The Jets Aren't Going to be Good This Year

slats

1 minute ago, HighPitch said:

SAR1 Diary:

2020: Be the only guy to gush about and praise Adam Gase. Then, if he turns out to be a good coach, I'll be the only one who said it.

2021: Be the only guy to bash GM Joe. Then, if he turns out to be a bad GM, I'll be the only one who said it.

SAR doesn't care about being right or wrong at all.  He has opinions and he voices them, nothing more.

SAR I

Just now, SAR I said:

SAR doesn't care about being right or wrong at all.  He has opinions and he voices them, nothing more.

SAR I

I think the point is that it is very coincidental that your opinions always seem geared to go against the grain, regardless of facts on the ground.

5 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

SAR1 Diary:

2020: Be the only guy to gush about and praise Adam Gase. Then, if he turns out to be a good coach, I'll be the only one who said it.

2021: Be the only guy to bash GM Joe. Then, if he turns out to be a bad GM, I'll be the only one who said it.

4 hours ago, slats said:

Everyone hates Gase? I know, I'll be his biggest fan! That'll really get these yahoos going! 

*Gase sucks and gets fired* 

Everyone loves Joe Douglas? I know, I'll rip him at every turn! That'll really get these yahoos going! 

At least he’s transparent. 

1 minute ago, Ruby2 said:

"The entire league" also was baffled at the hiring of Adam Gase, and thought he wasn't an NFL caliber coach.

Why do you give Gase the benefit of the doubt, who will almost surely never come close to being a NFL head coach ever again, but you sh*t on a guy who has had 1 draft, and has nothing but success to look back on, and is highly regarded throughout the league?

I mean I know why you do it, but i cant help myself.

I ask you the same thing-  why are you giving Joe Douglas the benefit of the doubt and 4 years and ran Adam Gase out the door after 4 games?

Gase went 7-9 with a brutally injured team that everyone on this board thought was only capable of 5-11 perfectly healthy.  That was a great coaching job.  He had a good season. 

Douglas?  He hasn't had a good anything.  Except making draftniks moist because of all the "capital".  They soil themselves over the college boy meat market.  Douglas is a dream come true.  Who cares if he can't replenish even the few good players that he showed the door?

SAR I

2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

I ask you the same thing-  why are you giving Joe Douglas the benefit of the doubt and 4 years and ran Adam Gase out the door after 4 games?

Gase went 7-9 with a brutally injured team that everyone on this board thought was only capable of 5-11 perfectly healthy.  That was a great coaching job.  He had a good season. 

Douglas?  He hasn't had a good anything.  Except making draftniks moist because of all the "capital".  They soil themselves over the college boy meat market.  Douglas is a dream come true.  Who cares if he can't replenish even the few good players that he showed the door?

SAR I

how about we revisit this idea in one year and 2 weeks

3 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Adam Gase should have never been hired. Everyone except you, Peyton Manning, and Woody knew that. And then he proved that.

Look up what the league thinks about Douglass. Look at his past tenure and those teams.

There's millions of more reasons the be confident in Joe Douglass as opposed to Adam Gase.

I mean, you already know this, but nevertheless.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

29 minutes ago, SAR I said:

It was a miracle, a great coaching job, that got that crappy injured team to win 6 of its last 8 games.  That team had every reason to crumble.  Gase got the best out of them.

The entire league believes the Jets have the worst set of players in the NFL.  You should too.  He took a team decimated by a bad GM stockpiling draft picks and cap space and beat 2 playoff teams in back-to-back weeks.  If you believe Gase got lucky in 2019 playing scrubs then you have to give him credit in 2020 for beating elites. 

Either way, its not about Gase here in 2021.  It's about Douglas.  So far, no good.  My mom could trade away and release players.  He's paid to get great players.  He's 0-3.  Two FA periods and one draft.  Not good.

SAR I

Keep telling yourself this nonsense 

Whatever the motivation your using, whether its to continue the shtick or possibly just not understanding what youve been looking at.   

Dont know which SAR we're getting today, the one who loves Gase or the one who admits he sucked. You were doing good for a short while, backed off your "head football man of Florham Park" or whatever nonsense you were selling after the season ender.  Maybe you need to sit down with mom, she'll tell you Gase was possibly the worst coach in the history of the sport.

• Upvote 1

Congrats to all who contributed to the "Fire Adam Gase" plane a few years ago.  We planted the seed that ousted gase and that scrub Darnold and brought in Joe Douglas and Robert Saleh.

The next 2 years are going to be a wild ride and then the jets will finally be a legitimate threat to win the super bowl in 2023.

Its been a rough ride, but the payoff is just around the corner.  Enjoy jet fans!

41 minutes ago, SAR I said:

This is Year 3!  What's with you guys?  2017 and 2018 happened, they were announced rebuilding years.  2019 happened too, Douglas was here the whole season, cut players, brought in players.  You can't cancel Suck For Sam and you can't blame Gase.  The rebuild was well underway for years.  This mess is on Douglas.

He was here in Year 1 and brought in kickers and OL'men who sucked, couldn't get Osemele to play.  Then in Year 2, he had a crap FA period and a crap draft.  And now in Year 3 he had a crap FA period and who knows WTF will happen with the draft.

It is amazing.  You give Gase 4 measly weeks and you're going to give Douglas for long years?  Gase did a better job than Douglas has done.  Gase was handed garbage and Douglas given every luxury in the world including an 11 month head start on his first FA period and draft.  And the team went from 7-9 to 2-14.  Wake up!

SAR I

Whats amazing is that the Gase Legacy seems to be the hill you've chosen to die on.  ?

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Keep telling yourself this nonsense 

Whatever the motivation your using, whether its to continue the shtick or possibly just not understanding what youve been looking at.   

