The draft's best value.... (guys who are sliding)

Just now, Joe W. Namath said:

I feel like Terrence Marshall is undervalued.  All these smaller receivers ranked ahead of him.  Marshall is 6'2 runs a 4.4 and has caught 23 tds the last 2 seasons and is only 20 years old.

2- Wilson

23 - Tevan Jenkins

34 - If hes there Im sprinting to the podium to select Terrence Marshall.  

Davis, Mims, Marshall would be a monster 3 receiver set.  My goodness.  All beasts who have speed to get deep and size for the redzone!

48 minutes ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

The same 40 time as Allen Robinson and Anquan Boldin, two guys who have done pretty well in the NFL. Separation is not just generated by speed. The vast majority of passing plays require precise route running through traffic, timing, anticipation, great hands, and a majority percentage of wins on contested balls. Which Surratt excels at. 

Surratt got no separation in college. It’s one thing to show the ability to do something in college and not have the obvious measurables. Surratt isn’t in that group he can’t separate and he is bad athletically. That’s a bad combo.

Also Robinson ran a 4.6 at the combine and a sub 4.5 at his pro day. Surratt is running 4.6 at his pro day.

Virginia’s Charles Snowden is another guy who got injured and has slid or at least didn’t have the chance to impress anybody since the injury, reminiscent of Virginia’s CB Hall last season that JD drafted later than projected before the injury.

Wonder if he goes back to that well with a third day pick.

9 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

I've heard the name a few times but admittedly don't know much about him.  I'm assuming he's not mobile enough to play OT at the NFL level but could be fairly mobile for an OG in an outsize zone blocking scheme?

Exactly.  There is concern that he might not hold up as an OT in the NFL, but a lot of people project him as a very good OG and a good fit in a zone-blocking scheme. He was one of the top Guard recruits out of High School, but Notre Dame played him at Tackle.

He moved inside at the Senior Bowl, and impressed at both G and C in practice and the game itself.

I watched a few Notre Dame games this year - really to see Book and Tremble and Eichenberg - and always came away impressed with Hainsey. His technique and motor are really good, and he gives great effort on every play. 

18 hours ago, varjet said:

Honestly, based on what little I know, I don't see the Jets taking many if any of these guys.

Hawkins/RB-maybe.   I bit short/small.

WR-maybe Moore if he falls to Rd 3.  I think the Jets need someone explosive/WCO for WR.  

OL-Davis not a great fit for Zone Blocking.  Maybe Liam if he falls to Rd 3.

Maybe an Edge in Rd 3.

I see the Jets picking Radusz/Spencer Brown/Meinerz, etc. in Rd 3 when they don't get IOL in Rds 1 and 2.  Rd 3 will also need to be where we find LBs.  

Ive actually read the opposite about Wyatt Davis, that he is athletic enough to be good in our zone system.  Are you sure you saw that evaluation regarding him being a bad fit?  Im also curious about his injury as I have seen the same thing about him falling due to the injury, but I didnt see anything that he required surgery or a long rehab?

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, mrcoops said:

Exactly.  There is concern that he might not hold up as an OT in the NFL, but a lot of people project him as a very good OG and a good fit in a zone-blocking scheme. He was one of the top Guard recruits out of High School, but Notre Dame played him at Tackle.

He moved inside at the Senior Bowl, and impressed at both G and C in practice and the game itself.

I watched a few Notre Dame games this year - really to see Book and Tremble and Eichenberg - and always came away impressed with Hainsey. His technique and motor are really good, and he gives great effort on every play. 

I'll put you on the spot.... What is the earliest you think he'd be taken in this Draft?  What is the latest pick that the Jets currently have where you think they could get him?  107?

2 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

I'll put you on the spot.... What is the earliest you think he'd be taken in this Draft?  What is the latest pick that the Jets currently have where you think they could get him?  107?

I was hoping to get him in the 5th, but I think he might ultimately go in the 4th.

His stock seems to be rising, based on his experience and versatility. Some thought he could play in any of the 5 OL spots, which is really appealing to coaches.

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, mrcoops said:

I really like Notre Dame's RT, Robert Hainsey.

Good technician, tough guy who probably moves to Guard in the NFL.

Really versatile and smart, and you can get him on day 3. I think he has a long NFL career ahead of him.

ND does an excellent  job developing OL. I would love to see Eichenburg and Hainsey on he Jets. Take coaching well, played on the big stage and smart.

• Upvote 2