Jason Sudeikis is funny

3 hours ago, Embrace the Suck said:

I have literally never heard any of those names associated with a comedian... Which doesn't mean they suck, but clearly they aren't household names as you seem to think. A possible exception being (Tracy?) Morgan is that's who you are referring to.

Suck, I was referring to James Morgan, because he's the funniest 4th round pick ever.

7 hours ago, rangerous said:

i don't know.  i don't watch the show much anymore.  some of the newer stars are pretty good but it's awful hard to match guys like belushi, murray, ackroyd, chase, farley, spade, sandler, ferrel, shannon or even norm evans.  i think maybe because the show, over the last 4 years, became way too political.

With SNL people think the generation they grew up with is the best one.  Throughout its history SNL has had people go on to make great TV and movies.  The current generation is no different.

1 minute ago, adb280z said:

With SNL people think the generation they grew up with is the best one.  Throughout its history SNL has had people go on to make great TV and movies.  The current generation is no different.

Not really

I grew up on the original SNL.

Now? Go back and watch the vast majority of those 70’s sketches these days, and they’re sh*t.

SNL was hands down at its best during the 90’s. After I was already married with two rugrats.

5 hours ago, Peace Frog said:

Then I guess it's a good thing I haven't warched SNL in the past 25 years.

True story.

Edit: other than some of the digital shorts and every episode of Celebrity Jeopardy.  Sean Connery lol.  

I’ve tried watching since 1995 and maybe laughed once while they did a homeland sketch 

10 hours ago, adb280z said:

Agree to a point. I find a lot of the current skits pretty funny. Kate McKinnon is pretty good.  But the new group, at least over the past 4 years, was getting too political.

10 hours ago, adb280z said:

The thing too is that the original group was highly refined before they got to s last.  They were mostly from second city and also National lampoon.  Lorne Michaels stole those guys.