Top 10 OL in draft according to NY Post reporter

20 hours ago, Jackie Treehorn said:

I agree, but Humphrey wasn't even on that list...which makes me consider who valuable the list is a whole. 

yup...

"C Landon Dickerson, Alabama, 6-6, 333 lbs.: Rimington Trophy winner as the best center in the nation in his one season after transferring from Florida State. Advanced-level technique but coming off an ACL injury in SEC title game."

And a right ACL injury which ended his freshman season at Florida State.  And two major ankle injuries which ended his next two seasons at FSU.  This is a dogsh!t list by some guy who traveled the internet and cherry picked what he saw others write.

12 hours ago, Greenseed4 said:

There will be starting quality OTs and OGs in the 4th and 5th round, just like every other year.  

If we can land an immediate starter in the first 3 rounds, and then add another  player in the later rounds (pipeline) we’ll be fine. 

Like cam Clark? 

13 hours ago, Greenseed4 said:

There will be starting quality OTs and OGs in the 4th and 5th round, just like every other year.  

If we can land an immediate starter in the first 3 rounds, and then add another  player in the later rounds (pipeline) we’ll be fine. 

Too bad we never get these starting quality OTs in the 4th and 5th round

Instead we get trash like Brian Winters and Vlad Suckasse

2 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Too bad we never get these starting quality OTs in the 4th and 5th round

Instead we get trash like Brian Winters and Vlad Suckasse

IIRC Vlad was a 2nd round pick, but he was a bad reach (small school LT, I think).  Taking him and releasing the starting LG (whose name escapes me right now) as a salary trimming move was the start of the rapid decline of the great OL the Jets had in Sanchez's first season.

4 hours ago, TheClashFan said:

IIRC Vlad was a 2nd round pick, but he was a bad reach (small school LT, I think).  Taking him and releasing the starting LG (whose name escapes me right now) as a salary trimming move was the start of the rapid decline of the great OL the Jets had in Sanchez's first season.

We have not been good at finding these gem offensive linemen in the late rounds in 20 years.  When Bill Parcells was here running everything yeah we could find a Fabini or Kareem Mackenzie somewhere late

since then it’s been a crapshow.  Maybe the best Offensive Lineman we drafted last 15 years with this philosophy was Shell who was a JAG