My 7 Round Mock With Grades from PFF

JetBlue

Love the 1st two picks, I like the bottom half of the draft. (pick 86 down)

I do not like picks 34 or 66.

Hate any LB pick in the top 3 rounds.

Sermon is an overrated prospect at this point imo.  He had about 3 wonder games late in the season to raise his profile, his career before that was so so to a disappointment.

• Upvote 4

22 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Love the 1st two picks, I like the bottom half of the draft. (pick 86 down)

I do not like picks 34 or 66.

Hate any LB pick in the top 3 rounds.

Sermon is an overrated prospect at this point imo.  He had about 3 wonder games late in the season to raise his profile, his career before that was so so to a disappointment.

I hear regarding Sermon but he doesn't have a lot of mileage on him and his skill set projects really well to the next level.  He is the power back we need to compliment Ty Johnson/Adams and Coleman.  You said he had 3 wonder games but he had them THIS YEAR not two or three years ago.  To me that means he is trending up.  In those games you speak of, he was absolutely DOMINANT.  That can not be disputed.  He also has tremendous hands as a receiver He is the kind of talent worth gambling on imho as he has franchise back potential, and I didn't think he would last that much longer.    Again, I appreciate your view on LB but this kid is a special talent and plays a position of need.   The value was just too great there. 

Second attempt.  I think I like this even better...   with exception of the Christensen pick, I really kinda blew it on that one.  I thought he was a RT and would be a good back up to Fant and might even challenge for time but then realized he was a LT.   I can only hope he can also play some OG...  and also back up Becton.  Of course this draft is not realistic but if those players were to fall, I would be estatic. 

image.thumb.png.5f86c560639a54e2c568ce83297353c2.png

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

31 minutes ago, JetBlue said:

I hear regarding Sermon but he doesn't have a lot of mileage on him and his skill set projects really well to the next level.  He is the power back we need to compliment Ty Johnson/Adams and Coleman.  You said he had 3 wonder games but he had them THIS YEAR not two or three years ago.  To me that means he is trending up.  In those games you speak of, he was absolutely DOMINANT.  That can not be disputed.  He also has tremendous hands as a receiver He is the kind of talent worth gambling on imho as he has franchise back potential, and I didn't think he would last that much longer.    Again, I appreciate your view on LB but this kid is a special talent and plays a position of need.   The value was just too great there. 

Josh Adams is probably that guy already.  Not so much a pass catcher, but big and can run between the tackles.  I wouldn't hate a Sermon pick, but I'm not sure it's necessary as our backfield is already getting a little crowded.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JetBlue said:

Second attempt.  I think I like this even better...   with exception of the Christensen pick, I really kinda blew it on that one.  I thought he was a RT and would be a good back up to Fant and might even challenge for time but then realized he was a LT.   I can only hope he can also play some OG...  and also back up Becton.  Of course this draft is not realistic but if those players were to fall, I would be estatic. 

still horrible draft

13 minutes ago, Ecuadorian Jet said:

still horrible draft

Care to elaborate?  No offense but if you really think that I have to question your knowledge of these players.  Of course no one has a crystal ball or can see the future, but do your self a favor and look up every player I selected, if you haven't already,  and then tell me why this is a horrible draft.  

6 minutes ago, JetBlue said:

Care to elaborate?  No offense but if you really think that I have to question your knowledge of these players.  Of course no one has a crystal ball or can see the future, but do your self a favor and look up every player I selected, if you haven't already,  and then tell me why this is a horrible draft.  

I love the defensive value of the second draft (if farley is healthy) but it’s hard to swallow one pick  for the oline in the top three rounds. Your first draft addresses that really nicely. It’s tough because it will take at least two drafts to sure up both sides of the ball so I think protecting the new QB early and often is the way to go. That being said with so many o line coming off the board a very high value defensive player will be there for the taking. I’m so glad I’m not a GM.  

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

You’re assuming Zach Wilson will be there at #2.

Aside from that, looks good.

How is Teven Jenkins at 23 a C? Dude is a beast.

Yeah I kinda think Wilson will be there at 2 lol. 

