Jump to content

Asking your opinion. Is this a draft possibility ?


Recommended Posts

So far in free agency the Jets still haven't signed a backup QB. Is there anyone that sees the possibility that JD is waiting till last minute to swing a trade with SF for #3 ,Jimmy Garoppolo, and more, and then drafting Fields or Lance at 3 and letting them sit for a year ? I like Wilson as a 2, but, this wouldn't be bad either.

  • WTF? 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Big Snell said:

So far in free agency the Jets still haven't signed a backup QB. Is there anyone that sees the possibility that JD is waiting till last minute to swing a trade with SF for #3 ,Jimmy Garoppolo, and more, and then drafting Fields or Lance at 3 and letting them sit for a year ? I like Wilson as a 2, but, this wouldn't be bad either.

I think it’s possible (not likely). Everyone is reading into the Jets not trading out of two as a guarantee of drafting Wilson. While that is the likely scenario, there is no way Douglas is trading out of two until Jacksonville makes a pick. Douglas would get roasted if he traded out of two prior to the draft and Lawrence falls to two.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, Big Snell said:

So far in free agency the Jets still haven't signed a backup QB. Is there anyone that sees the possibility that JD is waiting till last minute to swing a trade with SF for #3 ,Jimmy Garoppolo, and more, and then drafting Fields or Lance at 3 and letting them sit for a year ? I like Wilson as a 2, but, this wouldn't be bad either.

NO. JD said that there are only 2 QBs they would take and Fields is not one of them. Also, he came out in a big way in support of Morgan. We might sign someone like Hoyer but this scenario is just wish fulfillment for Fields/Lance/Wilson haters and 49er fans that unlike us desperately want Wilson.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

We’re drafting Wilson at two, then LBs and CBs for Saleh after that. It is written, and so it shall be.
 

D748014B-76F8-4CBC-A877-49D39F554B9F.gif

C'mon. It'll all be different this time. Joey D will sign free agent/retired Vlad Ducasse on August 22nd and all will be set on offense. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

We’re drafting Wilson at two, then LBs and CBs for Saleh after that. It is written, and so it shall be.
 

D748014B-76F8-4CBC-A877-49D39F554B9F.gif

Rookie HC, Rookie OC, Rookie DC, 1 year wonder Rookie QB starting on the worst roster in the NFL - idk, seems like darkness is constant.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, freestater said:

C'mon. It'll all be different this time. Joey D will sign free agent/retired Vlad Ducasse on August 22nd and all will be set on offense. 

Rumor is, Joe Staley is eyeing a return but wants to be a center and JD has salivating as he feverishly tries to find a cool 10 mil to hand him.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

No I don't think this is happening, we are locked into Wilson.  But
in a fantasy world I could see it happening if SF is willing to give
up:

- Garrapolo
- The #3 pick
- And their second rounder this year

SF would have to pay a premium because we are cleaning out their cap by
taking Garrapolo and giving them their top choice for QB (Wilson).  It
would work for the Jets because Garrapolo would take over at QB and make
us better while allowing Fields to sit and learn.  And another second
rounder would allow Douglas to flood the roster with talent

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm really curious what the 49ers are going to do. If they go Mac Jones -allegedly the most NFL ready QB in the draft- that would allow them to see what they could get for Garoppolo in a trade. If they're infatuated with Trey Lance (or Fields?), though, they could sit him behind Jimmy a la Mahomes for most or all of the season. I'd love for the Jets to be in that situation, but there's no way I see Joe Douglas trading into it. He knows what QB he's taking unless Jax somehow takes him first. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, slats said:

I'm really curious what the 49ers are going to do. If they go Mac Jones -allegedly the most NFL ready QB in the draft- that would allow them to see what they could get for Garoppolo in a trade. If they're infatuated with Trey Lance (or Fields?), though, they could sit him behind Jimmy a la Mahomes for most or all of the season. I'd love for the Jets to be in that situation, but there's no way I see Joe Douglas trading into it. He knows what QB he's taking unless Jax somehow takes him first. 

I'm not sure how playing on that 'Bama offense in any way makes Jones "NFL-Ready".  Despite all the hype, I will be truly stunned if SF drafts him over Fields.  He just feels like a healthier Chad Pennington to me.  Possibly very good, but not the kind of upside you move up to #3 for.  Personally, I'd be a lot more worried about a team like NE getting their hands on Fields than Jones so I'm hoping SF just takes Fields to get that nightmare out of the way.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, JetsFanatic said:

I think it’s possible (not likely). Everyone is reading into the Jets not trading out of two as a guarantee of drafting Wilson. While that is the likely scenario, there is no way Douglas is trading out of two until Jacksonville makes a pick. Douglas would get roasted if he traded out of two prior to the draft and Lawrence falls to two.

Only the Jets would blow a chance to land Trevor Lawrence.  Lawrence already has the Jaguars play book in his possession.

All courtesy of the idiot NY Jets ownership/management and their glorious two game winning streak that they got maneuvered into. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...