Joe Trades #2 Pick?

20 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

You don’t do cute sh*t like this 

You take your preferred QB at #2

Any chance of trading out of that spot went out the window as soon as we traded Darnold.

I totally agree with this.  My question is what do you do if Lance is sitting there at 23?  If you like him but are scared by his inexperience you probably should pull the trigger.  I don't think these guys will if part of the reason they moved Darnold was to avoid a "QB controversy.".  

32 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

You don’t do cute sh*t like this 

You take your preferred QB at #2

Any chance of trading out of that spot went out the window as soon as we traded Darnold.

More smart than cute, to add picks, while still grabbing a top QB, any one of which has the chance to be as good as Wilson. Question is, would another team want to move up to 2, and give the Jets enough? Sadly, probably not, but I'm hoping against hope Joe makes something like this happen, God knows we could use more picks. 

4 minutes ago, Curtis Martian said:

More smart than cute, to add picks, while still grabbing a top QB, any one of which has the chance to be as good as Wilson. Question is, would another team want to move up to 2, and give the Jets enough? Sadly, probably not, but I'm hoping against hope Joe makes something like this happen, God knows we could use more picks. 

They gauged the trade market for the #2 pick before they decided to trade Darnold. It's all over, it's a QB for the Jets at #2. 

• Upvote 2

49 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

I totally agree with this.  My question is what do you do if Lance is sitting there at 23?  If you like him but are scared by his inexperience you probably should pull the trigger.  I don't think these guys will if part of the reason they moved Darnold was to avoid a "QB controversy.".  

Washington did it with RG III and Cousins. Pretty sure they took them same year.

1 hour ago, #27TheDominator said:

This may have been an option if the Jets held on to Darnold and either stood pat or traded down a few spots to take someone like Pitts or Sewell.

But taking back to back QB’s in the 1st round?

I’d lose every ounce of faith in Douglas and would want him fired immediately.

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Washington did it with RG III and Cousins. Pretty sure they took them same year.

Washington took Cousins in the 4th round after taking RGIII #2 overall.

If the Jets took QB’s at #2 and #23 in the 1st round...that would literally be the straw that broke the camels back with me and this team short of one of them looking like Mahomes 2.0 from the jump.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Untouchable said:

This may have been an option if the Jets held on to Darnold and either stood pat or traded down a few spots to take someone like Pitts or Sewell.

But taking back to back QB’s in the 1st round?

I’d lose every ounce of faith in Douglas and would want him fired immediately.

Faith?  I honestly do not want my GM to draft so the fans have faith in him.  I want him to have faith in himself.  If you believe that Lance is that good, I do not think it is crazy to take him.   How much RBs or Cs is Lamar Jackson worth?