Who would Douglas trade UP for

What names do you think would entice JD to trade up from 23? If guys like Pitts, Chase or Slater are available at pick 8 with Carolina you think he tries to make a deal? What about Vera-Tucker or Jenkins in the mid teens? With so much draft capital/ammo I could see him making an aggressive push to try to land his guy 

1 minute ago, The Crusher said:

Nope. He will trade back if anything, 

Don’t be so sure about that. There’s been some rumblings that he will try to move up in this draft. There was a report he wanted 2 top 10 picks 

8 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

Don’t be so sure about that. There’s been some rumblings that he will try to move up in this draft. There was a report he wanted 2 top 10 picks 

People gotta talk about something, nothing he has shown us has suggested he does anything other than covets picks. Sure maybe but I say most likely not. 

• Haha 1
8 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

Every team wants two top 10 picks every year.

IMO, I can see a move up to teens for slater or waddle if they slip. I don't see spending the capital to get to top 10, it would take our other first and second, plus something else next year probably.

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

RB's are irrelevant in the NFL haven't you heard. 

At 8?

Yes, nit even a question

I dont see JD trading up given the cost and that he covets picks

1 hour ago, Rhg1084 said:

What names do you think would entice JD to trade up from 23? If guys like Pitts, Chase or Slater are available at pick 8 with Carolina you think he tries to make a deal? What about Vera-Tucker or Jenkins in the mid teens? With so much draft capital/ammo I could see him making an aggressive push to try to land his guy 

I would trade up for Sewell, Slater or Chase.  And then only if #23 and & #34 would bring the player.  Otherwise, no.

• Upvote 1
30 minutes ago, AlexVanDyke said:

I could see him trading up 2 or 3 spots for a particular lineman.  Don’t see anything more than that

Maybe a couple of more spots than that for that OL, but that is basically the scenario

5 hours ago, Greenseed4 said:

I see TWO potential trade up spots:

#12 with PHI: cost #23, #34 (we get a 2022 third back). WHY? There’s a Philly connection, and the holes on their roster match up well with the late 1st/early 2nd stock (WR2s, CB2s, LBs) whereas JD might want upper echelon talent for his new QB. 
-potential targets would be any of the top-3 WRs, the TE, or one of (Sewell, Slater)

#16 with ARI: cost #23, #87, #107. WHY? Arizona has zero picks in the third and fourth round. Here they slide back seven spots and load up on picks while still in a position to nab a good player.  I see the Raiders, Colts, Bears, and Titans as OL party crashers, JD might want to jump them to get his guy. 
-potential targets would be Teven Jenkins or Vera-Tucker. 

I don't think I'm willing to part with 86 and 107. To me Cosmi isn't really a drop off from Jenkins. 

I'm ok parting with a 3rd knowing he can prob trade back at 34 and recoup it. 

• Upvote 1
7 hours ago, Greenseed4 said:

I see TWO potential trade up spots:

#12 with PHI: cost #23, #34 (we get a 2022 third back). WHY? There’s a Philly connection, and the holes on their roster match up well with the late 1st/early 2nd stock (WR2s, CB2s, LBs) whereas JD might want upper echelon talent for his new QB. 
-potential targets would be any of the top-3 WRs, the TE, or one of (Sewell, Slater)

#16 with ARI: cost #23, #87, #107. WHY? Arizona has zero picks in the third and fourth round. Here they slide back seven spots and load up on picks while still in a position to nab a good player.  I see the Raiders, Colts, Bears, and Titans as OL party crashers, JD might want to jump them to get his guy. 
-potential targets would be Teven Jenkins or Vera-Tucker. 

If he can somehow land Sewell or Slater that would be amazing! I hope he’s aggressive trying to get one of those guys 

I feel in this specific situation Douglas has to be aggressive in landing one of the 4 of Sewell, Slater, Vera-Tucker, or Jenkins. I don’t think any of those guys last to 23 and we got 1000 draft picks to put together a package to move up 

• Upvote 2
7 hours ago, BurnleyJet said:

He’s trading out he’s not trading up, we have to many holes to fill to be giving up picks.

Are people expecting to fill all those holes with late round picks? You build the bottom half of your team with late round picks as opposed to the top half of the team. If you can trade some of your later picks to move up and get a guy you want that will probably start you do it. Or do people think we'd be better off with an extra bench warmer or two over a starter?

