corner anymore, so that tax would likely be minimal. Plus if the team does draft a corner the offer might go down.

The Jets' CB position group is pretty green, though, even without the home uniforms. 

• Haha 1

On 4/18/2021 at 8:00 PM, Beerfish said:

mistake

100 year old vet you are too loyal too cause he was awesome sauce in your previous gig and if he starts to fail hesitance to stick his ass on the bench or cut him.

See Frank Gore

Or literally all of rex's free agent lovers.

Edited by Dunnie
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Doggin94it said:

This is true, for an idiosyncratic definition of "so long" that encompasses the decade plus that Seattle & its progeny have been primarily cover 3 teams. 

So easy.  All we have to do is sign the entire 2013 Seahawks defensive roster and de-age them

• Haha 1