I didn't grade it, PFF does.  I was wondering the same thing. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, JetBlue said:

Yeah I kinda think Wilson will be there at 2 lol. 

I didn't grade it, PFF does.  I was wondering the same thing. 

A C is wild. I’d be so hyped if we get him at 23.

While I’d make some different picks, I think your first five picks are A+. I dont know the rest of the guys to have a full opinion. But the first 5 picks makes this draft an A+ for me. Im a huge fan of Tremble. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Wit said:

I love the defensive value of the second draft (if farley is healthy) but it’s hard to swallow one pick  for the oline in the top three rounds. Your first draft addresses that really nicely. It’s tough because it will take at least two drafts to sure up both sides of the ball so I think protecting the new QB early and often is the way to go. That being said with so many o line coming off the board a very high value defensive player will be there for the taking. I’m so glad I’m not a GM.  

Dude forget the rounds, look up Chuba Hubbard and Dwayne Eskridge.  A year from now everyone will be saying they should have went a round or two earlier.  Those guys both have BLAZING SPEED, one at running back and the other at WR.  They will change the very complexion of the special teams (punt and kickoffs) and also are threat to go the distance every time they touch the ball.   Even Vasher could stick as a 6'6 Wide receiver.   The only issue for me is taking Christensen that high (I think he might have been available in the 4th round).   Still if JD were to come away with this haul, the talent level on this team would be GREATLY IMPROVED. 

17 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Too little too late for OL help.  All the defense in the world won't matter if we can't keep the other side's defense out of our backfield.

You may be right, but Kendrick Green is a BEAST, as is Tevin Jenkins in the first mock.   Christensen has been moving up draft boards as well (I can only hope he can play some guard...) We still have Cam Clark who everyone was so high on last year.   He will definitely compete for a starting Guard spot.   

2 hours ago, JetBlue said:

Sorry if I hurt your feelings. I mean it. I really wasn't trying to do that

Why do I reject your mock? Not from a player standpoint, but from a concept approach.

On your first attempt you went T, LB, RB. You didn't addressed to the interior o-line and used to top picks in not urgent positions such as LB and RB.

On your second attempt, you go CB, EDGE. Positions that the Jets could use some help with, but Farley is a huge red flag because of injury and JD simply cannot afford keep drafting guys that will sit out half or more of the season before they can contribute. It will be nice to draft and EDGE drafted, but the Jets have QW plus other players, signed Lawson and Curry. Drafting EDGE should wait.

7 hours ago, JetBlue said:

I don’t know how good or bad most of these prospects are, but by position this is far more realistic than your first one.

Up-votes it got aside, no GM is drafting 5 of 6 of its starter-round (top 100 picks) prospects from one side of the ball. Boners over all these alleged instant offense upgrades will turn flaccid when fans reqlize it would likely result in seeing 2-3 of them in reserve roles this year, because the coaches won’t want it even if the GM was drunk enough to do it.

It’ll make half the people here faint, but there are bigger and more immediate holes at cb/edge than the OL, where (with a rookie QB) more than one rookie OL isn’t likely starting right away anyway. Plus spreading rookies across multiple position groups is the easiest way for coaches to get them on the field a lot (if not outright starting), not bunching them all in key roles together.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

11 hours ago, JetBlue said:

Love this draft. I do see JD trading back from 23 though. Accumulate even more ammo. 

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, JetBlue said:

Much better than your first try.  I could live with this draft.  I have performed about 75 mock drafts, and I have most of my results with phenomenal results.  But getting Jaelen Phillips with the 34th pick would be a huge win.  I don't think that he will be there at #34.  If he is, then the first 4 picks in your mock draft are terrific.

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, Wit said:

Thanks, it is nice to read an intelligent post, instead of some one just declaring "horrible draft."   

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, Ecuadorian Jet said:

Sorry if I hurt your feelings. I mean it. I really wasn't trying to do that

Why do I reject your mock? Not from a player standpoint, but from a concept approach.

On your first attempt you went T, LB, RB. You didn't addressed to the interior o-line and used to top picks in not urgent positions such as LB and RB.