• Upvote 1

The only trade I can is to move down for extra picks.  JD knows he still needs to address the IOL and my guess is he'll take the highest center on his board with his second pick.  I just don't think he'll make that pick at #23.

From following all the comments this offseason to who we interviewed I think the spot we should be looking for a trade up is from the 3.2 pick. 

We interviewed a bunch of guys that will may go in the 20-35 range. We wanted a high second in the Darnold trade for a reason. If one of those players we are considering at 2.2 suddenly drops to the mid-late second its going to be a prime spot to move up. 

This specifically may be the area Rondale Moore or Etienne may be. I'd be quite surprised to see a trade up before this.

11 hours ago, Rhg1084 said:

None.

Trade down unless an absolute steal occurs.  And that would have to look like JaMarr Chase, DeVonte Smith, Kwity Paye.

I think the Jets can move back, near end of 1 top of 2, get a great player, and pick up an extra 3rd rounder.  

1 hour ago, Shockwave said:

From following all the comments this offseason to who we interviewed I think the spot we should be looking for a trade up is from the 3.2 pick. 

We interviewed a bunch of guys that will may go in the 20-35 range. We wanted a high second in the Darnold trade for a reason. If one of those players we are considering at 2.2 suddenly drops to the mid-late second its going to be a prime spot to move up. 

This specifically may be the area Rondale Moore or Etienne may be. I'd be quite surprised to see a trade up before this.

Which could make a trade down from 23 even more sense.  You can still get a decent player if they move down even 5-8 spots, and pick up a late 2nd/mid 3rd.  That could put a couple of people in play you speak of.

16 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

None.

Trade down unless an absolute steal occurs.  And that would have to look like JaMarr Chase, DeVonte Smith, Kwity Paye.

I think the Jets can move back, near end of 1 top of 2, get a great player, and pick up an extra 3rd rounder.  

We have 21 picks these next 2 drafts. We don’t need to acquire more picks, it’s time for Douglas to bring some big time players in here 

• Upvote 2
7 hours ago, Jackie Treehorn said:

Only thing I can imagine is to move only a few spots to land Jenkins if it doesn’t cost to much. 

I'm usually into trade downs and accruing draft capital, maybe too much so.

But what makes Jenkins so appealing--if he gets into a range of being bought for our second third rounder-- is that if we put him next to Becton we would have something, for the first time since Decker/Marshall, that other teams would have to scheme against.

They would have to put another body on the defensive right side (or skew their D in some other way) to counter the run-left threat.

It would be the single most valuable thing we could do at an acceptable cost to make things easier for the new QB.

Maybe my AFL/early-post-merger roots are showing (see my avatar and  name).  It would be great to have our own Shell and Upshaw.

• Upvote 1
12 hours ago, Rhg1084 said:

I don't  think there is any way Carolina would trade out I'd any of those players are available  unless they hire Mr. Coffee before the draft who would probably trade up with Atlanta to take a DL. 

There was also a report they were all in on Darnold. Don't  believe everything you read on the net. 

TBQH I have no earthly idea.

I wouldn't have expected the trades he made last cycle, nor the players he picked with them by and large (with the exception of Hall at CB, which I had hoped we'd snag late).

Apart from the denouement to the fait accompli that is the Jets drafting Wilson at #2.......I honestly have no idea who we will draft or where we might trade the rest of the way.

I have my preferences (O-line or O-skill at 23 and 34, at least one OL, one RB and one WR before the draft is done, the later picks of CB and LB) but I don't know what JD plans or where he sees BAP or need.

Guess that uncertainty is a good thing of sorts.  Guess we'll find out soon enough.

Still hoping for something like this or better:

Mock 4-19.jpg

That report was tied to getting second round value for Darnold in a trade (including #23+) to move up to #8 or 9 with Carolina or Denver. That ship has sailed, looking like Carolina said thanks but no thanks. 

I don't see any bold moves up this year. Maybe a small move if someone he loves starts to slip. I don't know. Last year he had a small move up in place for the one of the tackles if they flew off the board. They didn't, and he stood pat. Then he made a couple moves down for more picks. I don't think he's done collecting picks. I expect him to stick to his board and look to move down if he likes a few guys at any given spot rather than just one stand out. 

I'm sure he's done an internal assessment of his own draft, and probably has some moves he wishes he could do over. Is he happy with Mims? -for instance- or did he really want Claypool or Jefferson but he moved down too far? Those are the kinds of thoughts that will help shape his decisions this year. 

• Upvote 1