An introduction to Some of Our Other Coaches Thread.

Nice find, thanks for sharing. Nice to get a little background on the types of guys Saleh wants coaching this team.

I'm most intrigued about Ulbricht.  I hadn't really heard him talked about prior to his hiring and I was very surprised Saleh didn't bring someone from his staff at SF. I've read right after his hiring that Saleh said he was not calling defensive plays. A lot of HC still insist on play calling for "their" side of the ball. I'm impressed and happy to hear that he is immediately focused on being the HC of the entire team. Surprised the guy he brought in to handle the play calling for him wasn't a member of his SF staff. 

• Upvote 1

MILES-AUSTIN-Headshot

Miles Austin

WIDE RECEIVERS

College: Monmouth

Hometown: Garfield, N.J.

Experience: 4 years 

Biography

Miles Austin III begins his first season with the New York Jets after joining Robert Saleh's staff as the wide receivers coach on January 21, 2021. For Austin, this is his second season coaching in the league after two seasons in scouting and 10 seasons playing.

Prior to joining the Jets, Austin spent a season with San Francisco (2019) as an offensive quality control coach as the team advanced to Super Bowl LIV. That season, the 49ers finished in the top four league-wide in points per game (29.9) and yards per game (381.1). Before that, he worked as a pro and college scouting intern for two seasons with the Cowboys.

Entering the league as an undrafted free agent, Austin played 129 games (70 starts) over 10 seasons for Dallas, Cleveland and Philadelphia. A two-time Pro Bowl wide receiver, Austin finished his career with 361 receptions for 5,273 yards, both top 25 totals in NFL history for an undrafted free agent.

A native of Garfield, NJ, Austin finished his career at Monmouth as the school's all-time leader in receptions (150), receiving yards (2,867) and touchdown receptions (33).

Austin and his wife, Stacy, have three children, Maven, Ava and Miles IV. He started the Austin Family Foundation with a mission to support and promote youth programming in lower income areas with the focus on character development and community involvement.

FLIGHT PATH

New York Jets | 2021-Present

Wide Receivers - 2021-Present

San Francisco 49ers | 2019

Offensive Quality Control - 2019

Dallas Cowboys | 2017-18

Pro & College Scouting Intern - 2017-18

PLAYING CAREER

Philadelphia Eagles (Wide Receiver) - 2015

Cleveland Browns (Wide Receiver) - 2014

Dallas Cowboys (Wide Receiver) - 2006-13

Monmouth (Wide Receiver) - 2002-05

Hes certainly moving up the coaching carousel quickly. Must be highly thought of by Saleh/Lefleur. Did a nice job with that WR group. 

San Francisco's receivers will be Dante Pettis, second-round pick Deebo Samuel, Marquise Goodwin, Taylor, Hurd, Kendrick Bourne and preseason standout Richie James Jr., who may also be the team's top return man.

Curious if SF COVID outbreak was reason he left SF or was shown the door  Lives in NJ with wife & 3 kids  Could have been reason enough