Giants looking to trade out?

12 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

Let’s trade up to 11 and grab Slater or Sewell! 

Likely too expensive for a team that isn't just one... three.... six players away from making playoff pushes.  JD wants more picks, not fewer, and he just pigeon-holed himself into using his most valuable asset (#2) on a replacement QB.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, k-met57 said:

i dont remember where i saw this, but there is noise that this first round has about 16-17 first round picks...after that the diff between 20 and 40 is not significant. if true, i expect lots of activity.

You hear things like this every year. Doesn't seem like there's ever 32 guys with first round grades. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, k-met57 said:

wherever i read this also said that 16-17 is very low for a usual year.

With covid and the opt-outs, it's a difficult year to evaluate players. It would flip people's ****, but this wouldn't be the worst year to trade out of #23 for a package including a 2022 first. 

• Upvote 2

There will be a truly elite player at 11. I would be open to trading Seattles #1 next, and a 4th this year to go from 23 to 11 if the right player falls.

Elite players  Sewell, Slater, Waddle, Deontay, Chase, Pitts

With 5 QBs likely gone before 10 one of them will be there. 

It is an unusual draft.  11 will have much more higher than normal value because of the QBs. I would not however over pay to get there.

Unlike most here, I actually expect us to trade up from 23 to secure the player we want.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, k-met57 said:

i dont remember where i saw this, but there is noise that this first round has about 16-17 first round picks...after that the diff between 20 and 40 is not significant. if true, i expect lots of activity.

Even if that's true, there are bound to be 4-5 complete busts/reaches  in that range.  Jets can stay put and still draft well

22 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Would ya?

Trade Details

NYJ

Received:

• Pick 11 - Ja'Marr Chase
NYG

Received:

• Pick 23
  • 2022 SEA 1st

Chances Chase are avaiable at 11 is slim and none. Smith and Waddle are a different story. I wouldn't do the trade for either of them. We could just draft Bateman, E. Moore, Marshall, or R. Moore at 23.

Jets should stay put, I would be shocked if all 5 QBs aren't drafted before the Jets' 23rd pick (Lawrence, Wilson, Jones, Fields and Lance), that should leave a big board of Pitts, Sewell, Chase, D Smith, Waddle, Parson, Slater, Surtain, Horn, Bateman, Newsome, Vera-Tucker, Barmore, Paye, Oweh, Jenkins, Phillips, Farley & Ojulari. Someone is bound to fall to 23.

The Jet need to come away with 4 starters from this draft class. Hopefully more.

It depends what they want with 23 to trade. I would rather have a can’t miss tackle then a slight project. If we can give up a third ir fourth and a sixth with out first sure, but I’m not packaging our second. 

When Micah Parsons is staring him in the face, Gettlemen will stop answering phones calls.

His first call will be to setup an appointment to get Parson’s yellow jacket tailored.

The guy can’t help himself. Not saying Parson’s would be a bad pick. Just that there will likely be a player there, Gettlemen thinks is too good to pass up. 

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, DetroitRed said:

Even if that's true, there are bound to be 4-5 complete busts/reaches  in that range.  Jets can stay put and still draft well

everything is on the table. as always the board will dictate the course of action....JD has shown that he will move up and down based on the teams eval of players.

2 hours ago, Jets Voice of Reason said:

I'd be surprised, Gettleman is a bad gm and he's got an old crotchety attitude about trading around in the draft. That being said, 11 is around the fringe where they really need a pass rusher badly and may love a guy like Kwity Paye or Ojulari but know it'd be a blatant overdraft.

Depends how far back..... 14 may be the sweet spot for Vagiants

14 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Every mock draft I play with I trade back and do the best draft ever. After I watch all the films.

If the Jets can trade back from #23 into the late 20's and grab another 2nd rounder I'd be all for that assuming a great prospect at a position of need isn't sitting there at #23.

Draft Value Chart

Pick 11 = 1250

Pick 23 = 760

Difference 440.

Our second rounder 34 = 560 (so too much unless Giants traded us later round picks)

Our two 3rd rounders add up to 420 points.  

So would you trade 23, 66 and 86 to jump to 11?  I certainly would not.  We are not one player away and we can get starters at all of those picks. 

Take Caleb Farley at 23 or trade back ourselves.

2 minutes ago, David Harris said:

Draft Value Chart

Pick 11 = 1250

Pick 23 = 760

Difference 440.

Our second rounder 34 = 560 (so too much unless Giants traded us later round picks)

Our two 3rd rounders add up to 420 points.  

So would you trade 23, 66 and 86 to jump to 11?  I certainly would not.  We are not one player away and we can get starters at all of those picks. 

Take Caleb Farley at 23 or trade back ourselves.

After the LW debacle, no way Giants deal with us. It would haunt them forever if Jets took an All-Pro at that pick while Gettleman blows the pick

4 hours ago, slats said:

You hear things like this every year. Doesn't seem like there's ever 32 guys with first round grades. 

And I know ive never seen a year where there are 40 or more first rd talents.  

Maybe we should be grading the draft pool yearly, the same way Parker gives vintages a grade.   When you think about how much talent varies from year to year and position to position, trading back a year could really help or hurt.   Its something they should probably consider if theyre able to reasonably quantify yearly variations in draft quality.

3 hours ago, GreenFish said:

When Micah Parsons is staring him in the face, Gettlemen will stop answering phones calls.

His first call will be to setup an appointment to get Parson’s yellow jacket tailored.

The guy can’t help himself. Not saying Parson’s would be a bad pick. Just that there will likely be a player there, Gettlemen thinks is too good to pass up. 

Parsons is exactly what the giants need

And tbh, I’m not sold on Andrew Thomas and Nate Solder is getting old and the giants would be better off trading him and drafting Slater