College Spring Games 2021

I’ve had my fill of 2021 draft stuff, so onto the 2021 college season.   I started watching a lot of the spring games that are being televised on ESPN and the various conference networks.  I watched Alabama’s last night mainly to see how Bryce Young looked.   He looked ok, he’s not very big, reminds me of Spencer Rattler a little.  It is remarkable how they reload every year though, the best player on the field was probably an early enrollee true freshman WR Agiye Hall.   We’ll be talking about him as a top 10 pick in the 2024 draft no doubt.  For only being on campus a couple months, he certainly looks like he belongs.   

I could also see a bit of small change in their offense with Bill O’Brien as OC and Doug Marrone as O-line coach.   I wouldn’t be surprised to see some more 12 personnel this year.  Bama has 2 legit TE prospects in Billingsley and Latu.   @Paradis  I’m not sure how you defend these two if they are on the field at the same time.  First year starter at QB and an ex-NFL coordinator suggests the offense will have a different look.  

Good luck to the rest of the SEC, hopefully Georgia can stay healthy and take them down in SEC Championship game.  

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

20 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

Good luck to the rest of the SEC, hopefully Georgia can stay healthy and take them down in SEC Championship game.  

Georgia is already not healthy.  Geroge Pickens out for the season with an ACL. 

I watched our spring game this weekend.  Daniels was a little rusty early, but shook it off and looked good. As to his weapons without Pickens, true freshman Adonay MItchell looked really good after an early drop, but he was running with the 1s.  And our TEs should be weapons this year.  Darnell Washington, Soph TE had a much bigger role in the offense.  He is huge - 6'7" 265+ -- and will be a matchup nightmare for defenses.  Really hope to see him as a big part of the offense.  Pair him with Brock Bowers, freshman TE and we have a couple of talented TEs to run 12 personnel as well. 

Really wanted to see Vandagriff, the freshman QB, but he did not get many reps.

Only 20 more Saturdays until we take you guys on.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Lith said:

Georgia is already not healthy.  Geroge Pickens out for the season with an ACL. 

I watched our spring game this weekend.  Daniels was a little rusty early, but shook it off and looked good. As to his weapons without Pickens, true freshman Adonay MItchell looked really good after an early drop, but he was running with the 1s.  And our TEs should be weapons this year.  Darnell Washington, Soph TE had a much bigger role in the offense.  He is huge - 6'7" 265+ -- and will be a matchup nightmare for defenses.  Really hope to see him as a big part of the offense.  Pair him with Brock Bowers, freshman TE and we have a couple of talented TEs to run 12 personnel as well. 

Really wanted to see Vandagriff, the freshman QB, but he did not get many reps.

Only 20 more Saturdays until we take you guys on.

The Pickens injury sucks, I was really looking forward to seeing him with Daniels for an entire season.  I think Daniels has a chance to put up a really impressive season, I’ve always liked that kid and thought transferring to Georgia was a great move for him.  

I have plans to go to the Georgia game in September, hopefully everything stays the course and we should have almost full capacity by then.  

• Upvote 1

Here here! 

ive had my fill as well. Excited for the gator football this year, and yet bummed to hear about Pickens. 

interesting about those two TEs Sec101. We’ll see if they can take gaze off of Ruckert.

Was kind of hoping to following Shough in Lubbock as potential Jets QB target but looks like we’ll do the Beiber thing. 

11 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Here here! 

ive had my fill as well. Excited for the gator football this year, and yet bummed to hear about Pickens. 

interesting about those two TEs Sec101. We’ll see if they can take gaze off of Ruckert.

Was kind of hoping to following Shough in Lubbock as potential Jets QB target but looks like we’ll do the Beiber thing. 

Lavel Davis WR from UVA tore his ACL as well.  Another 6’5” gazelle that looked really promising.  

Lots of QB turnover at the big programs.   Alabama, Clemson, Ohio State, Florida, Norte Dame, LSU, Oregon all have new starters at QB this year.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, sec101row23 said:

Lavel Davis WR from UVA tore his ACL as well.  Another 6’5” gazelle that looked really promising.  

Lots of QB turnover at the big programs.   Alabama, Clemson, Ohio State, Florida, Norte Dame, LSU, Oregon all have new starters at QB this year.  

That’s right. I forgot about Davis. True freshman if I’m not mistaken. He looked very promising early on last year. 

9 hours ago, sec101row23 said:

The Pickens injury sucks, I was really looking forward to seeing him with Daniels for an entire season.  I think Daniels has a chance to put up a really impressive season, I’ve always liked that kid and thought transferring to Georgia was a great move for him.  

I have plans to go to the Georgia game in September, hopefully everything stays the course and we should have almost full capacity by then.  

I would love to get down to Charlotte for that one.  Don't think it is in the cards though.  Hoping Jets go to Atlanta on a weekend Dawgs are home during the season and I can make my first trp to Athens for a game in about 30 years.

Damn, I am old.