OK, so define success for the Jets in 2021

Two threads below taking a slightly different take on 2021. I don't think they are that different, but how will you define success for the Jets in 2021? The most tangible metric is wins. I see them as a 6 win team this year. On one hand, that triples their 2020 wins, on the other, another losing season. I view anything better than 6 wins as a success.

The rest becomes pretty subjective (just what this Board needs!), but:

• Overall attitude and intensity needs to be up. I want to see players that love to play and love to win
  • Play calling that makes sense. I don't want to "know" what play they are calling next. An offense & defense that is aggressive and unpredictable
  • Some play-makers start to distinguish themselves - a bit of offensive and defensive excitement from individuals.
  • Play strong in December, even if we aren't in the playoffs, maybe end a Miami run at the playoffs

If they end up 7-9 with some of the attributes above, I can be happy with that. Obviously there is considerable upside possible, but I'm with Slats - I don't expect too much. 

1) Zach Wilson must progress is play. 

2) The offense overall must show development.

3) The Jets overall record, barring injury, should be no worse than 7-10. 

Given how much change happened with this roster over the offseason, 7 wins is not at all expecting too much. It's also an enormous improvement from 2-14.

Ending the season knowing we have a franchise QB.  Don't care if it is Wilson, Fields or someone else.  Even Mike White, or Captain Morgan.  Just someone who can give us reason for optimism that the next decade will be way better than the last.  I just want to come out of this season feeling more confident than I have in 40+ years that we have finally found a QB to build around.

Is that too much to ask for? Probably

• Upvote 1

Buffalo went 6-10 in 2018 and Allen looked like a train wreck. Now look at them. RG III and Wentz looked like future stars in years 1 or 2 of their careers. Now look at them. Measuring success based on wins or the rookie QBs play all with a new coaching staff is ridiculous.  I want to see a team headed in the right direction from a coaching and talent standpoint. If the Jets go 5-12 and Wilson struggles, what is the option? Fire Saleh, Douglas, and draft another QB? It’s a multi- year rebuild. 

i can deal with a 5-12 6-11 season if Wilson looks good.

i cant help but think about the 11 draft picks we have in 2022. 

those 2 1st rounders.

i think 2022 is the last chance to load up this team before we make a run at the playoffs in 2023. i would want those 11 picks to be as good as they can be.

that includes rooting hard against Sam Darnold so the 2nd rd pick is nicer, unlike some of you who want him to do good. rooting against Seattle even thought it wont matter as long as Russ is there they will be good.

what do you guys think, were going to have 11 picks every year? two 1st rd picks? . i expect... we will have 7 picks in 2023 ...just like everybody else. and hopefully they will be in the mid 20s .

i dont want to tank, i just would be fine with a 5 win season so we can get the most of these 11 picks. 

and with Wilson playing well.

3 minutes ago, Aaron Hernandez said:

The bar is so GD low right now. I very literally cancelled my cable and said **** this half way through last year. We've sucked before. Thats normal. Nothing like last year ever. Just pretend like you care and are trying to improve weekly

Cable sucks i'm about ready to cancel mine but the wife is resisting. 

They keep raising rates and rental fees on cable boxes. 

Stream games and the draft like everyone else is doing. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Cable sucks i'm about ready to cancel mine but the wife is resisting. 

They keep raising rates and rental fees on cable boxes. 

Stream games and the draft like everyone else is doing. 

I really don't feel like I'm missing anything. I don't watch much other than the Jets anyway. Just get her Hulu. I was thinking about it anyway but I think it was the Miami game. I called and just said cancel it...... I'm done. They could have offered it free for a year. I was done, lol

I'll get one of those HD antenna things this year for Jets games. Praying they're not so bad again I throw that out

4 minutes ago, Aaron Hernandez said:

I really don't feel like I'm missing anything. I don't watch much other than the Jets anyway. Just get her Hulu. I was thinking about it anyway but I think it was the Miami game. I called and just said cancel it...... I'm done. They could have offered it free for a year. I was done, lol

I'll get one of those HD antenna things this year for Jets games. Praying they're not so bad again I throw that out

True story we bought one of those on Amazon for $45 when I was working mounted it on the roof of our building it picked up all the local channels in HD. 

• Upvote 1