2021 NY Jets Draft Sleeper Picks - GreenBean

9 hours ago, Dcat said:

UVA: TONY POLJAN TE 6'7"  Rd 5-7

edit: I see you do mention him at the end.  Nice video. 

Ive been watching that fella sneakiy quietly creeping up the draft boards. 2 months ago I was hoping he'd make into being a selection. Now it's looking like he may be a 3rd-5th rd pick. 6'7" and can do all a TE needs to do. Why not right?  🤷🏼‍♂️

8 hours ago, playtowinthegame said:

Jaret Patterson looks like a Dave Meggett clone, on the field that is. Would be fine using a mid 3rd day pick on him. 

That's a good comp actually. I think he will have a similar career.  Never thar bell cow but a guy who is invaluable to a team's success.  I like him more every day.  

1 hour ago, GREENBEAN said:

Ive been watching that fella sneakiy quietly creeping up the draft boards. 2 months ago I was hoping he'd make into being a selection. Now it's looking like he may be a 3rd-5th rd pick. 6'7" and can do all a TE needs to do. Why not right?  🤷🏼‍♂️

You're standing right there on campus and I'm thinking while watching..  WTF?....  doesn't mention a  really good day 3 grab for a position the jets absolutely suck at, thanks primarily to Herndon and Darnold stinking up the place worse than the meadowlands itself.  Re-signing Daniel brown does not exactly comfort me.  I'm hoping the Jets draft this Virginia guy or the other 6'7" Davidson who will probably go earlier.  None of this matters if they snatch Tremble earlier but I doubt it.  Some team will reach on him.  Not Douglas I hope.

On 4/20/2021 at 6:09 PM, Dcat said:

You're standing right there on campus and I'm thinking while watching..  WTF?....  doesn't mention a  really good day 3 grab for a position the jets absolutely suck at, thanks primarily to Herndon and Darnold stinking up the place worse than the meadowlands itself.  Re-signing Daniel brown does not exactly comfort me.  I'm hoping the Jets draft this Virginia guy or the other 6'7" Davidson who will probably go earlier.  None of this matters if they snatch Tremble earlier but I doubt it.  Some team will reach on him.  Not Douglas I hope.

haha.  I had to at least Mention Poljan right? lol 

I think TE will be a position grabbed a bit earlier than most fans realize. I could be wrong, but I would not be surprised to see Freiemuth at 34 or Hunter Long at 66 if he's there.  The last two TE's we took were two 4ths and a 6th. It just might be time to step that up a smidge. And seeing the impact of Kittle over in San Fran, I think this might be the year. 

On 4/20/2021 at 6:09 PM, Dcat said:

I personally hope we take Tremble or Hunter Long in the 3rd round.  Both players are good values and really do well at what we are looking for from the position.

I dont know Tremble well, but Ive watched a ton of Hunter Long and love him as a player.  Excellent in-line blocker who can do all the basic TE things you need.  He will never be as athletic as Kittle but Long ran a 4.63 40 which is plenty fast for someone who can block like he can.  Would really solidify our run game and hopefully us to play 2 TEs with Herndon and possibly allow Herndon to finally do something with his athleticism. 

The only sleeper worth taking about at TE (imo) is Zach Davidson.

If you’re playing in a power5 school, You shouldn’t be a round 5 to 7 prospect, generally speaking. If they had trouble standing out or putting it all together against top competition in college, it’s fools gold to think they’re gonna get that much better in the NFL.

Better look for guys who dominated vs lesser competition and hope they can do that against better defenders as well. That’s my philosophy anyway

2 minutes ago, Paradis said:

If you’re playing in a power5 school, You shouldn’t be a round 5 to 7 prospect, generally speaking. If they had trouble standing out or putting it all together against top competition in college, it’s fools gold to think they’re gonna get that much better in the NFL.

Better look for guys who dominated vs lesser competition and hope they can do that against better defenders as well. That’s my philosophy anyway

Woefully bad TE class. The value late I feel like are going to be the developmental OL guys, secondary, and maybe linebackers or DL.

This class is just weird, very deep in OL, safeties and corners, and slot WRs, very top-heavy but shallow at WR, RB, and TE. Also a weak DT class too. The edge class is just an enigma. Could be some pro bowl players that come out of this, but everyone has a big question mark attached to them it seems.

1 hour ago, Paradis said:

Like Antonio Gates??