The draft's best value.... (guys who are sliding)

"inexplicably" is really not applicable. Most of the guys up there are falling for very tangible reasons like injury history or poor athletic testing or other guys having explosive testing numbers surpassing them.

Of the guys listed, Amon Ra St-Brown and Rondale Moore are possibly great value picks that I'd agree with. Eichenberg is probably a little underrated as a steady but not spectacular guy, Wyatt Davis is probably being passed up because there are other really quality guard prospects or former tackles that can kick inside to guard forcing him down after an inconsistent 2020 so if he falls enough can be a nice selection.

• Upvote 3

20 minutes ago, Jets Voice of Reason said:

"inexplicably" is really not applicable. Most of the guys up there are falling for very tangible reasons like injury history or poor athletic testing or other guys having explosive testing numbers surpassing them.

Of the guys listed, Amon Ra St-Brown and Rondale Moore are possibly great value picks that I'd agree with. Eichenberg is probably a little underrated as a steady but not spectacular guy, Wyatt Davis is probably being passed up because there are other really quality guard prospects or former tackles that can kick inside to guard forcing him down after an inconsistent 2020 so if he falls enough can be a nice selection.

There’s a lot of former tackles I’ve been reading up on that are projected at guard. Would be silly to draft a guard in first 2 rounds this year. Could maybe make the argument for center, but the reality is we have the LT - the rest of the OL should cost less in draft capital with an OL oriented GM doing he evaluation.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Pointdexter said:

Amon Ra  (low 2nd Rd) - Complete receiver that's sliding to the bottom of Rd 2 and will be a great pick if we trade down there or top of Rd 3.Rly athletic with legit size would be an immediate contributor on 3rd downs for whatever NFL team drafts them. In Rd 3 that presents value and it's inexplicable why both guys have dropped from their low 1st Rd to high 2nd Rd projections.

Will be very interesting to see if Joe Douglas adds any from this list next wknd.

You have to like a player named after a Egyptian God..B) 

• Upvote 1

Honestly, based on what little I know, I don't see the Jets taking many if any of these guys.

Hawkins/RB-maybe.   I bit short/small.

WR-maybe Moore if he falls to Rd 3.  I think the Jets need someone explosive/WCO for WR.  

OL-Davis not a great fit for Zone Blocking.  Maybe Liam if he falls to Rd 3.

Maybe an Edge in Rd 3.

I see the Jets picking Radusz/Spencer Brown/Meinerz, etc. in Rd 3 when they don't get IOL in Rds 1 and 2.  Rd 3 will also need to be where we find LBs.  

In terms of talking heads and projections.  Does anyone score the drafts after the fact to see just how far off base or on the mark that these people were?

Think EPL where the bottom three would be relegated to the talking head minor leagues. 

3 hours ago, Pointdexter said:

Liam Eichenberg (2nd Rd) - All he's done is performed at near elite level for 3 straight years as an OT on one of college football's best olines. Doesn't marvel athletically but a classic underrated prospect dropping from the pre-draft measurements. Solid 10 year starter in the NFL. Great pick in the middle of Rd 2 or top of Rd 3 

But he's also not bad athletically at all.

• Upvote 2

I’d throw Walker Little in there. Was projected in the top ten or firmly in the first round in really early mocks, hasn’t played for almost two years, but tested really well so he’s been putting in work still. Projected in the third round. Feels like a perfect guy to take there, back up Fant for a year, then take over.

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, Pointdexter said:

Wyatt Davis (2nd - 3rd Rd) - Long cemented as mid to late 1st rounder, now projected as low as Rd 3. Plug and play NFL guard who mauls in the run game.

His injury and to a slight degree, rumors about his work ethic, probably moved him out of the 1st pretty easily.  I think he goes in the middle of Round 2.  The bigger question is whether he'd be average, good or great for the Jets wide zone blocking scheme?  If he's anything short of potentially great then he can't be taken early like at #34 IMO.

He can be a little late to recognize blitzers coming down late in general and was involved in a larger amount of miscommunications this past season. Davis’ lacking agility also shows up when trying to work across the face of defenders lined up in the play-side gap of wide zone runs, where his feet get parallel.