Dont know which SAR we're getting today, the one who loves Gase or the one who admits he sucked. Maybe you need to sit down with mom, she'll tell you Gase was possibly the worst coach in the history of the sport.

Being a contrarian has always been his shtick he understands what he's doing and enjoys it.. Bit has been doing it longer though and some would say better..B)

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

I Agree.

My point really was just combating this view that we can't go O at 23, 34 and 66 as it'll make things worse on the offense and harm our QB's development.  On that I call BS.

We can find starters at 23 in WR, RB or OL and then find another starter at WR, RB or OL at 34....and then land a rotational, high level development guy on offense at 66...We can go offense with those 3 picks and heavily help our young QB.  It's comical to say drafting offense with those three picks will harm our QB.

How'd it work out the last time we added two rookie 1st round picks to the OL?

I definitely agree that drafting protection and talent on OL can ONLY help a rookie QB. With the exception of RB. I don't want to see a RB until the 4th round. RB's are like QB's, in that, without an OL they're basically kneecapped.

RB by committee will not hamper the QB's development and those picks must be spent on premium Offensive positions - OL and WR.

RB's can be drafted in 2023 to provide the finishing piece after the offensive has been established. The priority must be to develop the QB drafted at #2 OA. If that pick fails we're in for a long painful three  years.

Just now, Savage69 said:

Being a contrarian has always been his shtick he understands what he's doing and enjoys it.. Bit has been doing it longer though and some would say better..B)

Bit actually bases it on the use of some actual football acumen 

SAR is just trolling for what 20+ years now, makes you wonder 

12 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

New here? Everyone assumed, actually put it in the bank, that we were signing Thuney and Linsley and Ju Ju and Ngokue and  then build from there. 

Uh, no. I’m not new. Just not part of “everyone”.

12 minutes ago, Big_Slick said:

I definitely agree that drafting protection and talent on OL can ONLY help a rookie QB. With the exception of RB. I don't want to see a RB until the 4th round. RB's are like QB's, in that, without an OL they're basically kneecapped.

RB by committee will not hamper the QB's development and those picks must be spent on premium Offensive positions - OL and WR.

RB's can be drafted in 2023 to provide the finishing piece after the offensive has been established. The priority must be to develop the QB drafted at #2 OA. If that pick fails we're in for a long painful three  years.

I hear ya...I really do but talents like Harris and ETN are special.  

Those guys are legitimate threats to take it the house on any play.  Those types of weapons help QB's if for no other reason than defense have to key on them more than they would with any RB by committee.

6 hours ago, slats said:

I look forward to seeing this sort of level-headedness when the season arrives. There will definitely be a vocal contingent of fans breaking out the torches, pitchforks, billboards and airplanes, I suspect. 

It all comes down to the QB, if he’s legit things can change very very quickly. 

5 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

I hear ya...I really do but talents like Harris and ETN are special.  

Those guys are legitimate threats to take it the house on any play.  Those types of weapons help QB's if for no other reason than defense have to key on them more than they would with any RB by committee.

This is not true at all for Harris.  He is not a homerun threat.

Etienne on the other hand is.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, slats said:

Yes, I think we can all agree that Joe Douglas should've just finished the job that Maccagnan started, rather than build it in his own vision. We all really liked Mac. 

Weak response to Scott. Yeah, we all hated Mac.

JD is on the clock. Let's see what's he got this season after the draft.

Things will get ugly, early and often, if the Jets look like a clown shown this season.

• Post of the Week 1

15 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

This is not true at all for Harris.  He is not a homerun threat.

Etienne on the other hand is.

Different types of backs for sure.  but, imo, Harris absolutely is - he's an ankle breaker...he'll create more holes and beat more people - get to the second level and he becomes super elusive.  

For sure Etienne is more explosive - no doubt.  But I guess I have to disagree that Harris isn't a threat to score at any time.

btw...I like Harris better.

2 hours ago, Ruby2 said:

I think people are really discounting just how terrible Gase was. Not to mention a barren roster after 4 years of complete drafting ineptitude at the hands of Macagnan. Takes time for the roster to be remade with actual nfl level players. Not saying we are all the way there, but two drafts, decent FA signings, and a coach who everyone seems to think actually is a nfl caliber coach could easily result in a 4-6 game swing.

Not saying they will be "good" but will at least be competitive/watchable.

Yes Gase was inflexible and wouldn't give Darnold the ability to audible based upon what the D lineup was. But as you say he was given "a barren roster after 4 years of complete drafting ineptitude at the hands of Macagnan".  And two years Idzak.

Still Gase sucked but he was dealt a cold deck.

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

But we beat 2 playoff teams last season!  Rams and Browns.  In consecutive weeks!  With a worse roster than the year prior!

It wasn't the schedule and it wasn't the coaching.  

It's the GM.  He gutted our roster and replaced it with nothing.

SAR I

That was Gase saying eff you to the Jets. He knew he was gone and didn't want the Jets to get the #1 OA pick.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Ruby2 said:

I think the point is that it is very coincidental that your opinions always seem geared to go against the grain, regardless of facts on the ground.

It's coincidental, yes.  Not everyone sees things the same way.  

SAR I

6 hours ago, Dcat said:

um....   who signed Bell? 
You think it was Douglas? 

LOL.  You need rest.  Your litany of snide posts is sinking to new lows.

Douglas signed Kalil and told Robby to take a hike we got Perriman.

#interchangeable 

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Ruby2 said:

I remember SAR back in 2010 saying the Jets werent good because they needed OT wins against Cleveland and Detroit, lol

SAR said the defense was overrated in 2010 because they had 5 games where they blew 4th quarter leads and only Mark Sanchez' heroics turned their 6-10 season into 11-5 and a deep playoff run.

SAR I