Who would Douglas trade UP for

2 hours ago, Rhg1084 said:

We have 21 picks these next 2 drafts. We don’t need to acquire more picks, it’s time for Douglas to bring some big time players in here 

And he will.  But if you can slide down and get more picks, while still getting a starting OL or CB, why wouldn't you?

Obviously, if there is a player that you absolutely love and they are staring you in the face, you take it.  But if you have 3-4 players you love, and you can slide down 6-7 spots, you risk it.  Small risk / potential medium + reward.

I think a trade back is more likely for JD. It’s possible he traded up in the later rounds but I doubt he would in the first round since we would have to give up a premium pick 

Douglas has built a war chest of picks. Literally more than an entire extra draft of picks in number and more than an entire draft in value.

Yes he covets picks but he has already done that. When you factor in 5 QBs in first 10 pushing some of the Top playmakers into trade up positions that wont be super prohibitive, I think a trade up is way more likely than people are allowing here

• Upvote 2
11 hours ago, Rhg1084 said:

I feel in this specific situation Douglas has to be aggressive in landing one of the 4 of Sewell, Slater, Vera-Tucker, or Jenkins. I don’t think any of those guys last to 23 and we got 1000 draft picks to put together a package to move up 

I’d be just as happy staying put and grabbing Humphrey or Dickinson By trading back from #23 to #26 - 28. One of them will be there plus we pick up another 4thto play with later

JOK -LB Notre Dame

Game Changer

Trade up and get get in front of the Redskins.

At #34 Landon Dickerson- Alabama

Nasty and huge.

A future Pro Bowler

On 4/18/2021 at 9:23 PM, Rhg1084 said:

What names do you think would entice JD to trade up from 23? If guys like Pitts, Chase or Slater are available at pick 8 with Carolina you think he tries to make a deal? What about Vera-Tucker or Jenkins in the mid teens? With so much draft capital/ammo I could see him making an aggressive push to try to land his guy 

If someone the Jets really need was within reach because he slid much farther then he should have ... Hmm 🤔 ... Judging from last year, he'd probably trade back because there is bound to be someone who plays the same position available in the 2nd round 👍

Just think, with the extra draft capital we get from trading back, we can be in position to snag us a developmental backup QB

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/19/2021 at 6:52 AM, Rhg1084 said:

I feel in this specific situation Douglas has to be aggressive in landing one of the 4 of Sewell, Slater, Vera-Tucker, or Jenkins. I don’t think any of those guys last to 23 and we got 1000 draft picks to put together a package to move up 

Good call by me in predicting this trade up for Vera Tucker lol

• Upvote 2
4 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

Good call by me in predicting this trade up for Vera Tucker lol

If you think I am giving you another like after liking your original post you gotta another thing coming.

• Haha 1