NFL Media and Hulu Reach Carriage Agreement

Maxman

NFL Network & NFL RedZone Available on Hulu + Live TV This Summer

NFL Media and Hulu announced today a new multi-year carriage agreement to bring NFL Network and NFL RedZone to Hulu's live TV subscription streaming service Hulu + Live TV by August 1.

Continuing the momentum from last month's long-term media distribution agreements secured by the National Football League, NFL Network and NFL RedZone will be available to Hulu + Live TV subscribers just in time for the 2021 NFL season.

"We are excited to bring NFL Network and NFL RedZone to Hulu + Live TV subscribers," said Hans Schroeder, EVP and Chief Operating Officer of NFL Media. "One of our top priorities as a League remains broadening the distribution platforms for NFL content, and so we're very pleased to bring our lineup of award-winning shows and live games to Hulu's live subscribers starting in the 2021 NFL season."

"With the addition of NFL Network and NFL RedZone to our channel lineup, Hulu + Live TV continues to be the ultimate destination for sports fans to watch thousands of hours of live sports programming," said Reagan Feeney, SVP, Live TV Content Programming & Partnerships, Hulu. "Starting with the 2021 NFL season, our viewers will have a front row seat to exclusive live games, original shows and other NFL content year-round."

The addition of NFL Network to Hulu + Live TV brings year-round NFL content to fans, including exclusive live games, popular studio shows such as Good Morning Football, NFL GameDay Morning, NFL Total Access and NFL Now, and award-winning original series such as A Football Life, NFL 360 and America's Game.

With NFL RedZone, subscribers can tune-in to watch host Scott Hanson delivering every touchdown from every game to fans on Sunday afternoons during the NFL regular season.

The NFL continues to be the most valuable content in all of sports and entertainment. Over the last five years, 24 of the top 25 and 77 of the top 100 most-watched programs on television have been NFL games.

Terms of the agreement were not disclosed.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Maxman said:

NFL Network & NFL RedZone Available on Hulu + Live TV This Summer

NFL Media and Hulu announced today a new multi-year carriage agreement to bring NFL Network and NFL RedZone to Hulu's live TV subscription streaming service Hulu + Live TV by August 1.

Continuing the momentum from last month's long-term media distribution agreements secured by the National Football League, NFL Network and NFL RedZone will be available to Hulu + Live TV subscribers just in time for the 2021 NFL season.

"We are excited to bring NFL Network and NFL RedZone to Hulu + Live TV subscribers," said Hans Schroeder, EVP and Chief Operating Officer of NFL Media. "One of our top priorities as a League remains broadening the distribution platforms for NFL content, and so we're very pleased to bring our lineup of award-winning shows and live games to Hulu's live subscribers starting in the 2021 NFL season."

"With the addition of NFL Network and NFL RedZone to our channel lineup, Hulu + Live TV continues to be the ultimate destination for sports fans to watch thousands of hours of live sports programming," said Reagan Feeney, SVP, Live TV Content Programming & Partnerships, Hulu. "Starting with the 2021 NFL season, our viewers will have a front row seat to exclusive live games, original shows and other NFL content year-round."

The addition of NFL Network to Hulu + Live TV brings year-round NFL content to fans, including exclusive live games, popular studio shows such as Good Morning Football, NFL GameDay Morning, NFL Total Access and NFL Now, and award-winning original series such as A Football Life, NFL 360 and America's Game.

With NFL RedZone, subscribers can tune-in to watch host Scott Hanson delivering every touchdown from every game to fans on Sunday afternoons during the NFL regular season.

The NFL continues to be the most valuable content in all of sports and entertainment. Over the last five years, 24 of the top 25 and 77 of the top 100 most-watched programs on television have been NFL games.

Terms of the agreement were not disclosed.

THis is wiht hulu? liike reg hulu that i have or I need some sort of package wiht them to get it? 

4 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Do we know yet who will get NFL Sunday Ticket?  I had heard ESPN+ but then it sounded like that wasn't finalized.

It was my understanding that it is definitely ESPN +. But I don't think the consumer terms have been finalized \ released.  i.e. how much it will cost to watch.

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Maxman said:

It was my understanding that it is definitely ESPN +. But I don't think the consumer terms have been finalized \ released.  i.e. how much it will cost to watch.

Thanks.  I would love some type of innovation here in pricing and options.  While Sunday Ticket has been great for me as an out-of-towner I don't necessarily need EVERY NFL game every week.  A PPV option or an option for just one team's game (ex. Jets) all year at a lower subscription would be pretty cool.  The marketing could be great too.... "Why spend $200 to watch the Jets lose a game at the stadium when you can spend $12.99 to watch them lose from home!" lol

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

50 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Do we know yet who will get NFL Sunday Ticket?  I had heard ESPN+ but then it sounded like that wasn't finalized.

My understanding is it has not been finalized.  Craig Carton reported it, but supposedly, it is just "interest" at this point.  The bottom line is DirecTV owns the rights to Sunday Ticket through the 2022-2023 season (so two more seasons at least).

The current contract with DirevTV expires in 2023.  The NFL has publicly expressed interest in moving to a streaming platform.  ESPN has publicly expressed interest in engaging in discussions with the NFL for their games.  People are just making assumptions at this point.  This is far from finalized.