On your second attempt, you go CB, EDGE. Positions that the Jets could use some help with, but Farley is a huge red flag because of injury and JD simply cannot afford keep drafting guys that will sit out half or more of the season before they can contribute. It will be nice to draft and EDGE drafted, but the Jets have QW plus other players, signed Lawson and Curry. Drafting EDGE should wait.

You didn't hurt my feelings lol. It is just kind weird to say "horrible draft" and not state why.  Now that you have expressed your points I can appreciate where you are coming from.   No worries, you make valid points.  I actually thought Jenkins would play guard.  I guess that was my mistake.   I know he is someone that supposedly is on their radar.   You say that LB and RB are not urgent positions but I looked also at the talent of said players and felt they were both significant upgrades over what we  have now. 

On the second attempt, I took ELITE talent at CB and Edge, and still came away with a top rated OG and 3 impact offensive players in Hubbard, Eskridge and Vasher.  Not sure how you rate that as "horrible".   We just drafted Cam Clark last year and with a year under his belt I fully expect him to challenge for a starting OG spot. Brady Christensen was definitely taken a round too early but I don't think he is a bad player.  I would let him work behind Fant.  Again, there certainly is room for debate on some of my selections but I  think the team would be vastly improved, especially with the second draft.  However, I definitely understand your desire to add more OG/OL.  

9 hours ago, Alka said:

Much better than your first try.  I could live with this draft.  I have performed about 75 mock drafts, and I have most of my results with phenomenal results.  But getting Jaelen Phillips with the 34th pick would be a huge win.  I don't think that he will be there at #34.  If he is, then the first 4 picks in your mock draft are terrific.

Yeah although some folks are killing me for taking a CB and Edge, it is like they are ignoring the elite talent of the two players selected. We come away with Farley (assuming his health checks out pre-draft) and Phillips, Saleh might pass out.   I also seriously doubt he will be there at 34 too, that is why  as much as I wanted to take a OG, I had to make that selection.  I bet JD would as well. 

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

I don’t know how good or bad most of these prospects are, but by position this is far more realistic than your first one.

Up-votes it got aside, no GM is drafting 5 of 6 of its starter-round (top 100 picks) prospects from one side of the ball. Boners over all these alleged instant offense upgrades will turn flaccid when fans reqlize it would likely result in seeing 2-3 of them in reserve roles this year, because the coaches won’t want it even if the GM was drunk enough to do it.

It’ll make half the people here faint, but there are bigger and more immediate holes at cb/edge than the OL, where (with a rookie QB) more than one rookie OL isn’t likely starting right away anyway. Plus spreading rookies across multiple position groups is the easiest way for coaches to get them on the field a lot (if not outright starting), not bunching them all in key roles together.

If we were to come away with Jaelen Phillips, Caleb Farley and Patrick Jones on Defense along with Chuba Hubbard, Dwayne Eskeridge and TJ Vasher, on offense,  plus Kendrick Green at OG and Brady Christensen at OT, and Zach Wilson at QB, I really don't know how any could complain.  That would be the best draft this team has had in the last 20 years.   

You add Phillips and Jones to our Defense and we are talking the Sack Exchange 2.0.  Farley will be the best cornerback we have drafted since Revis.   With both Hubbard and Eskeridge possessing elite speed and quickness our offense would become truly explosive.  (Just imagine them returning punts and kicks).  Vasher at 6'6 (great 50-50 and red zone threat) would be another big target for Wilson and would be great insurance in case Mims or Davis got injured.   

From everything I have read about Green, this guy is a serious monster in the run game and that is what Wilson needs more than anything because that sets up the play action which he truly excel at.   Line this kid up next to Becton and watch out!!!   Christensen could back up both tackle positions and be very valuable in case Becton misses a few games.  His familiarity playing with Wilson would come in very handy.   

Of course this all moot because there is absolutely no way guys like Phillips or Jones will fall as far as my mock as them falling.   I also doubt Farley makes it to 23. 

Great Job! I've been playing around with the simulator, so I thought I'd comment here, which I don't ordinarily do, I'm more of a lurker... Anyway I like most of your picks. A bit worried about Jaelan Phillip's history with concussions, but I'm a hypocrite because I myself drafted CFarley who has the back issues...

• Upvote 1