Zach Wilson to Steve Young "whats the best way to find success no matter where you land?

Jetsbb

I want to see this guy overcome adversity. I'm a little concerned about his upbringing. He knew somebody would be there for him if he ever needed to be bailed out. He's taking a huge step up. Nobody will be on the field to hold his hand. It's up to him. Will he step up. Or will he fold.

2 minutes ago, genot said:

I want to see this guy overcome adversity. I'm a little concerned about his upbringing. He knew somebody would be there for him if he ever needed to be bailed out. He's taking a huge step up. Nobody will be on the field to hold his hand. It's up to him. Will he step up. Or will he fold.

I agree for the most part, but the Jets problems all stem from terrible ownership. It's not an as easy task to be a good QB, carry a franchise, and also carry ownership who consistently makes terrible decisions. Wilson's career is up to him, but if he plays well and the Johnson's Johnson...he wont stick around either.

22 minutes ago, Jetsbb said:

Does this mean Zach doesn't think he is landing in a great spot and is therefore asking Young how to overcome that?

Outstanding answer by Young.  That he mentioned specifically a Jet coach is just gravy.  

Physical talent alone is not enough.  The gym rat mentality will prevail.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

18 minutes ago, genot said:

He didn’t have a great sophomore year and bounced back strong. He will be fine.  

19 minutes ago, genot said:

explain the Elway...Mannings... Mahomes...

• Upvote 1

The trailer ends with Lasso chatting it up with fellow AFC Richmond coaches about the Premier League team’s winless streak.

“Back home, if a team was playing poorly, we don’t call them unlucky,” Lasso explains.

“What do we call them, coach?” Lasso asks his assistant Coach Beard (played by Brendan Hunt).

“New York Jets,” deadpans Beard.

7 minutes ago, Morrissey said:

explain the Elway...Mannings... Mahomes...

Im not saying he can't handle adversity. I'm saying he hasn't shown us he can. It's not a criticism. His life as an NFL QB will be a lot different than it was at BYU. Especially last year. It was like throwing a football around with your friends most of the time.

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

3 minutes ago, genot said:

That was from injury. He was rarely tested on the field last year. If ever. 

Watch the Tenn and USC games. He is basically the same guy as 2020 pre hand injury. Kirwan says these tapes sold him on Wilson and Lombardi said the USC tape is the reason he became the #2 (or even #1) prospect on people's boards 

Just now, genot said:

What psychology. It was backyard football for him last year.

It's backyard football for most QBs in college. I don't think what kind of competition you think Lawrence and Fields play on stacked teams. People make it seem like these dudes faced the monstars every game when the truth is there's a huge gap between them and whoever they face because of the teams they're on. What adversity did Trevor Lawrence overcome? Losing to LSU? 

2 minutes ago, Tranquilo said:

Oh ok. Thanks, psychologist. I had no idea that overcoming adversity just meant what you want it to mean.

Im sorry im raising a concern that's been raised by a lot more people than me. For the sake of the Jet's and the fan base, i hope your boy crush with Zach is justified.

• Haha 1

Lol there is nothing negative in that clip. He specifically mentions the QB coach of the Jets in a positive light, compliments Zach's work ethic and says he will be fine. It also again like close to 100% confirms Zach to the Jets.

Also, it is a reasonable question. We screwed Darnold over pretty bad.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, genot said:

Im sorry im raising a concern that's been raised by a lot more people than me. For the sake of the Jet's and the fan base, i hope your boy crush with Zach is justified.

What makes my critique of your analysis a boycrush? Is this the strawman you're going to fall back on because I disagree with your definition of "adversity"?