The Jets Aren't Going to be Horrible This Year

5 hours ago, bitonti said:

Warfish the Vegas total is 6

You're comfortable walking in the William Hill and putting a couple of hundred on over? 

Gfto bud they are going to be crap as usual 

Vegas lines are based on expected incoming betting, not expected outcome. The goal is to get 50% of the bets on either side, not predict the exact win total. When they can get half the bets going in each direction without having to move the lines, it's a perfect business with no risk. 

In our division, Miami's over/under was 6 last year, too. Bills at 8.5 was off by even more. Every year betting odds significantly underestimate a couple teams' win totals. 

Especially on the extremes (very low and very high expected win totals). If they truly believed a team would win 2-3 games, they're not setting the O/U at 3 unless they want to be gamblers themselves, seeing how nobody'd bet the under. Likewise if they really felt a few teams will win 13 games; no betting line is going to have multiple teams - probably not even one team - winning 13 or 14 games. 

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, RVAJet815 said:

If they don't draft OL and give him some more talent, yes I agree. But If they do that, there's no reason why he can't be out there year one (notice I didn't say week one...). Again the negativity is well founded if and only if they do all the stupid stuff the previous administrations did. If they build around the QB, there's every reason to believe this kid can succeed. 

They already missed the window to improve their line 

Rookie linemen do not play great as rookies. Unless they are Quenton Nelson 

26 minutes ago, bitonti said:

They already missed the window to improve their line 

Rookie linemen do not play great as rookies. Unless they are Quenton Nelson 

I disagree. And that's demonstrably false that only Nelson has done it, even in recent past. There were a handful in last year's class alone. There are several IOL that can walk in and upgrade GVR and Lewis right now. It's a matter of drafting them.

Just now, RVAJet815 said:

I disagree. And that's demonstrably false that only Nelson has done it, even in recent past. There were a handful in last year's class alone. There are several IOL that can walk in and upgrade GVR and Lewis right now. It's a matter of drafting them.

Those players who can make the line better right away are on the board at 2 not 23

It's not as deep a class as it seems 

11 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Those players who can make the line better right away are on the board at 2 not 23

It's not as deep a class as it seems 

If you say so....I see 5 guys on the board who could start and be an upgrade right now. And quite a few others that are solid depth options. And we have a guy in Douglas who should know the difference. But If you'd prefer gloom and doom, be my guest. 

Just now, RVAJet815 said:

If you say so....I see 5 guys on the board who could start and be an upgrade right now. And quite a few others that are depth options. 

Names? Avt and Jenkins will be gone by 23

Depth options don't stop ZW from getting whamboozled 

The line needs impact players. The whole team does... Not depth options behind George Fant 

7 minutes ago, bitonti said:

The line needs impact players. The whole team does... Not depth options behind George Fant 

Avt may or may not. Same for Jenkins. Really like both of them and very good chance one or both will be around. 

Slater,Darrisaw could be gone...small chance they're not. Those guys are worthy of a small trade up.

Huge fan of Leatherwood. And he'll absolutely be there. 

Maybe include Davis and Humphrey whuch could be R2 selections. Plus quite a few depth options for down the road (agree these should be in addition to *not instead of* the above)

On 4/21/2021 at 9:21 AM, Warfish said:

-Better Head Coach (Gase was the worst I've ever seen.)

-Better Offensive Coordinator (Did we even have an O-Co under Gase, really?)

-Better Offensive System (Shanny-style WCO > Gase Insanity)

-Better QB (We have to presume Wilson won't be dead last in the NFL, otherwise why would we dump Sam and draft Wilson, amirite?)

-Better at RB (No more feeding old Gore.)

-Better #1 WR (Davis over Perriman.)

-Better #2 WR (Mims healthy vs. missed most of season.)

-Not having a depth guy like Berrios be #2 in Catches at WR, lol.

-Better O-line (almost by default, Becton 2nd Year, high Draft Pick presumably)

-Better Edge (Carl Lawson)

-Better LB (Mosely back)

-Better CB (presuming we sign Sherman post-draft and/or draft a CB)

-Better play from JD 2020 Draft Class (Hall at CB fully healthy, Zuninga at Edge second year, Perine at RB, Davis at Safety 2nd year, etc).

-Presumed upgrades at a number of positions (#23 pick, #34 pick at minimum should be upgrades).

Will we win a Super Bowl in 2021?  We gonna be #1 in Offense, #1 in Defense?  Probably not, lol. ?  And no one is saying we will or should.

Should we be able to expect a competitive team that is in every game and competes and should be around .500 or better?

Hell yes we should! ?

Promise? 

1 hour ago, RVAJet815 said:

Avt may or may not. Same for Jenkins. Really like both of them and very good chance one or both will be around. 

Slater,Darrisaw could be gone...small chance they're not. Those guys are worthy of a small trade up.

Huge fan of Leatherwood. And he'll absolutely be there. 

Maybe include Davis and Humphrey whuch could be R2 selections. Plus quite a few depth options for down the road (agree these should be in addition to *not instead of* the above)

Leatherwood is a puss 

Wyatt Davis sux 

I like creed Humphrey tho 

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I just remembered Chuma Edoga is still in the NFL

lylom9ms8ctiqbnbvrlg

Look closely at the schedule.

Jags, Bengals, Saints, Eagles, and one against a division foe are expected home wins.  That's 5.

Broncos, Texans, Panthers, and one against a division foe are expected road wins.  That's 4.

That's 9 games we should be able to win.  Last year we pulled some big upsets against playoff teams, perhaps we can take a team like the Bills or Colts too. 

Saleh needs to get to 8 wins to better Gase and his "2019 was an easy schedule" season.  That's not an unreasonable expectation.  Gase sucked so bad.

SAR I

On 4/22/2021 at 9:25 PM, bitonti said:

The people who know everything are saying Wilson is already better than Aaron Rodgers so we don’t need an offensive line or receivers 

• Post of the Week 2