Davis has the strength to drive the defensive lineman with the inside hand vertically, but still aim at the linebacker, at times neutralizing both. Yet, he can also quickly come off combos. On more wide zone blocking, he can reach-block one-techniques, but if they manage to slip through so he can’t quite scoop them up, Wyatt Davis can get underneath them and take them for a ride or find a way to pull down the defender and land on top of them. When you watch Trey Sermon down the stretch (especially against Northwestern), a lot of his big runs came on those massive cutbacks behind Davis on the right side, where the RB could just go North all the way after pressing a little bit.

https://www.sportskeeda.com/nfl/top-10-interior-offensive-linemen-2021-nfl-draft/4

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, derp said:

I’d throw Walker Little in there. Was projected in the top ten or firmly in the first round in really early mocks, hasn’t played for almost two years, but tested really well so he’s been putting in work still. Projected in the third round. Feels like a perfect guy to take there, back up Fant for a year, then take over.

Little in round 3 would be a steal

• Upvote 1

Sage Surratt is gonna be bad.

Greg Rousseau might be okay but will most likely be bad.

Javian Hawkins was always a mid round guy. Not sure if he fell.

Tamarion Terry had like 300 yards all season.

Patrick Jones was awful at the senior bowl and mediocre all year. 

Rashad Weaver... stud tho. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

Sage Surratt is gonna be bad.

Greg Rousseau might be okay but will most likely be bad.

Javian Hawkins was always a mid round guy. Not sure if he fell.

Tamarion Terry had like 300 yards all season.

Patrick Jones was awful at the senior bowl and mediocre all year. 

Rashad Weaver... stud tho. 

Lol, ok

5 minutes ago, Pointdexter said:

Lol, ok

Sage Surratt can’t separate. Bad senior bowl, mediocre athleticism that reflects on his tape.

Greg Rousseau- can’t win on the edge. Most of his 15 sacks came in like 2 games when he moved in over the guard. Bad athleticism means bad performance for most edge players.

Javian Hawkins- fast but meh production and wiggle. I’ve never seen him mocked before round 3 so idk if that’s a slide. 

Patrick Jones - too weak, mediocre athlete, disastrous senior bowl. Motor guy, not worth a pick before round 4. 

Care to explain why they’re actually good?

2 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

But he's also not bad athletically at all.

I really like Notre Dame's RT, Robert Hainsey.

Good technician, tough guy who probably moves to Guard in the NFL.

Really versatile and smart, and you can get him on day 3. I think he has a long NFL career ahead of him.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, mrcoops said:

I really like Notre Dame's RT, Robert Hainsey.

Good technician, tough guy who probably moves to Guard in the NFL.

Really versatile and smart, and you can get him on day 3. I think he has a long NFL career ahead of him.

I've heard the name a few times but admittedly don't know much about him.  I'm assuming he's not mobile enough to play OT at the NFL level but could be fairly mobile for an OG in an outsize zone blocking scheme?

5 minutes ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

You're nuts. Surratt was outstanding for WF. Saw a number of his games. He was dominant -- 6'3" 215 with great hands and technique. 

He doesn’t get separation and had to win contested chances all the time. And then he ran 4.6 explaining why he can’t get separation.

3 hours ago, kdels62 said:

He doesn’t get separation and had to win contested chances all the time. And then he ran 4.6 explaining why he can’t get separation.

The same 40 time as Allen Robinson and Anquan Boldin, two guys who have done pretty well in the NFL. Separation is not just generated by speed. The vast majority of passing plays require precise route running through traffic, timing, anticipation, great hands, and a majority percentage of wins on contested balls. Which Surratt excels at. 

I feel like Terrence Marshall is undervalued.  All these smaller receivers ranked ahead of him.  Marshall is 6'3 runs a 4.4 and has caught 23 tds the last 2 seasons and is only 20 years old.

2- Wilson

23 - Tevan Jenkins

34 - If hes there Im sprinting to the podium to select Terrence Marshall.  

Davis, Mims, Marshall would be a monster 3 receiver set.  My goodness.  All beasts who have speed to get deep and size for the redzone!