Schrager Mock Draft 2.0. Would you move up for O Line?

Shockwave

5 hours ago, BroadwayRay said:

One thing I do agree with in this mock is that the Panthers are still a good bet to draft a QB. 

It would mean Sam Darnold would become the new Josh Rosen.

You trying to be funny. The Panthers are drafting an offensive lineman. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, BroadwayRay said:

One thing I do agree with in this mock is that the Panthers are still a good bet to draft a QB. 

It would mean Sam Darnold would become the new Josh Rosen.

You trying to be funny. The Panthers are drafting an offensive lineman. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, shuler82 said:

Can someone explain the Creed Humphrey fetish on this board? I don’t see him projected going until the mid second almost anywhere yet people want to take him at 23. In sharpie nonetheless.

It’s very strange lol... he’s not even projected as a top 10 O lineman in this draft. Guys like Cosmi, Leatherwood, Eichenberg, Randuz and Dickerson are all projected to be picked ahead of him

35 minutes ago, genot said:

He has Fields and Lance going at #8, and #9. Toss that mock into the garbage pale.

Not really understanding the hype for both guys.  Fields is Jacoby Brissett and Lance hasn’t even played football in forever.  Both guys need to be in very specific offenses in order to be effective in the NFL

Mond is a better passer than both those clowns

1 hour ago, CSNY said:

Have the Jets not learned anything from Quincy Enuwa and his neck issues. An emphatic  No to Farley   Get o line straight then go from there 

No we haven’t learned anything. We are about to draft a qb who has had two torn shoulder labrums before turning 21 at 2nd overall 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Not really understanding the hype for both guys.  Fields is Jacoby Brissett and Lance hasn’t even played football in forever.  Both guys need to be in very specific offenses in order to be effective in the NFL

It's a QB needy league right now. We still are looking for a backup QB. 

11 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Every year is supposed to be a repeat of the 1983 QB class and it never happens 

Yea. Ideally someone like a Zack Wilson would be drafted later in the 1st rd. Going at #2, it almost forces your hand to start him right away.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Shockwave said:

Schrager does pretty well on his second mock draft as he's well connected. 

https://www.nfl.com/news/peter-schrager-2021-nfl-mock-draft-2-0-cardinals-patriots-trade-up-for-alabama-r

I tried to copy/paste but the site is not allowing me to. 

When the Jets Pick he is projecting all of the below lineman to be gone. 

Sewell

Slater 

AVT

Darrisaw

Jenkins 

For those of you hoping for an offensive lineman its looking like we will need to move up or you're staring at a defensive player. 

https://www.nfl.com/news/peter-schrager-2021-nfl-mock-draft-2-0-cardinals-patriots-trade-up-for-alabama-r

If that's the case & Jaelin Phillips or a top CB is there you take him.  This class is top heavy on OL... you can still get a very good one @ 34... the jets already have the main piece in Becton... Meinerz, Myers, Redunz will be there @ 34 either one will be very good. 

4 hours ago, shuler82 said:

Can someone explain the Creed Humphrey fetish on this board? I don’t see him projected going until the mid second almost anywhere yet people want to take him at 23. In sharpie nonetheless.

I like Creed Humphrey and think he has a bright future at Center.  But I agree that 23 is too early.  The top centers go at the end of the first and in the second.  Every year one is available.  It is just not a rare event.  While I like him for our zone scheme, I greatly prefer some of the late round centers especially when you factor in cost in draft capital.  I cannot see Humphrey at 23 or 34 given the depth of zone system centers that will be available for cheap late in the draft.  McGovern will start this year at the pivot, we can develop a late round pick who is a perfect fit for a zone scheme.  I am writing a longer post on this subject.

As for this mock draft, I take Paye and run like a thief in the night.  He has as much potential as any pass rusher, is a high quality person and is a perfect fit for our new 4-3.  I think he would beat out Philips et al for the starting job opposite Lawson and become the long-term answer.  It is tough to find guys like him at #23 year in and year out.  Real good value. 

As far as a trade up, I would use #23 and #34 if it brings Sewell, Slater or Chase.  Otherwise I am picking where I am or moving back.

• Upvote 3

7 hours ago, shuler82 said:

He is by far the best Center in this draft, the Center is the lynchpin difference between a good line and a great line and someone is going to draft him in the late 20’s or before 34  and they will have their Center for the next decade. 

If it means we need to reach at 23 so be it. 

I don’t care that some faux draft gurus have him “projected” as a mid-second rounder. 

We must build the line. We have the LT, let’s lock down the C. D’Brick and Mangold v.2. 

11 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Our Jets Gm in the jetnation mock draft did indeed move up to get an olineman (slater)

If you are a good GM you move around in the draft and meet your needs.  We badly want a premium olineman?  Move up.

No olineman of that value there for us at 23 after failing to move up?  Move down and take an olineman.

and the rest of his draft looks like dog crap because of it. trading up is no go for me. if those OL are off the board, I'd consider trading down to take a Dillon Radunz, Walker Little, Alex Leatherwood, Quinn Meinerz,  Liam Echenberg, Landon Dickerson, Wyatt Davis, Creed Humphrey. Someone like that.

11 hours ago, GreenFish said:

Yes I would trade up. My targets would be Slater at 10-12 or Teven Jenkins at 17.

Giving up a 2nd might be a little rich and too early for us with how much talent we need. So I’d focus on Jenkins.

Teven Jenkins would be a great fit and can start at RG for us right away and eventually move to RT. He’s a badass.

23 and 66 for 17 and 121.

Draft Teven Jenkins. Like Becton, he’ll protect the QB and open up huge lanes in the running game.

If we stay put and the value for OL is not there, I’m hoping for Kwity Paye. Build a fierce and deep front four. Then go offense the rest of the draft.

Exactly what I'm thinking. I'd also throw the name Zaven Collins in there if no O-linemen are there BUT I DO think JD will attempt to move up for Jenkins, who the Jets seem to really like. 

13 hours ago, Big_Slick said:

Barring a trade down I see them taking Sewell and it'd be a steal.

This could very well happen. ... Can't wait for draft night when all the pundits on TV or pretending like they don't know the pic is an act surprised when it comes in.

Edited by Dunnie
  • Upvote 1

I would stand where I am. If jenkins or creed humphrey are there at 23 I draft them if not I consider trading down and getting an extra third. I'd be happier drafting a corner in a draft light on corners at 23 than I would be reaching for offensive line help or trading up for one we need every pick we can get if we are going to build around our new qb and give him a fighting chance.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

21 hours ago, CSNY said:

Have the Jets not learned anything from Quincy Enuwa and his neck issues. An emphatic  No to Farley   Get o line straight then go from there 

This is the one issue I have with JD. He doesn't seem to shy away from these kind of players with injury concerns. Last year he drafted a big dude like Becton, and now he's about to draft a QB with a history of shoulder issues.

34 minutes ago, RichardTodd27 said:

This is the one issue I have with JD. He doesn't seem to shy away from these kind of players with injury concerns. Last year he drafted a big dude like Becton, and now he's about to draft a QB with a history of shoulder issues.

This should end well.  The Jets are always lucky in this area.

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Thank you Gil Brandt.  Nice of you to join our board.  April 29 can't come soon enough

On 4/21/2021 at 1:13 AM, BettyBoop said:

If the main OL targets are gone by #23 I wonder if Douglas would take a CB/Edge there and hope Quinn Meneirz is there at #34.  He seems to be flying up mock draft boards.

If Jenkins is gone by 23 yes I think JD is going defense